Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 363

Thread: Professor vernes experiment! New event!!!

  1. #311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Roullier View Post
    What email? Repeating 14 times? I'm looking for help with my gems task (collect 100!)...
    I think email refers to the in game notice (the little envelope with the red exclamation mark).

    In my game, the gem task is 100 points to collect 25 gems, not 100 gems. Even at 25, that gems task is still pretty bad starting this close to the end of the event. We do generally get one gem for each fully loaded plane sent, but getting them from mining and chests is very random. Since this task appeared, my count is 13 gems, mostly from planes sent thru normal game play. I have gotten next to none from chests. It would have taken a lot of extra mining to have collected the other twelve with only 2 days left.

    Imo the difficulty of the last set of Ongoing tasks was one of the few poorly conceived features in this event. Apart from folks just getting a late start, the only players still needing tasks at this point are the ones who had difficulty even finishing the earlier, easier ones. Made me really glad to have finished last week.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-30-2019 at 06:33 PM.

  2. #312
    Member Magnolia Township's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Roullier View Post
    What email? Repeating 14 times? I'm looking for help with my gems task (collect 100!)...
    Sorry for the confusion Wendy! In my game, the email arrived at the same time as the last set of goals. I later realized it was the same bunny avatar achievement that had been in the game all along...not sure why it warranted an email lol.

  3. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Hello Wendy

    Have you received all of the event prizes? If so, personally, I would not stress over it, these don't have to be completed.

    If not, I would not recommend purchasing the gems. However, to answer your question as to "where to buy them"...tap on the store and you'll see the gems at the bottom. Tap on them and it'll open up all the gems you have as well as the ability to purchase.

    This link explains where you can get gems:

    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...for&l=en&p=web

    On the cotton...was it harvesting cotton from fields or the cotton fabric? If the fabric, then you have to use the cotton fabric. That means making other products that use cotton fabric as an ingredient. For example a shirt.
    I play on android (does everyone here? idk) and that task was labeled "units of cotton" but the image was bolts of fabric. I had to test it out with a table cloth before I figured out it was bolts of fabric and not units of cotton like it said. I only made one so no biggie, but it would have been best to label it correctly.

    On a plus, I did that task when we still had the cooking event. so I put out 10 chefs hats to complete the task, and when the event ended I got coins for the hats and tablecloth (better pay than my heli orders).

  4. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I think email refers to the in game notice (the little envelope with the red exclamation mark).

    In my game, the gem task is 100 points to collect 25 gems, not 100 gems. Even at 25, that gems task is still pretty bad starting this close to the end of the event. We do generally get one gem for each fully loaded plane sent, but getting them from mining and chests is very random. Since this task appeared, my count is 13 gems, mostly from planes sent thru normal game play. I have gotten next to none from chests. It would have taken a lot of extra mining to have collected the other twelve with only 2 days left.

    Imo the difficulty of the last set of Ongoing tasks was one of the few poorly conceived features in this event. Apart from folks just getting a late start, the only players still needing tasks at this point are the ones who had difficulty even finishing the earlier, easier ones. Made me really glad to have finished last week.
    Yea, I'm one of those players lol. Really, I was pretty perturbed when I saw the tasks, especially since one of the repeat dailys is one I can not complete once, much less the 3 freaking times its come up (I don't have enough neighbors to get so many clovers for the house of luck. I have not completed the coop. etc). But I did realize that I've easily earned enough tchash from this event to afford Raji, buy some ore, crank out 30 ingots and send them off, thereby getting the last points I need to finish. So, I'll finish, but it wasn't super "easy". I wouldn't say it was hard though either.

    I will say that if the last week wasn't as challenging as they chose to make it, I would have bought the pass and collected those rewards too (I would have felt confident I could complete it and not be wasting money on something I won't get). As it stood, I was unsure if I could finish so I did not buy it. I wonder how many other people didnt/won't buy it for the same reason.

  5. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,181
    I was one that finished early.
    Since then I gave obviously paid any attention to the event.
    However I gave looked in when I've been notified there is something completed and therefore a reward.
    The gems have been completed simply by playing my game as normal. I think it must have been purely from planes.

  6. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I play on android (does everyone here? idk) and that task was labeled "units of cotton" but the image was bolts of fabric. I had to test it out with a table cloth before I figured out it was bolts of fabric and not units of cotton like it said. I only made one so no biggie, but it would have been best to label it correctly.

    .
    Good point. On iOS as well, Cotton is the name for the crop. The term they wanted here was cotton fabric.


  7. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,181
    Yes I noticed that straight away, there are a few incorrectly named but that's the only one I can see that points to something different entirely to what they want. F.e it asks you to " melt ingots " rather than smelt.

  8. #318
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    9
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but what happens to all our inventory in the barn, that is in excess of our real current barn capacity, after the experiment is over? Mine is full with the temporary upgrade.

  9. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I play on android (does everyone here? idk) and that task was labeled "units of cotton" but the image was bolts of fabric. I had to test it out with a table cloth before I figured out it was bolts of fabric and not units of cotton like it said. I only made one so no biggie, but it would have been best to label it correctly.

    On a plus, I did that task when we still had the cooking event. so I put out 10 chefs hats to complete the task, and when the event ended I got coins for the hats and tablecloth (better pay than my heli orders).

    I totally agree with you...Playrix boo-booed big time on the wording! (had to go and relook at those )

    sketch-1575140906238.jpg

    While the word may be different for each language...the content of what the item actually is should not have been left out. Good thing those chef hats were needed...you knocked out two birds with one stone.


    (on android as well)

  10. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa2019 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but what happens to all our inventory in the barn, that is in excess of our real current barn capacity, after the experiment is over? Mine is full with the temporary upgrade.
    The excess will stay in your barn, however, you will not be able to add anything additional from your fields, factories or trains. My advice...help others while you can and sell off anything you really don't need.
    (what I have been doing! )

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •