Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Event, regatta etc start times

Sorry I won't ask Anna, as in the screenshot Playrix have said different, and that us the same answer we have had.
    I can only go on the experience of our coop.
    So I will leave it, and agree to disagree, as you said JJay, it is what it is

To focus on the unimportant point of this conversation...

I would assume from the SN that Ian is in Canada, which would fit the start time brought up in the OP.

I’m not understanding why Europe is being brought into this...?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

With the OP's start time being midnight or 1am that would put him on either EST for the US or Atlantic Time Zone. I am in Oklahoma which is CST for the US or UTC -6. We generally get the Regatta at either 2am or 3 am depending on Daylight Saving Time. So I would almost go with Atlantic/Newfoundland as his location since Ian T Canada(?)
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary) WMZ83A
    Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Looking for a new co-op? Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Sorry I won't ask Anna, as in the screenshot Playrix have said different, and that us the same answer we have had.
    I can only go on the experience of our coop.
    So I will leave it, and agree to disagree, as you said JJay, it is what it is
    Cuddz Playrix support have given misinformation on a number of occasions. I am therefore inclined to believe Anna's (Playrix Admin) reply to the race starting for everyone the moment the regatta officially starts. Does Playrix tend to try and group co-ops together that start around the same time? Probably, but that doesn't change the fact that the race starts at the same time for everyone. You are taking a gamble starting later, and it might work out for you.

I am sorry you don't see the information clearly in the thread JJay linked to. Yes of course time is a factor. It is who finishes first, not who finishes quickest. A lot of us think it used to be who finished quickest as apposed to first, and they changed it, but Playrix claim this has never been the case. Either way we now know unless Anna or Playrix officially say otherwise the first is how it works now.

I just think it is important to keep the information on the forum as correct as possible for other members reading it. Especially on a subject that has caused so much confusion in the past.

Links to earlier posts from Nevada in the thread who was in touch with Anna to confirm this:

Fastest finisher or First to finish

Fastest finisher or First to finish
    Last edited by Downton; 11-15-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    With the OP's start time being midnight or 1am that would put him on either EST for the US or Atlantic Time Zone. I am in Oklahoma which is CST for the US or UTC -6. We generally get the Regatta at either 2am or 3 am depending on Daylight Saving Time. So I would almost go with Atlantic/Newfoundland as his location since Ian T Canada(?)
    I'm quite good at working out timezones going eastwards but get in a bit of a middle going backwards so please forgive me if have got things back to front.

If you in central open at 2-3 am -6, then Ian opening at midnight-1am would be - 8 then surely further west, between yourself and Vancouver/Seattle/L.A at -9. ???
    East Coast is between 4and 6 hours behind.

Brain now hurting-is it still Monday

Lol I love how this thread has turned into a guess where Ian lives .....I hope they come back and tell us

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I completely agree JJay. Anna has clarified the race for finishing quickest begins when the regatta starts. Not when we start the regatta.
    Maybe some of the confusion would die down if we used more precise terms. The race does not go to who finished quickest, it goes to who finished earliest.

The notion of timers starting at a different moment for each coop never made much sense to me, so was glad to see that clarified. I suppose it would be possible to program it that way, but it's sooo much more complicated that putting everybody on the same universal clock.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Maybe some of the confusion would die down if we used more precise terms. The race does not go to who finished quickest, it goes to who finished earliest......
    You are correct Mayfield. Bad choice of words on my part there. I think I made it more clear and precise in my most recent comment. The team who finished first not quickest .

The confusion as far as I was aware had died down a long time ago. As we have a whole thread that addressed (and answered IMO) this question. Including actual answers from our mods and admin.
    Last edited by Downton; 11-15-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I'm quite good at working out timezones going eastwards but get in a bit of a middle going backwards so please forgive me if have got things back to front.

If you in central open at 2-3 am -6, then Ian opening at midnight-1am would be - 8 then surely further west, between yourself and Vancouver/Seattle/L.A at -9. ???
    East Coast is between 4and 6 hours behind.

Brain now hurting-is it still Monday
    My age befuddled brain bows to your to your youthful exuberance and thinking power. I concur that I was going the wrong way on that one.
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary) WMZ83A
    Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Looking for a new co-op? Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    .....The race does not go to who finished quickest, it goes to who finished earliest.
    Which I think was the whole point of this thread originally, though it seems to have been lost somewhat. If 8am UTC is a time when you're awake and not at work/school etc, you probably have a far better chance of finishing earlier than someone for whom that time is in the middle of the night. Of course we're only talking about co-ops who take hours rather than days to finish, but I agree it would be a good idea to change the start times each week to give everyone a more fair chance.