Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Mafia Guy

Annoying Mafia Guy

Hello all,

I have been playing for a little over three weeks now and I'm on level 44. I found this site a couple of weeks ago and have picked up so many useful tips. Thank you all for sharing.

I haven't managed to figure out, though, why the mafia guy keeps trying to buy my ingots. (Some sort of money laundering scheme???) I am worried I might accidentally press the wrong button and sell him some when I need them all for upgrading trains and factories etc.

Other than that I think I'm getting the hang of everything. There never seems to be enough factory capacity or mining equipment but that's life!!! I've managed to hire Rajah for 5 days this time so concentrating on building up the cash for when that needs renewing.

Having fun here but it's so addictive!

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    ...I haven't managed to figure out, though, why the mafia guy keeps trying to buy my ingots. (Some sort of money laundering scheme???) I am worried I might accidentally press the wrong button and sell him some when I need them all for upgrading trains and factories etc. ...
    Welcome, Paula. That character's name is Don Picone and, at level 53 and above, he asks for jewelry too.

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Customers#Customer_7

Barb

I think most of us probably dump his helicopter requests more often than not. Even once he starts asking for jewelry, he often asks for ingots as well.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I look forward to his visits. Only dump orders that ask for more than one ingot and buy the jewellery fax items from Raja. He gives me TC more often than the video guy

I don't really sell ingots to the mafia guy. I get plenty of orders from him just for jewellery though. I use a mix of jewellery I make and what I win in the HOL.

Thanks for the interesting link, Barb. I'm wondering where the names come from though, because I haven't really seen them throughout the game. I was thinking it would be much better if they had their names there in the helicopter queue because it would be easier to remember the orders whilst on another screen.

Even one ingot for a buck doesn't sound like a good deal to me, since the ingots are so useful elsewhere. I guess if I suddenly find myself with too many I could change my mind!

...I'm wondering where the names come from though, because I haven't really seen them throughout the game. ...
    Paula, I think it's a combination of sources. Some from Event announcements - 'Help XXXX do such and such'; Playrix update annoucements "Meet our new townsperson — an office worker Richard" from Anna here on the Forum*; and possibly announcements made on Facebook (I don't do FB). I'm sure there are others, these are just a few that jump to mind. Barb

* https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...S-Android-Mac)

Paula, I used to have the same thoughts. That Mafia Guy is useless. But later on I've learned that he is really useful when you want to level up your XP fast or you want to get more tcash.
    Level: 76

Even one ingot for a buck doesn't sound like a good deal to me, since the ingots are so useful elsewhere. I guess if I suddenly find myself with too many I could change my mind!
    lol - I doubt that will happen. - I do similarly as Downton, just that I use the Dealer once in a while to stock up on (3 of each) jewelry.
    That is f.e. when I have the foundries working with enough ore from a mining task, and/or everything working in factories or stocked up already (and rather need a heli task to empty barn, lol).
    Otherwise his requests get dumped.
    I also dump every request with ingots involved, and every request that doesn't give at least 1 tcash per jewel (there are combinations of 2 jewels for 1 tc => dump).
    There's one rare occasion where he gives 2 tc for 1 jewel

ETA: I assume the "best tips for new players" were among the things you read here already?
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-02-2019 at 09:40 AM.

second this. Rule 1: dump all orders that require ingots. Rule 2: evaluate each jewellery-only order, because same as for other heli orders - some of them are good, some of them are bad.
    Level: 76