Thread: Paying for things

Paying for things

Hi

I’m new to the game and would like some advice please. I’m not happy that in order to get money out of the piggy bank I have to pay for it with my own money £2.99. Same with using the market. When I first used the market I could click on the man and get a search. Now I keep getting told that I hire him and again have to pay my own money. Is there any way round these?
    Thanks

Hi,

In order to use the market, you'll have to hire the dealer using township cash, which you can either buy, or earn in-game (from achievements, rewards, chests, mine, etc.). Only the first use of the dealer is free for one day, as a demonstration of how it works.

As for the piggy bank feature, that's just a way of offering t-cash for purchase at a discounted price. The t-cash that goes to the piggy bank is not something that you'd usually gain from normal gameplay, so you don't lose anything if you decide not to open it.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Yes, the piggy bank feature is a rather clever and sleek one which hopefully lures players into actually spending real money in exchange for T-cash. Ultimately it is a discount (compared to if you purchased it via the store directly), but then again if you didn't plan on purchasing any T-cash, then you can save a further £2.99. As dreadnought mentioned, you don't lose anything if you don't open it.

And yes, the dealer is payable with T-cash. Again they lure you by giving you a free trial. Once you have tried it out and potentially liking it, they will then ask you to hire him for a certain amount of T-cash. If you happen to have a lot of T-cash, then you could keep hiring him. Otherwise, it's easier to get used to the 'norm' of not having the dealer.

I do use the dealer, but only when he offers 60% discounts. Once you play long enough you will see such discounts: the 10-day hire period will be discounted from 90 to 36 T-cash. That's the only times I hire him, and I make sure I know exactly what I want to buy during the period so that I don't waste the 10 days. Some estimate that the 60% discount comes every month, but I've not really counted it myself. In between the discounts though I make sure I save up coins to spend when I hire the dealer.
    Town level 53, 44 zoo animals
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by singzeon View Post
    Yes, the piggy bank feature is a rather clever and sleek one which hopefully lures players into actually spending real money in exchange for T-cash. Ultimately it is a discount (compared to if you purchased it via the store directly), but then again if you didn't plan on purchasing any T-cash, then you can save a further £2.99. As dreadnought mentioned, you don't lose anything if you don't open it.

And yes, the dealer is payable with T-cash. Again they lure you by giving you a free trial. Once you have tried it out and potentially liking it, they will then ask you to hire him for a certain amount of T-cash. If you happen to have a lot of T-cash, then you could keep hiring him. Otherwise, it's easier to get used to the 'norm' of not having the dealer.

I do use the dealer, but only when he offers 60% discounts. Once you play long enough you will see such discounts: the 10-day hire period will be discounted from 90 to 36 T-cash. That's the only times I hire him, and I make sure I know exactly what I want to buy during the period so that I don't waste the 10 days. Some estimate that the 60% discount comes every month, but I've not really counted it myself. In between the discounts though I make sure I save up coins to spend when I hire the dealer.
    Save all of your dealer coupons. After 4-5 uses back to back you’ll get offered the 60%. This has worked for most of us many times now atleast.

These were also frustrating to me when I came upon them. When you first start the game there is one or maybe 2 free requests for goods directly from Raji. But generally you rent him with tcash for 1-5 days. It seems like a lot, but with minigame events and just general game play you can earn enough tcash to afford him periodically. If you plan wisely, you can save up and use his service to help you complete a more challenging goal such as gaining or for upgrades, etc. (you can buy ore from him for coins which can be very helpful when you're not finding consistently in the mine).

The dealer is a must for serious play, and well worth it. Once you hit level 53 the Tcash you earn buying jewelry from the dealer and selling in helicopter orders will alone pay for the cost of hiring him.

While you can get deep discounts by only occasionally hiring him, the need for constant access to the dealer for heavy play means you should just hire him one day for 12 tcash, and you will then be offered a 20% discount to renew. You can then renew for 72 tcash for 10 days, which is a good deal to have whatever you need on an hourly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by thruv View Post
    Save all of your dealer coupons. After 4-5 uses back to back you’ll get offered the 60%. This has worked for most of us many times now atleast.
    I'm with you on this one, especially now that I have an abundance of coupons. I don't know how I'm expected to get 30+ bulk items for a plane without my dealer or accumulating for hours hoping barn has enough storage space