Thread: Tool Exchange

Tool Exchange

My co op would like to have a tool exchange similar to requesting items thru chat. A place where we can exchange tools & construction materials amongst our co op group.

One of those excellent ideas that will likely never come to be. And what about us solo players who don't want the pressure to compete that seems to be characteristic of some coops?
    I am all for good ideas being put into play. It would be nice if someone would come up with a way for solo players to get a few more benefits somehow.
    Vague enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Carroll Hanes View Post
    One of those excellent ideas that will likely never come to be. And what about us solo players who don't want the pressure to compete that seems to be characteristic of some coops?
    I am all for good ideas being put into play. It would be nice if someone would come up with a way for solo players to get a few more benefits somehow.
    Vague enough?
    Just the right amount, lol.
    If the reason to not join a co-op is that you don't want to participate in regattas, you can find and join a co-op that is not interested in racing, and where the whole co-op opts out, and you can still benefit from all the perks that come with it, without the added pressure of racing. Of course, that is if you want to be in a co-op at all.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

When I heard we were getting the tool exchange building, I immediately thought it was a place we could trade hammers for nails, axes for saws, etc. But sadly it was just a way to get new tools being added to the game.

I guess enough players use tcash to buy the last few items needed for barn expansion that it is in their interests to keep those numbers out of balance.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    If the reason to not join a co-op is that you don't want to participate in regattas, you can find and join a co-op that is not interested in racing, and where the whole co-op opts out, and you can still benefit from all the perks that come with it, without the added pressure of racing. Of course, that is if you want to be in a co-op at all.
    Yes, I agree the key is finding the right one. I don't know why any coop insists on members racing. If the player is set to not racing, it does not hurt the coop's competitive chances to have them. I guess it could be an issue during Interseasonal. They really should have the opt out button work for those too.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    ....I don't know why any coop insists on members racing. If the player is set to not racing, it does not hurt the coop's competitive chances to have them. ...
    I think that is because the calculation in GL (and for GLB) is "the more the merrier", so to speak
    there's a number bonus for (all) members racing, see last point in Help here:

Screenshot_20191120-161258.jpg

So, a Coop wanting to advance in the GLB would rather have someone racing than opted out.

Thanks DD. I've never paid attention to Global Leader Board, so didn't think of that. I wonder what portion of TS coops actually do care about that competition.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Thanks DD. I've never paid attention to Global Leader Board, so didn't think of that. I wonder what portion of TS coops actually do care about that competition.
    You're welcome We don't get any percentages, but if you look in the GLB after a regatta (last tab in the regatta window), there's quite some movement up and down, so I guess there are quite many trying to get up. I've also seen the GLB position mentioned in Coop ads. I think it's ovbvious (naheliegend): if someone is competitive, then in all ways, incl. the GLB. If I had arrived in top 200, I think I would then try to reach top 100, too
    And it seems to be enough for Playrix to keep it up. *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Joslyn Ward View Post
    My co op would like to have a tool exchange similar to requesting items thru chat. A place where we can exchange tools & construction materials amongst our co op group.
    Look at the middle link in my signature