Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am over-levelled and slowing xp progression

I am over-levelled and slowing xp progression

I shot up to almost level 71 but have only opened the Asian restaurant. I have yet to build the grill factory. I have since stopped filling helicopter, zoo and other players' orders. I am trying to build more community buildings and housing quickly.

Are there other ways to slow down xp progression? I wish Playrix allowed people to opt out of the xp events : maybe a button that says "I want to stop participating in this event."

I did enquire with customer support but reversing level progression isn't possible.

My trains are at level 11 and I play all day.
    Last edited by tofu21; 11-22-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tofu21 View Post
    I shot up to almost level 71 but have only opened the Asian restaurant. I have yet to build the grill factory. I have since stopped filling helicopter, zoo and other players' orders. I am trying to build more community buildings and housing quickly.

Are there other ways to slow down xp progression? I wish Playrix allowed people to opt out of the xp events : maybe a button that says "I want to stop participating in this event."

I did enquire with customer support but reversing level progression isn't possible.

Tofu21, I'm not certain that your problem is XP points. When you say you are trying to build CBs and Housing quickly, you do realize that earns you XP too, don't you?

I too play all day which allowed me to level up quickly. At first I was solely focused on leveling up but realized that wasn't very fulfilling. I started looking at other towns; reading advice from more experienced players; and using all the great charts and tables in the Wiki. It was a lot more fun to play once I started developing my own gaming style and strategies. Of course your experience will be different but I hope my little bit of info helps. Barb

I also spend more time on here than I should and found getting trains to level 21 to come back 50% faster to get materials was best thing I did
    I would not slow down on helping other players though as get lots of goodies from House of Luck
    I agree that for me the double xp event was more a hindrance than a help as it shortened the time I had to collect materials for the next cb and therefore clogged my barn up, BUT it won't be long now until I get the Pool Hall and will then be wanting to level up faster.
    Found this chart extremely helpful to know what to keep and what to sell off
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ding+materials
    Remember the late seventies being a tough few levels with several new products.
    Good Luck, Have Fun

I'm not quite sure what seems to be the problem with having a high level, or how slowing down XP progression will help. I am currently at level 50+ but have not built the past few factories available either. You will not be asked to fill goods from factories that you have not built (except in helicopter orders, which you can reject). When you say you want to build more houses and community buildings, what exactly is the obstacle? Is it money or materials?
    Town level 53, 44 zoo animals
    iOS

I'm confused, why would you want to slow down xp? Also, you know you can just stop playing right?

A lot of us have felt we progressed thru levels far too fast. Game designers do this to put pressure on us to spend money for tcash (or equivalent) to rush other things along in an attempt to keep up.

I think the real issue is that you are not earning enough coins to pay for all the cb, housing, factories, land expansion, zoo expansions, zoo enclosures you feel you should have by this point. Too bad they don't let us sell XP for coins.

You can start by not spending any more money on your zoo for a while. (Budget austerity!) The zoo is fun and all, but it is of almost no practical use or benefit to overall game play. Also the resources that go into building zoo enclosures can hamper your ability to finish community buildings.

Don't ignore the planes and helicopters. They are our primary revenue producers. Consider buying the double coin booster when you are ready to focus on copters for a couple days. I often do that when getting ready to buy a cb or factory.

Don't feel like you need to buy every factory as soon as you are eligible. We can do pretty well for a while being one or two behind. If you want, buy those items from the City Market when they appear. You will start getting helicopter requests for those items, but those can be dumped if you don't have them. Same for planes. If they ask for an item from a factory you haven't built, either send them away empty or ask for help all down that column and fill the other items yourself. We do not (yet) get trains asking for items from factories we don't have.

The most important thing is to try to get away from the notion that being at x level means we should have all those things done or we are somehow failing. We all play in different ways and different speeds. The real object shoukd be to have some fun at it.

I have all the available cb and housing for my level, but not all the factories partly because I just didn't want any more commodities cluttering up my barn, and because the game devs started giving us dopier and dopier factories, and I really don't want any of those very creepy looking dolls and puppets.

Also Re factories - save your coins and skip the jeweler indefinitely.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-08-2019 at 12:22 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I noticed that it takes longer to level up after level 70, so you will get your wish eventually. I am level 89 and I stopped paying attention to XP a long time ago. I just recently learned how to use the tool exchange and how to make my trains more effective, so building CBs is fun, not stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    A lot of us have felt we progressed thru levels far too fast. Game designers do this to put pressure on us to spend money for tcash (or equivalent) to rush other things along in an attempt to keep up.

I think the real issue is that you are not earning enough coins to pay for all the cb, housing, factories, land expansion, zoo expansions, zoo enclosures you feel you should have by this point. Too bad they don't let us sell XP for coins.

You can start by not spending any more money on your zoo for a while. (Budget austerity!) The zoo is fun and all, but it is of almost no practical use or benefit to overall game play. Also the resources that go into building zoo enclosures can hamper your ability to finish community buildings.

Don't ignore the planes and helicopters. They are our primary revenue producers. Consider buying the double coin booster when you are ready to focus on copters for a couple days. I often do that when getting ready to buy a cb or factory.

Don't feel like you need to buy every factory as soon as you are eligible. We can do pretty well for a while being one or two behind. If you want, buy those items from the City Market when they appear. You will start getting helicopter requests for those items, but those can be dumped if you don't have them. Same for planes. If they ask for an item from a factory you haven't built, either send them away empty or ask for help all down that column and fill the other items yourself. We do not (yet) get trains asking for items from factories we don't have.

The most important thing is to try to get away from the notion that being at x level means we should have all those things done or we are somehow failing. We all play in different ways and different speeds. The real object shoukd be to have some fun at it.

I have all the available cb and housing for my level, but not all the factories partly because I just didn't want any more commodities cluttering up my barn, and because the game devs started giving us dopier and dopier factories, and I really don't want any of those very creepy looking dolls and puppets.

I love all of this advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

This should be put on one of the stickies, or be a sticky in itself.
    That's the best advice anyone could give and if followed will ensure everything falls into place and the game is enjoyable.

Brilliant post Mayfield

This is why I loved the last event, the experiment event. It allowed me to catch up on building all the CBs and factories I couldn’t have built otherwise.