Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Professor vernes experiment! New event!!!

Does anybody know what the turbo saucer will do? Is it just another skin or does it speed up heli orders?
    Most prob nobody knows yet.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 136
    Platform: iOS

I came across a solo coop that was asking (through co-op description) for players to join to request goods....unfortunately, they needed level 130 so i couldn’t join with my baby town. Keep that in mind if you need helpers.
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

I am also really enjoying this event. I hope that Playrix will repeat this again. In fact I wouldn't object if it is ongoing, like regatta is.

We are into the second week so it's clear that any unfinished tasks from the previous week stick around. I doubt the same is true for the daily tasks. Haven't been brave enough to not complete my dailies just to see if it's so.

I also have a barn expansion and I should be able to finish it before the event ends. On the other hand I got a task to fulfill coop requests this week. Since I am a solo coop I don't see being able to complete it ... Unless ... I invite someone(s) to my coop just to be able to complete it. Not sure if it is worth it. As long as I can complete enough tasks to get to the end I'm ok with it.

Another weekly task I got this week was to use 7 lab boosters. As a solo I'm using some of the lab boosters I've won but can't use, like the large request booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Port Hope View Post
    ...Another weekly task I got this week was to use 7 lab boosters. As a solo I'm using some of the lab boosters I've won but can't use, like the large request booster.
    That's a great idea, Port Hope, thanks! Barb

Well, I had been enjoying this event until the tasks this week. There have been a few difficult tasks in the prior week that I could not complete.

But this week, I have the following tasks to complete:

* 150 ore to mine for 25 energy (That is too many mining materials to use. Even for 100 energy, I don’t have that many mining tools to spare.) this is a unreasonable task.

* Activate seven lab boosters at the laboratory for 100 energy. I do have a couple of useless boosters saved up; however, I am not spending my precious gems on boosters in order to get the 100 energy.

* Play at the House of Luck 35 times for 25 energy so I am supposed to use 175 clovers just to win 25 energy? This is excessive. On top of this, there are many daily tasks that require three House of Lucks, so that’s 15 clovers just for a daily task.

* Send your co-op members goods they requested: Obviously, as others have mentioned, this is not a viable task for solo co-ops. One can try to work around it by inviting players as has been suggested, but I don’t think they should have made this a task. This is cumbersome and burdensome for a single co-op to figure out. They are literally asking for 50 goods. Another unreasonable task, in my opinion.

The pattern I see here is they get people to purchase the Gold Pass early. Then once players have purchased the Gold Pass, players are committed to getting to the max 1300 energy so that they will get the turbo saucer. At that point, the tasks become harder the further into the month we get. So a player could end up purchasing mining materials etc. just to complete tasks in order to reach the 1300 maximum energy. I did not purchase the Gold Pass, because I wanted to see if this exact thing would happen, and it did. I was hoping this event would be different, but this is more greed by Playrix.

My intention had been to see if I could make it to the 1300 energy, and at that point possibly consider purchasing the Gold Pass. But at this rate, I don’t see how I can reach the 1300 energy without spending a lot in mining materials, boosters, and other resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Port Hope View Post
    Another weekly task I got this week was to use 7 lab boosters. As a solo I'm using some of the lab boosters I've won but can't use, like the large request booster.
    Great idea! And if you can’t use it, you can immediately delete it and use another booster and finish the task that much quicker!
    Town: Hilltop Valley
    Co-op: Alternative Turtles #XR536H
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    Well, I had been enjoying this event until the tasks this week. There have been a few difficult tasks in the prior week that I could not complete.

But this week, I have the following tasks to complete:

* 150 ore to mine for 25 energy (That is too many mining materials to use. Even for 100 energy, I don’t have that many mining tools to spare.) this is a unreasonable task.

* Activate seven lab boosters at the laboratory for 100 energy. I do have a couple of useless boosters saved up; however, I am not spending my precious gems on boosters in order to get the 100 energy.

* Play at the House of Luck 35 times for 25 energy so I am supposed to use 175 clovers just to win 25 energy? This is excessive. On top of this, there are many daily tasks that require three House of Lucks, so that’s 15 clovers just for a daily task.

* Send your co-op members goods they requested: Obviously, as others have mentioned, this is not a viable task for solo co-ops. One can try to work around it by inviting players as has been suggested, but I don’t think they should have made this a task. This is cumbersome and burdensome for a single co-op to figure out. They are literally asking for 50 goods. Another unreasonable task, in my opinion.

The pattern I see here is they get people to purchase the Gold Pass early. Then once players have purchased the Gold Pass, players are committed to getting to the max 1300 energy so that they will get the turbo saucer. At that point, the tasks become harder the further into the month we get. So a player could end up purchasing mining materials etc. just to complete tasks in order to reach the 1300 maximum energy. I did not purchase the Gold Pass, because I wanted to see if this exact thing would happen, and it did. I was hoping this event would be different, but this is more greed by Playrix.

My intention had been to see if I could make it to the 1300 energy, and at that point possibly consider purchasing the Gold Pass. But at this rate, I don’t see how I can reach the 1300 energy without spending a lot in mining materials, boosters, and other resources.
    Others have said the weekly tasks hang on even if unfinished at the end of the week. So I look at it this way. I do what I can in normal gameplay.

There is a mining event going on over the weekend. That will easily fulfill the mining task. I've just ignored my mine and will use all the tools collected then. The lab boosters shouldn't be an issue either if it hangs on. I use one every couple of days even outside this event. 2 weeks and it will be done even if I don't use another booster. HOL is the one that will be an issue for me. I don't have enough people available to help on a daily basis to even get 5 clovers. But, if a daily HOL task shows up, I'm guessing that it will count for both the daily task and the weekly task. Double duty. Right now I'm not even using my clovers, just letting them collect in case there is another daily HOL task.

Someone calculated it out and there should be no problem even reaching the 1300 points if some tasks are not doable. At this time, I'm just playing my normal game and am having no real issues with completing any tasks except the coop tasks since I don't have the coop built.

Just my humble opinion

I am so sorry for those of you not having a good experience, but in my opinion this is the best experiment this game has ever offered. Its just awsome to be able to achieve extra bonuses not normally offered unless you achieve in races or events. I sincerely hope this is not the last. Thank you playrix loving Proffessor Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    I am so sorry for those of you not having a good experience, but in my opinion this is the best experiment this game has ever offered. Its just awsome to be able to achieve extra bonuses not normally offered unless you achieve in races or events. I sincerely hope this is not the last. Thank you playrix loving Proffessor Vern.
    You are absolutely right. It is great!
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 136
    Platform: iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    I agree with you totally. We are getting so many extras. I too hope they will keep this going, or st least repeat it as they do with events.

Unfortunately there will always be those that are not happy..
    All we have to do is play our game as we always do. Yes there will be some tasks we cannot easily complete, or complete at all without spending TCash, but this is the nature of the game.
    The daily tasks which change out everyday are enough to get you the prizes over the month, if you complete them.
    I just do as I've always done with gameplay. I check the dailies and that's it...then go in if I am notified I have something to collect.
    I too see it as extra bonuses we wouldn't normally have...and completing any task helps to build my XP thereby helping me to level up
    and get a few coins too...fir me this is a pure win win all round.