Thread: App will not open

App will not open

Since the beginning of October the Township app will not open on my MacBook Air/OS Catalina 10.15.1. There have bee several updates since then and I delete the app, restart and redownload. Even the restarted/updated/redownload will not open. I recently read about trying to access the app through a "Guest User" account from my laptop and this works. Why will the app not open under my regular account (I had been using it for years prior)? Also, I have contact CS support and was communicating with someone who just stopped responding. I am willing to troubleshoot myself but just need guidance. If anyone knows how to solve for this please let me know. Thanks very much.

Have you tried this from the Mac users thread? :

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1579471

Hope it works for you

The Mac users thread is here :

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...and-Discussion

Thank you JJay! I was able to resolve my issue (at least for now)! The Mac users thread mentions trying the instructions below. However I never saw the "com.playrix" files as it indicates ( I had tried this several times over the past month). On a whim just now I searched in Finder for just "playrix" and all these files appeared (com.playrix). I deleted them all, restarted, redownloaded the App and I am back in. Yay! Just hope it lasts!

1. Delete the game.
    2. Open Finder. When the Finder window is opened, simply use CMD+SHIFT+G and it will show a pop-up where you can type the following address: /Users/user_name/Library/Containers (please do not forget to substitute "user_name" with your actual MacOS user name).
    3. In the opened folder try to find and delete the com.playrix (also called com.playrix.township-mac). folder.
    4. Restart your Mac and try to load the game again.

Yay Happy to hear you finally managed to get back in to the game. Fingers crossed for you that there are no more problems.