Thread: Compost / fertilizer

Compost / fertilizer

Idea: when we harvest milk/eggs/fleeces naturally the barns would be cleaned out regularly, could one 'token' per harvest, be added to a compost bin which in turn become fertilizer tokens. X fertilizer tokens can be used as fertilizer on the fields to speed up growth on a field, for one go, instead of using the town money. I'm only on level 39 and this may be further down the line. Enjoying the game, thank you.

I like this idea. One unit of compost could make a field instantly harvestable.

(Unrelated linguist funnies)
    French for fruit purée is 'compôte' which is linguistically the same word as compost.
    An English alternative for jam is preserve.
    Do not ask a Frenchman for strawberry preserve, just... don't.

Mist is English for low cloud but German for dung

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post

(Unrelated linguist funnies)
    French for fruit purée is 'compôte' which is linguistically the same word as compost.
    An English alternative for jam is preserve.
    Do not ask a Frenchman for strawberry preserve, just... don't.

Mist is English for low cloud but German for dung
    In Russian I believe the word презерватив (preservative) means condom

I like this idea and it woukd really be helpful for the long growing crops.
    It would also be very useful when you are just short of requirements for a train.

I'm interested to know what strawberry preserve means to the French...

As I understand it Jam and Preserve are different, due to the way they are made.
    But like a lot of the English language its words and meanings are slowly changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I like this idea and it woukd really be helpful for the long growing crops.
    It would also be very useful when you are just short of requirements for a train.

I'm interested to know what strawberry preserve means to the French...

As I understand it Jam and Preserve are different, due to the way they are made.
    But like a lot of the English language its words and meanings are slowly changing.
    Same as it does to the Russians, thanks JJay for expanding my vokab

The OP's idea would also really help with regatta tasks when we've miscounted number of planted fields or forgotten to check that double-cross booster is still active