Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Find Artifact task from Verne completely unfair

Quote Originally Posted by MickCoady View Post
    I agree 100% with this. Also, this is Playrix we're talking about. The last set of prizes is 100 tcash and a land expansion. If this is like anything else they do..They will make the last week difficult. People will panic and spend real money so they can finish the required 1300. Cuddz is right about it being a win win....But more for Playrix then us
    But why panic? Like I said, you can skip a lot of tasks. If you do all the daily tasks, you can skip half of the weekly ones. That means you can skip ALL of this weeks and next weeks tasks. I get it, it's not fair, but before anyone spend any t-cash to speed things up, understand, that noone will lose any reward, if they play regulalry. Daily tasks are really easy. I think it's more about being inpatient, which is a common issue.

This event really is designed with a lot of extra tasks. I collected the 1100 point prizes this morning, which means there are more than enough tasks already on my board to finish even before we get to next week.

In hindsight, I think I would have passed on artifacts by choice. I could have saved an awful lot of mining tools and a few platinum bars spent on boats.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    This event really is designed with a lot of extra tasks. I collected the 1100 point prizes this morning, which means there are more than enough tasks already on my board to finish even before we get to next week.

In hindsight, I think I would have passed on artifacts by choice. I could have saved an awful lot of mining tools and a few platinum bars spent on boats.
    I'm at 1080 and have just been playing my normal game. I have had to skip tasks (no co-op) but am not feeling panicked about collecting the points needed at all. Only thing I did differently was buy the gold pass. The prizes available were well worth it.

I already have 2 of the artifacts just from normal playing. The one thing that I am finding difficult is the helping others and receiving clovers for it. I just don't have many players showing up as needing help since this started. I used to have at least 10 every time I went to help. Now I'm lucky if I have 3 show up and at times I haven't had any show up. Even Ernie doesn't show up much at all. But I keep plugging away and have no doubt I will reach the 1300 points needed even if I don't complete every task.

I do like the fact that the weekly tasks stick around so you've got longer to complete them!

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    I already have 2 of the artifacts just from normal playing.
    • Smart Navigation Booster - Check
    • Favorable Voyage Booster - Check
    • Efficient Smelting Booster - Check
    • Professor Verne's Market Perk - Check
    • Buy Platinum Ore from the Dealer - Check
    • Smelt your heart out - Check
    • 4 Ships to Frutus with Platinum (preferred) or Gold Ingot (Round trip 1 hour) - Check
    • Unload ships, hope for artifacts, rinse - repeat

Need to start with a supply of Platinum or Gold ingots as you can't smelt fast enough to replenish but.....

Plus the 3 active boosters counts toward an older task which I haven't finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    The one thing that I am finding difficult is the helping others and receiving clovers for it. I just don't have many players showing up as needing help since this started. I used to have at least 10 every time I went to help. Now I'm lucky if I have 3 show up and at times I haven't had any show up. Even Ernie doesn't show up much at all. But I keep plugging away and have no doubt I will reach the 1300 points needed even if I don't complete every task.
    I suspect that with everyone trying to get the 100 helps plus the regatta has a "fill plane crates" task that most people are coordinating their help requests with other team members leaving very few "free floating help requests" by people on your friends list. I know my team is trying to coordinate but a new external "ninjas" often get in first, they must be sitting on the "!" tab waiting to pounce on help requests.

Personally, I'm going to zone out and catch up on TV

Wow! Lower levels complain that they couldn't complete tasks, solo racers complained about chat requests & now high level players can't complete one. It seems fair to me! Play the game we still have two weeks of tasks! You'll all get your prizes

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Wow! Lower levels complain that they couldn't complete tasks, solo racers complained about chat requests & now high level players can't complete one. It seems fair to me! Play the game we still have two weeks of tasks! You'll all get your prizes
    Specialj501, while some people have 'complained' most of the posts I've read (including one I posted about the co-op task) fell more into what I would call 'commenting'. Some people, especially since this is a brand new event, have merely questioned if they could still get all the prizes without completing all the tasks; others have mentioned they are glad they didn't have to skip both the co-op and artifact tasks; even more have posted helpful tips without making judgemental statements.

I guess what I'm saying is what one person sees as complaining, others see as open forum discussion. Barb

Playrix have told me that although I have collected all museum artifacts and cannot complete the task, I will still be able to collect all the rewards and perks.
    Which is fair enough, however, it drives me mad to see a task sitting there, unfinished, through no fault of my own. It would be an idea for the future if playrix would add a delete button, so players dont have to look at an unfinished task, mocking them, until the end of the event.
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 162

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    • Smart Navigation Booster - Check
    • Favorable Voyage Booster - Check
    • Efficient Smelting Booster - Check
    • Professor Verne's Market Perk - Check
    • Buy Platinum Ore from the Dealer - Check
    • Smelt your heart out - Check
    • 4 Ships to Frutus with Platinum (preferred) or Gold Ingot (Round trip 1 hour) - Check
    • Unload ships, hope for artifacts, rinse - repeat

Need to start with a supply of Platinum or Gold ingots as you can't smelt fast enough to replenish but.....
    Geeze, you really made a production of it. I just added platinum to boats I needed to send anyway.

We have weeks to collect these, so I wouldn't advise anyone to waste the purple Smart Navigation booster over this.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I suspect that with everyone trying to get the 100 helps plus the regatta has a "fill plane crates" task that most people are coordinating their help requests with other team members leaving very few "free floating help requests" by people on your friends list. I know my team is trying to coordinate but a new external "ninjas" often get in first, they must be sitting on the "!" tab waiting to pounce on help requests.
    Actually there are quite a few of my friends that are not even in co-ops. I spent the time going thru my friends list and checking over the weekend and that actually surprised me. Others were like me and had not even built the co-op. The lack of people to help started before the event even started... at least for me.

I haven't used any boosters to find artifacts. Guess I'm just lucky that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    You can skip multiple 100 point tasks and still get every reward. It is possible to get over 2000 points, while you only need 1300. I am not saying it's fair, but I don't feel like I lose anything by not completing some of them. Hopefully next time they will be more thorough, but I still think this is the best deal I have seen in the game. Having those perks for weeks makes it so much more enjoyable to play. At least for me.
    Just to lay the math out a little more.....

We get 30 points each day (3 tasks, 10 points each) and the event runs 28 days, so that's 840 points.
    We get an additional 300 points each week from the 6 weekly tasks (100 pt, 100 pt, 25 pt, 25pt, 25pt, 25pt), so that's 1200 points for the whole event.

840 + 1200 = 2040 max points possible to earn if you do every task.

Only 1300 points are needed to collect the last reward, so you can skip 740 points and still get all the rewards.

While I share the frustration of everyone who is motivated to complete every task and is annoyed to be given one that is impossible to complete, reaching the final goal should still be easily attainable.