Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Christmas shows: search for Township in real life(IRL)

Before we continue to the next special Christmas department, which is located on the first floor, I first want to return to the aforementioned Dream Flight in the Efteling. At the start of this fairytale attraction you step into a gondola of an indoor cable car that will lead you through the Elven Empire.

Like to take a look? Click to see the vid.

A decorated escalator: the history of Vlechtoria(Duiven)

Translation of the text from the YouTube video (visible after clicking the picture):

Welcome to a bizarre and mysterious piece of history.
    December 1788 was the coldest month in decades.
    Temperatures dropped far below freezing.
    An icy north wind had been around for weeks.
    The rope weaving mill, which the residents called Vlechtoria, cracked at the seams.
    The cold was so unbearable that the residents left the small village.
    And never returned.

One year after the ominous winter, the bright moonlight brought life back to Vlechtoria.
    In a short time the wide area became overgrown with greenery.
    A paradise that was discovered one day by a few small hummingbirds.
    Thousands of hummingbirds gathered in the time that followed.
    Every night when the moon shines bright again, the hummingbirds fly to the large hollow tree in the middle of paradise.
    The moment when the old factory moves inexplicably again.
    The nectar that the hummingbirds have collected in paradise is converted into wonderful scents in the factory.
    Together with the luminous ropes and low-hanging fog, this provides a special spectacle.
    A mystery that unfortunately can only be seen three months a year.

The rise to the next Christmas department is an ode to the special history of Vlechtoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ... Phew, that's a relief, though I may stay anyway. You guys are welcome to join me
    now that's an idea...

Did you see the building with the water wheel in the video? Let's go back to the hall for the Efteling area.

There is such a same building! Not only is the large water wheel in full swing, everything is spinning around inside too!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-24-2019 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Changed links on request DD

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    One of the largest amusement parks in the Netherlands is the Efteling. In addition to the diverse theme roller coasters there are many other fairytale-like attractions.

...and last but not least... Joris Dragon!
    I found that Joris the Dragon even has its/his/their own home page
    impressive, all of them, and thanks again for this travel, Ruud!
    two older dragons.jpg tap to enlarge
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-23-2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added hint for pic

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I found that Joris the Dragon even has its/his/their own home page
    impressive, all of them, and thanks again for this travel, Ruud!
    Never enough Dragons! Oh and DD, Hugo says Hi! I met him this week after his final 'arival'.

Let's go upstairs! In the first video the screen way is wrong, you may miss the scents that certainly contributes to the atmosphere, but here is a brave attempt to give you an impression of the 'Efteling' experience while we go upstairs.
    IMG_20191222_152553.jpg
    And why did the story writers choose for Hummingbirds having a main role in this story? Because of this lovely specie.
    There are dozens in the entrance and this one is hanging in our Christmas tree.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-24-2019 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Extra pictures linked but to many to go to do this with every pic ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Never enough Dragons! Oh and DD, Hugo says Hi! I met him this week after his final 'arival'.
    Hi back!
    but... erm, Hugo..? sorry, I don't get it, am a bit slow today (or rather, hectical, lol).

and Ruud, could you pls re-check the photos in posts 34 and 37: I can't "tap to enlarge" .

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Hi back!
    but... erm, Hugo..? sorry, I don't get it, am a bit slow today (or rather, hectical, lol).

and Ruud, could you pls re-check the photos in posts 34 and 37: I can't "tap to enlarge" .
    For more clearance about Hugo I have sent you a PM

After watching my vids and pictures instore / yet to publish before Christmas I found out I am not even half way...
    So I recognize hectical
    And there is a faster way to publish enlargeble pictures so I hope you understand my choice in changing my way of editing (at least for today]

On the Christmas department upstairs;
    IMG_20191107_121110.jpg IMG_20191107_121753.jpg IMG_20191107_123337.jpg IMG_20191107_121723.jpg IMG_20191107_121821.jpg
    When you enter this department you will be welcomed by these dear deers and other beautiful stuff.

IMG_20191107_122959.jpg IMG_20191107_122506.jpg IMG_20191107_122406.jpg IMG_20191107_122352.jpg IMG_20191107_122416.jpg
    It sounds like an open door but do you know the Nutcrackers? Aren't they producid a lit in Germany? They are well represented here!

And no worries about me; after a deep breath and some sleep I will continue ....
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-24-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Any Sweet lovers around? Plenty of choice to fill your Christmas tree with
    And this one is clickable.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-24-2019 at 09:21 AM.