Thread: head hunting for new members

head hunting for new members

Is it ethical to visit a co-op and ask if anybody wants to join a different co-op?

I'm in a three person co-op and we're looking for new members. Advertising doesn't seem to work. Most players around level sixty seem happy to stay where they are.

I've been visiting other co-ops inbetween races to try to recruit new members and have been limiting my visits to small co-ops who might be interested in merging with ours. Would it be against some unwritten rule to visit larger co-ops to see if anybody is unhappy where they are and might be convinced to try something smaller?

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but I've been in the situation myself where I was unhappy with how the co-op was being run and would have been happy to have somebody drop in to recruit me for a more suitable co-op.

I'm not very experienced, but I'd be upset if someone visited my co-op with the express purpose of poaching all my members. I don't think it's actually against the rules though.

I'm also trying to recruit new members to my co-op, but I'm doing invitations via the friends list. I look for people in my "recent helpers" who are in co-ops where they are maybe the only ones helping, or maybe one of only a few players. Then I put them on my friends list, and once they accept, send an invitation to my co-op. I think only elder & above can send invitations though.

Edit - I just saw your other post about the time limit to join co-ops. The fact that the time limit exists seems to imply that the co-op hopping you describe is discouraged. Not sure though.
    Last edited by Villette; 10-30-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Is it ethical to visit a co-op and ask if anybody wants to join a different co-op?

I'm in a three person co-op and we're looking for new members. Advertising doesn't seem to work. Most players around level sixty seem happy to stay where they are.

I've been visiting other co-ops inbetween races to try to recruit new members and have been limiting my visits to small co-ops who might be interested in merging with ours. Would it be against some unwritten rule to visit larger co-ops to see if anybody is unhappy where they are and might be convinced to try something smaller?

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but I've been in the situation myself where I was unhappy with how the co-op was being run and would have been happy to have somebody drop in to recruit me for a more suitable co-op.
    I would like to check out your co-op. The one I am in the leaders tell you what tasks you can do and get upset if you don't play the game the way they want. Always having to ask to do tasks. Very aggressive and have favorite members then treat others unfairly. Thought it was co-op not IM THE BOSS