Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Professor vernes experiment! New event!!!

Love the new experiment addition....brightens it all up

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    So everyone, a brand new event, that lasts for a whole month!

Essentially, this appears to be the equivalent of a personal regatta. You get offered tasks to complete, but they’re YOUR tasks, everyone gets different ones. As you complete your tasks you earn lightning points, which you change for prizes. You can earn everything along the bottom row.

If you purchase (real money) the Gold Pass, you can also collect the rewards along the top row.
    Also, your co-op chat will have a message pop up, and (it appears to be 10) of your co-op members can collect 5TC because you purchased the gold pass!
    Aaaaaand... the gold pass allows you to request things like barn upgrade tools in co-op chat!

Will update with pics when able.

Tell us what you think!

No videos on Kindle, either...

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    Lutka48 if it makes you feel any better players on the Mac platform don't ever get any ads.
    I've been playing about 1 1/2 Years. and had zero videos on my Kindle. Every once in a while I have to play on my iPhone, and I will rarely but occasionally get a video there.

If I want Tcash, I have to buy it. Players who get video cash any time are very fortunate. However, I see your concern regarding the Gold Pass, but there is a bit of cash available as rewards, including 50 once and 100 once, along with other, more frequent,smaller amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I'm not sure I get it fully yet, JJ, pls help me: which prizes for an event do you mean?
    Not the 5 tc-"reward" for someone else in Coop buying the Gold Pass, or yes?
    Sorry _DD_, thought I'd replied to you last night but I obviously didn't press "submit reply" Yes, I did mean the 5 T-cash. It'll be interesting to see whether visitors are able to collect it on Monday.

I think they will be able to..merely because it is open to all coop members.
    That said..if it is indeed available to visitors, I think it's a bit unethical to go to another coop just to take it, unless it either a solo coop or one that has few enough members to be able to let some go

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I think they will be able to..merely because it is open to all coop members.
    That said..if it is indeed available to visitors, I think it's a bit unethical to go to another coop just to take it, unless it either a solo coop or one that has few enough members to be able to let some go
    I agree it would be pretty rude just to raid a stranger's co-op and take 5 T-cash, although there are probably some people who'll do that if that's the way it works. But there's nothing wrong with inviting friends in to get a free gift. Originally though I was wondering if someone like me who has a solo co-op, and so if I bought the pass would have 10 x 5 T-cash available, could invite my mini town 10 times and each time they would be able to collect the cash, or whether the game would recognise that it was the same person and limit them to only collecting it once. It's a hypothetical question because I haven't bought the pass and don't intend to, and that might not be the way it works anyway.

Oh that would be interesting to find out if you invite the same player 10 times,
    And yes I agree if a player is invited for that reason then that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    I need to apologize for earlier comment, downtown is correct that I should have respected others comments about their experience....
    no, I for one didn't understand your post as rude or attacking others, or I wouldn't have replied to it. But whatever it was that made you think so, I hope that other annoyance has gone away meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Sorry _DD_, thought I'd replied to you last night but I obviously didn't press "submit reply"
    No worries, JJ, that's probably cos we should be doing other things at night anyway Glad to see you came back and sent it!

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Yes, I did mean the 5 T-cash. It'll be interesting to see whether visitors are able to collect it on Monday.
    Thanks. I wouldn't have made that connection, that's why it took me so long. But as we both were thinking out loud, interesting to see our thoughts' paths crossing here (not sure how many genitives should be in there *g*), or one being initial spark for the other

JayS was so clever to try and invite me - thx Jay! - and if I manage to go there on Monday, we'll know, yay! <jumping up and down in an-
    tici-
    pation! >

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    no, I for one didn't understand your post as rude or attacking others, or I wouldn't have replied to it. But whatever it was that made you think so, I hope that other annoyance has gone away meanwhile.

I don't think specialj was apologising for, or suggesting they had been rude or attacked others. Rather I take the apology simply meant for being dismissive of other players experiences regarding the subject discussed.

ETA And just to be clear, I certainly was not suggesting they had been rude or had attacked others either.
    Last edited by Downton; 11-09-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I don't think specialj was apologising for, or suggesting they had been rude or attacked others. ...
    Mainly I meant to say to specialj that apology was not necessary in my opinion, so they feel less bad about their earlier post. They weren't "dismissive of other players experiences" in my opinion. And it's good now...