Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not fair, Township peeps

I haven't built my coop. I was burned in a previous game by playing with strangers so I am very hesitant to do it again. I can still play and enjoy the game without it.

I don't necessarily consider it being unfair to have the task but more of a programming failure on the part of Playrix because they already have programming in place to not hinder those that do not have a feature of the game. No zoo, you don't received zoo cards. No House of Luck, you don't receive clovers. No Museum, you don't receive artifacts. An alternate task could have been programmed for those that don't have the coop. Doesn't help the solo racers though.

I won't be able to finish the task but so far I can do everything else and if the calculations are correct, I will still be able to get all the points needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    I haven't built my coop. I was burned in a previous game by playing with strangers so I am very hesitant to do it again. I can still play and enjoy the game without it.
    If you ever want to start a solo co-op and are worried about playing with strangers just make it a closed coop. That way no one can join without your permission.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

There is no argue about whether people like to play solo or coop
    But people play solo should have known better about the disadvantages and don't complain about it or put it to sth like not fair

The rules goes to everyone, it's absolutely fair

Shortly after i went solo, i realized i was only a couple of hundred helps away from getting the achievement of sharing goods with your coop. I created another town on an old device with a different game center account and got it to the point where it could join my coop. It is now at level 39 i think. Often, i go weeks without playing it but it comes in handy sometimes...for tasks like this one, when i need extra mining tools/ore, crate filling tasks etc. I have never raced in the regatta with this baby town. Another perk is that i can go visiting with my main town on Mondays without losing my coop.
    I wouldn’t want to try this with only one device/account because i’m pretty sure i’d end up losing my main town and it did take a bit of time to get the little town to the point that it is useful but it could be something to think about...
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

I started a co-op and added a few bad apples, had to "kick", now I don't have my 50 members and they won't let me add new members to replace those I kicked, what's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rena_the_fish View Post
    But people play solo should have known better about the disadvantages and don't complain about it or put it to sth like not fair

Again you have shown disrespect to players who approach the game differently than you. As I said earlier, I do not feel the task is 'unfair' but to say I "should have known better about the disadvantages" of racing solo is dismissive of my and other player's opinions and gaming styles. Playrix has managed to create a 'world' large enough for us all to enjoy in our own way and this forum provides a venue for us to discuss all of it even when our styles or strategies differ. Please stop inferring that townshippers who choose to race solo are somehow wrong and not allowed to voice opinions.

i am curious why dont u find some coop?
    joining a coop grant u nothing bad but benefits

you should consider to think about joining a coop before asking why there is such things so called not fair

imo, the tasks are for everyone, not even anywhere close to the word "not fair"

no offense, just my opinion
    Seriously? If this game allows the option of playing without being in a coop and allows the option of racing as a solo coop, then they need to treat those players the same as everyone else. Of course it is wrong of them to create a task those players can't do.

Yes, there is the option of setting yourself to not racing and joining any open coop temporarily until enough requests are filled. Still, completing one extra event task should not require that level of disruption in anyone's game.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-13-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Looking at this and all your other comments in this thread, I think you are rather enjoying the opportunity to provoke a reaction. The alternative is that you are extremely judgemental and rather selfish, in the sense that this problem doesn't negatively effect you, so tough luck it's your own fault attitude.

Either way enjoy the view from that high horse you are currently perched on .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Looking at this and all your other comments in this thread, I think you are rather enjoying the opportunity to provoke a reaction. The alternative is that you are extremely judgemental and rather selfish, in the sense that this problem doesn't negatively effect you, so tough luck it's your own fault attitude.

Either way enjoy the view from that high horse you are currently perched on .
    Lol, Downton, very well said

Oh ... and very well said, Barb, too

And to try to be a bit more objective: the conditions for fulfilling any task are very seldom the same for any two players: we all have upgraded our factories, trains, ships to different levels (in case of ships, some players won’t have them all), which means that some need (much) more time for some tasks than others. Players with many, many market boxes probable will be able to help and consequently play the HoL more often than players with less boxes.

All these ifs and whens depend on the way of playing we chose. So, no, I don‘t consider any task unfair. It‘s a great variety of tasks to choose from, which I like. I would perhaps think otherwise if it were not possible to earn all rewards without doing every task, but as it is, I think it is very well thought out.

The great variety of playing styles is one of the major assets oh Township in my opinion.