Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: event points experience

event points experience

I am fairly new to the game so I've participated in very few events so far, but I have enjoyed the ones I've done. That said, this gum one is somewhat disappointing to me compared with the few I've done previous. The game itself is fun and I like the prizes. But when you hit a red spot, if you do not choose to spend the tcash to continue you lose most of the points you earned. The game is calling it a finishing bonus or something. Its really disheartening to hit one of those spots when you've almost completed it, only to be told that it you do not use to tcash to finish that round you'll only get 19 points instead of 109 (or some other high number). Is this a typical tactic because this has been the first event I've done with a mechanism like this (but maybe it's common and I'm just new, so that's why I'm asking)? I mean, really I couldn't care less how the pointing works as long as it makes sense. But it's disingenuous to display points like someone's earned them only to threaten to take a bunch away if they don't give up their tcash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I am fairly new to the game so I've participated in very few events so far, but I have enjoyed the ones I've done. That said, this gum one is somewhat disappointing to me compared with the few I've done previous. The game itself is fun and I like the prizes. But when you hit a red spot, if you do not choose to spend the tcash to continue you lose most of the points you earned. The game is calling it a finishing bonus or something. Its really disheartening to hit one of those spots when you've almost completed it, only to be told that it you do not use to tcash to finish that round you'll only get 19 points instead of 109 (or some other high number). Is this a typical tactic because this has been the first event I've done with a mechanism like this (but maybe it's common and I'm just new, so that's why I'm asking)? I mean, really I couldn't care less how the pointing works as long as it makes sense. But it's disingenuous to display points like someone's earned them only to threaten to take a bunch away if they don't give up their tcash.
    Every event is different. Yes some unfortunately will take t-cash to continue & finish your level or they won't give you your points at all. As time goes on you will learn which events are just a cash grab & the ones that are just for fun. The next one, Fast Food stars, will hopefully be better. Good luck & happy gaming!

Hi Zealous, I understand your frustration.
    This was pointed out when this event was first introduce, and I doubt it will change.
    As always it's about the money and how much players are willing to spend.
    As Specialj501 says...you will learn as you go which events you want to play and which you want to leave alone,
    Good luck with whatever you do!

Most of these events ask you to spend t-cash to keep playing once you fail to complete the task. Some also give you the option to open chests or boxes also for t-cash. You have to decide if you want to spend it. Personally I never spend to keep going once I fail the task. And only randomly buy the chests.
    I don't think it is worth it to spend $50 t-cash to win $30.
    There are some things you can do to give yourself a better chance of winning. Start the event later, I usually wait two or three days to start it. This can help put you into a less competitive group. Make sure you have lots of tokens, tickets, keys or whatever prepped and saved before you start.
    If you can play a bunch of times in a row you can advance faster and also learn to play the event better. None of these suggestions guarantees you will win but I have found they help. Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and try again next time.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    Most of these events ask you to spend t-cash to keep playing once you fail to complete the task. Some also give you the option to open chests or boxes also for t-cash. You have to decide if you want to spend it. Personally I never spend to keep going once I fail the task. And only randomly buy the chests.
    I don't think it is worth it to spend $50 t-cash to win $30.
    There are some things you can do to give yourself a better chance of winning. Start the event later, I usually wait two or three days to start it. This can help put you into a less competitive group. Make sure you have lots of tokens, tickets, keys or whatever prepped and saved before you start.
    If you can play a bunch of times in a row you can advance faster and also learn to play the event better. None of these suggestions guarantees you will win but I have found they help. Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and try again next time.
    These are great suggestions! I always start several days late after I have saved up lots of tokens, tickets, keys etc. I also rarely pay to continue and rarely buy any interim chests. I keep track of how much I am winning/losing and try to at least break even before the final payoff.

I did find the gumball event to be challenging with a big learning curve but I now love it. I found it I played it many times in a row I found a nice successful rhythm. BUT eventually I would but an extremely hard series of lots of red areas and moving panels. At that point I would take a break for an hour or so. When I returned to the game it would revert to easier pathways for awhile. Anyone else experience that?

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    BUT eventually I would but an extremely hard series of lots of red areas and moving panels. At that point I would take a break for an hour or so. When I returned to the game it would revert to easier pathways for awhile. Anyone else experience that?
    I have noticed that Cody, usually overnight it will revert to the easier pathways.
    I quite enjoy this event though, but boy it can be frustrating, as I tell my iPad in a raised voice at times lol

....At that point I would take a break for an hour or so. When I returned to the game it would revert to easier pathways for awhile. Anyone else experience that?
    Yes, I did. I was hopeless at this game and only played till the third personal reward, but I found that if ever I left it for a while the next couple of times I played the game was definitely easier.

BUT eventually I would but an extremely hard series of lots of red areas and moving panels. At that point I would take a break for an hour or so. When I returned to the game it would revert to easier pathways for awhile. Anyone else experience that?
    Yes, I notice too and not only with this event.
    To be honest I like all events so far except trucks. I would like them too but the traffic is so heavy that I need to send trucks one by one and that made the game very boring.
    Town level: 130, all lands, buildings
    Zoo level: all animals
    Platform: android
    Fishdom: level 1010
    Playing since 2016

... BUT eventually I would but an extremely hard series of lots of red areas and moving panels. At that point I would take a break for an hour or so. When I returned to the game it would revert to easier pathways for awhile. Anyone else experience that?
    Yes, here also, and like Tatjana, not in this event only. The last one with the trucks had it also -- more trucks, more roads to cross, when I played longer. And finally an one hour break didn't help here anymore, alas, had to be longer.

In the Bubble Gum event, I met situations where I found it really impossible NOT to hit a red spot, even with going to the other side of the platform, and with moving during the jump, cos f.e. the lower part was moving, too - into my way.
    Or cos there was more red than white then. I didn't like it much in the end, because of all these obstacles.
    It is beyond me how so many players could reach over 25k results.
    I play a few other similar games, here in between also, and found it refreshing (NOT boring, no), when I could rather simply win some rounds.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

And, I also had a few instances where there were ridiculous numbers of reds on a platform. I met my goal though so I'm fine. I would prefer the points we see while in play were our actual points rather than potential.