Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP Please + How Can I Find My Town Again?

HELP Please + How Can I Find My Town Again?

My iPad is dying. Is there a way to get back to my game from a different iPad? I’ve been playing for three or four years. I enjoy the game and the thought of not being able to find my existing town is awful. I hope that starting over is not an option but I don’t know what to do. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Township Okie

Hi Tynzup. You will be able to play your current town on another ipad. The recommended way to transfer your game is to have your game linked to Facebook. This should make the transfer easy. On your new ipad you simply play a new Township game and when you get to level 5 it gives you the opportunity to connect to Facebook. It will than recognise your existing town already connected to FB and give you a choice to continue with new town or old/existing town.

If you do not have FB you can contact Playrix customer support from inside the game on your new device. Give them all your old towns details, Friend code, Co-op code, town level and request they link it to the device you are using. It is very important you reply to the automated responses at the beginning of your request in order for it to be passed on to an actual agent. It can take a few days for this to happen. They will then ask you some more questions about the town you want adding to your device. So it will be helpful if you can still access it on your existing ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ... On your new ipad you simply play a new Township game and when you get to level 5 it gives you the opportunity to connect to Facebook. It will than recognise your existing town already connected to FB and give you a choice to continue with new town or old/existing town. ...
    Just adding that this is after playing the tutorial in the new game/new device.

Downton, thanks for responding. I don’t have my friend code, coop code etc. I also don’t know how to be invited to FB. Any instruction you can give me on this will be greatly appreciated!!

Tymzup/Township Okie

I have now joined Facebook. I can’t find myself there. I don’t know if I should be able to or not. And if I understand correctly, Facebook will automatically recognize my new game at that point and offer me the information for the other one. If so, I’m OK. And I just see information about your number and I don’t have a number that I know of. My iPad is fading fast I’m down close to 10%. I’m turning off my iPad and hoping for the best. One of my co-op members also told me to go to Facebook (thx to him too). Thanks again Downton for your help. You’re the best!

After you establish your Facebook account, you need to connect your Township game to Facebook. Look in TS settings.

Also, if you have been playing connected to the iPad GameCenter, it should already have been backing up there. Check your iCloud settings on your iPad to back games up to iCloud and make sure you are signed into game center before you play TS next time. Your new iPad will recognize you as soon as you log into GameCenter there and your game progress will be automatically restored in all your games that work with GameCenter. Obviously, that won't help you if you plan to move to Android.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-16-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Tymzup View Post
    I have now joined Facebook. I can’t find myself there. I don’t know if I should be able to or not. And if I understand correctly, Facebook will automatically recognize my new game at that point and offer me the information for the other one. If so, I’m OK. And I just see information about your number and I don’t have a number that I know of. My iPad is fading fast I’m down close to 10%. I’m turning off my iPad and hoping for the best. One of my co-op members also told me to go to Facebook (thx to him too). Thanks again Downton for your help. You’re the best!
    You're welcome Tymzup . Also follow the advice Mayfield has given. Although your game should be recognised from your ipad account. Recently this has not happened for many customers. There have been quite a few posts from players swapping from kindle to kindle, android to android and ipad to ipad and for some reason the game did not transfer despite using the same accounts. This is why it is good you have connected via FB.

Hopefully you will be up and running soon. I will just reiterate, you must connect your original Township town to FB, from inside the game on your old device. Then when you have played through the tutorial on your new device and connect it to the same FB account, you should be given the choice of continuing with your existing town.

Please let us know how you get on.

ETA I have added a picture below to show where you can find your friend code. Write this down as it will be useful in the event that you need help from Playrix CS.

Go into your friends tab and tap invite friends. A pop up will then appear showing your friend code for your town .

IMG_20191116_195503.jpg

EATA
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Just adding that this is after playing the tutorial in the new game/new device.
    Thanks for pointing this out DD. Yes this is what I meant to say
    Last edited by Downton; 11-16-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out DD. Yes this is what I meant to say
    Keine Ursache not for that - you gave an excellent explanation and I thought it would help knowing about that "frame", no nervousness needed before <g>

BTW, there are 2 sticky threads in the Troubles and Solutions subforum about How to contact Playrix Support and How to transfer game to new device.
    Might be an idea to give the link to there, too (additionally to your nice description of almost everything and Mayfield's hint re Game center, not sure that is covered there*) in a case like this.

* and IIRC, the necessity of replying to the first CS answer isn't there anymore either. Still, they give Anna's name and "address", and are easy checklists with pics.
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-16-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Keine Ursache not for that - you gave an excellent explanation and I thought it would help knowing about that "frame", no nervousness needed before <g>

BTW, there are 2 sticky threads in the Troubles and Solutions subforum about How to contact Playrix Support and How to transfer game to new device.
    Might be an idea to give the link to there, too (additionally to your nice description of almost everything and Mayfield's hint re Game center, not sure that is covered there*) in a case like this.

* and IIRC, the necessity of replying to the first CS answer isn't there anymore either. Still, they give Anna's name and "address", and are easy checklists with pics.
    Excellent suggestion .

Tymzup please see also some instructions on how to transfer your game in the thread I have linked below

How to Transfer Your Progress to a New Device

And if you need any help regarding contacting CS (should you need to) please see the thread I have also linked below for instructions

How To Contact Township Support (iOS/Android/Kindle)

I think you can have your game back by turning on the gamecenter feature and using same apple id
    I always switch my device from my iphone6 and ipad air, so trust me, this works