Thread: Placing a duck feeder

Placing a duck feeder

Hi,

I'm on level 48 and I'm trying to place my duck feeder.

I had a place in mind for it on the edge of my farm where there was a pond, but now I've done the expansion the pond has disappeared and it seems I can't place it there!!!!!

I have another pond in this area but I'm worried the same thing will happen again. Funnily enough there are some plots elsewhere in the town (manufacturing and housing areas) where I have not done an expansion because I thought I couldn't put anything on a pond!!!

Maybe I'm missing something???

Also, I have noticed in other towns the waterfront area looks a bit different - more sand and maybe a different shaped coastline. Is there some way of reclaiming land?

Ta

No there is no way to reclaim land.
    Where the coastline is different you will find its been taken from the edge of existing land, and the sand has been placed there.

If the pond is part of an area that is not expanded you won't be able to place anything on it.
    What other members have done is creat a pond to put them on.

Mousytrap, using the edit feature, (the four way arrow in the left upper corner), you can add water anywhere you want it. Once you select edit, you will have a graphic menu to choose from. One of the selections is terrain - grass, dirt, sand, water, etc. - the duck feeder must be placed on water.

Anytime you expand the land features currently showing disappear although a wish list item to keep it 'as is' after expansion does exist.

Barb

Thank you thank you... I now have my duck feeder started. Would you believe I hadn't even twigged what those were? Thought perhaps just some way of colouring the ground!!!

Mind you I was playing the game for a couple of weeks before figuring out how to increase my number of market boxes because I hadn't twigged I could scroll the boxes to the side!!!!

Anyway, I am thinking I need to do something similar to accommodate my coastguard station, but so far putting water under half of it for the boat to go isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    Hi,

Also, I have noticed in other towns the waterfront area looks a bit different - more sand and maybe a different shaped coastline. Is there some way of reclaiming land?

Ta
    Once you are in edit mode, you will see ropes and posts marking off the limit of the spaces we can use to make land or place objects. We can edit the shape of our coastline only up to those cords. If we want to place the something such as lighthouse or coast guard or otters there, we need to move the land back a couple spaces so the object will still be on the usable side if the ropes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-10-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    ...Anyway, I am thinking I need to do something similar to accommodate my coastguard station, but so far putting water under half of it for the boat to go isn't working.
    Nope, the whole CB needs to be placed on water. HTH

Aha!!! Thanks. Found the same thing with the duck feeder!