Thread: Township can not be installed anymore

Township can not be installed anymore

On a Medion Tablet S10346, Android 5.0.2, Township ran smoothly for years.

After a required hard reset to factory settings, Township can no longer be installed:

1. The Google Playstore does not offer Township for download.

2. The installation from another source is developed with the error message: <For phones. Your device is not compatible with this
    version> aborted.

3. Attempting to restore helium-backed township from a lower-level, older backup was basically successful.
    After connecting to facebook, where the current version is saved, the message <UPDATE REQUIRED> appears
    The attempt to download the update is developed with the error message as under 2. <For phones. Your device is not compatible
    with this version> also aborted.

4. On a second, identical Medion Tablet S10346, Android version 5.0.2, Township continues to run smoothly.

I ask for help.

Seem like doing a hard reset uninstalled some system updates. Check if you can install them again.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I think Graylady has hit on something. I don't know what the "factory installed android" version was but if it's an older Medion Tablet it could be lower than the current Township minimum of Android 4.2. Google Play will not list as "available for download" for any software that has a minimum version higher than the device that's trying to download it, it simply will not appear in a search result or app list. This could be why you cannot find it in the store.

Medion Tablets can be software upgraded to newer Android versions. You list it as 5.0.2 but is that before or after you did the factory reset. Check your google play store settings for "auto update" and let the device download all the updates since the factory installation.

Hope this helps but it is just a shot in the dark

Thanks for the hints that are plausible and made me optimistic to be the cause of my problem. I immediately checked the software versions on both Medion tablets. Unfortunately, both tablets exat have the same software version: Android version 5.0.2, build number LRX22L. 151105. 1328.dc0a6bc release-keys.
    I therefore hope for more information.

I have one more question / thing. You say that Township continues to run on an identical tablet. But is it the most current version of Township (with professor verne's tasks, i.e., 7.0.5? Can you see Township in the Play Store on that tablet?

I ask because I have an ancient tablet (android 4.0) whose OS cannot be upgraded, stuck with an old Android version. Township continued to work on that for quite a while but I could no longer update to the latest and it no longer showed up in the Play Store when I looked for updates.

It might be that neither of your tablets can use the latest version.

if, in fact, the identical tablet can see and/or upgrade Township then I am out of ideas (for now )

Next thing to check is Google Play Store et Google Play Services. See if you have the same version of both on the 2 devices. After that, I think I would contact the company that made the device as they may know what happen after a reset.

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Graylady, thanks for the crucial hint.
    My problem is solved. Township is now running on both tablets.

Cause was my mistake:
    After resetting the tablet to factory condition, I immediately focused on downloading and installing Township, but I did not succeed. Your advice to check the Google Play Store was critical. There was a Google Play Store icon on the display that allowed me to open the Play Store. But the apps were missing the Google Play Store and about 30 other apps. I forgot to update all other apps before installing Township. After updating all the other Apss, I was able to easily install Township and use Google Play to take over the current score.

Thanks again for your support.
    Traumstadt (Dieter)

Thanks for letting us know ;-) I am happy I was of help and that your problem is solved. Have fun and happy gaming !