Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take a break from regatta without being demoted

Take a break from regatta without being demoted

I am in a solo co-op. And last week I just really wanted to skip the regatta because I wouldn't have the time. So I changed my setting to "not participate". Then I got a message that said if I didn't race, I would automatically be demoted to the lower level. I think that's silly and not really fair. We should be able to opt out of racing now and then and not be punished for it.

That's a good idea, but it would only apply to solo coops, and Playrix don't encourage them.
    Maybe if we shout loud enough they will change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    ... I changed my setting to "not participate". Then I got a message that said if I didn't race, I would automatically be demoted to the lower level...
    Arya, I also race solo and did the same thing last week but I don't remember a demotion message. I play on Android; are you perhaps on another operating system?

I recently did the same thing n was demoted..it is a little harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    Arya, I also race solo and did the same thing last week but I don't remember a demotion message. ..
    The demotion is even mentioned in the Help, see "important note" here:

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...sonal-regattas

I don't think it is OS related.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    That's a good idea, but it would only apply to solo coops, and Playrix don't encourage them.
    Maybe if we shout loud enough they will change their minds.
    This could also be useful for larger co-ops, when everyone wants to opt out for a week due to various reasons. To compromise, they could implement it in such a way that the whole co-op can't opt-out two or more weeks in a row, just as a little break
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

That would be even better Dread,
    I'm all in favour... Didn't think of it like that... Probably because it's never occurred.

Co-op teams opting out for 1 race, no demotion

Sounds like a great idea, however, I think the rule is in place to keep different level League’s competitive.

Otherwise, how does Playrix justify demoting bottom 3 racing teams, but leave others who ‘opt out’?
    If they did, some co-ops would use it as frequently as allowed, to maintain their place in higher level league...

I agree with others’ views on Playrix’s poor player advice/support inconsistencies,
    but in this instance, I think I understand why they don’t introduce this feature....

Will never understand playrix’s slowness to respond or inconsistent advice though 😩...
    Last edited by Katrina Marshall; 11-19-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Hi Katrina,
    If you mean Playrix don't answer here, it's because this forum is players helping players and Playrix staff very rarely read the threads.
    If you meant some other way I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Marshall View Post
    Sounds like a great idea, however, I think the rule is in place to keep different level League’s competitive.

Otherwise, how does Playrix justify demoting bottom 3 racing teams, but leave others who ‘opt out’?
    If they did, some co-ops would use it as frequently as allowed, to maintain their place in higher level league....
    Very good hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    ... Playrix staff very rarely read the threads.
    Everyone at Playrix seems to be too busy to read anything, incl. CS (my latest experience). But, as they keep this forum open, I believe they read here - would be rather clumsy to ignore all that feedback and handy info, right? What they save themselves (off?) with their behaviour (= no guarantee for an answer or set time for reading here, f.e.) is that they don't have to react - answer or explain - in any form here.