Thread: Absolute must-have items?

Question Absolute must-have items?

I’m not a new player but definitely inexperienced. When I started, I bought a ton of boxes in the shop and now hardly use my factories. So I never actually get coins because I spend more than I can save.

So what are the essentials items I should always have at least a couple on hand? Any tips on how to start saving them up, or should I just start over completely?

Quote Originally Posted by bearedee View Post
    I’m not a new player but definitely inexperienced. When I started, I bought a ton of boxes in the shop and now hardly use my factories. So I never actually get coins because I spend more than I can save.

So what are the essentials items I should always have at least a couple on hand? Any tips on how to start saving them up, or should I just start over completely?
    Are you saying that you have so many boxes in the market that you don't need to produce things in your factories? If you are - wow - I'm so jealous!

I don't know what level you are, or how many community buildings or factories you still have to build, or, most important, how many barn spaces you have. But personally I always try to keep a good stock of products that are used a lot to make other goods - so bread, cream, cheese, butter, sugar, sugar syrup, caramel, cotton, wool, silk, paper, and everything from the rubber factory. Then other items like chocolate, soap, jelly beans which seem to be used quite a bit in higher level factories.

I also try to keep at least one of every item in the barn, and one of each on the factory shelves. At the moment I actually try to keep 3-4 of each in the barn, but I'm not saving building materials just now, and I know there are other people on the forum who keep far more than me.

I buy stuff from the market, but only if I have fewer than four of them (or whatever my target number is at the time). To earn coins I do a lot of helicopter tasks in the regatta (or this season - if you're on iOS/kindle/Android - the coin tasks) and use the double heli booster.

I've bought just about everything available in the market this week, but I've made over 500,000 coins through the tasks, and I have about 300 spaces in my barn. Now I'll just start building up my stock again, starting with the essentials - bread, cheese, cotton etc - then items that I have 0 of, and by next week hopefully I'll be back to "normal"

I think everyone plays differently, some people have lots of time on the game, and others not so much, so you just have to find a style which suits you. But anyway, good luck, and I'd be interested to know how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ...I don't know what level you are, or how many community buildings or factories you still have to build, or, most important, how many barn spaces you have. But personally I always try to keep a good stock of products that are used a lot to make other goods - so bread, cream, cheese, butter, sugar, sugar syrup, caramel, cotton, wool, silk, paper, and everything from the rubber factory. Then other items like chocolate, soap, jelly beans which seem to be used quite a bit in higher level factories.

I think everyone plays differently, some people have lots of time on the game, and others not so much, so you just have to find a style which suits you. But anyway, good luck, and I'd be interested to know how you get on
    JJay offers some very strong tips here. I also like the suggestion to use factory shelves for storage. When you are stock-piling building materials every little bit helps. Barb

I try to keep at least two of just about everything in the barn plus one on the factory shelf. (I know there is a strategy of keeping several of one item on the shelves for possible factory tasks in regatta, but the week I stock Tyrolean hats is inevitably the week that task doesn't show up and my copters keep asking for green dresses and trains and planes both want cotton shirts.) I prefer knowing I actually have one of something even when the barn shows zero.

The advice to keep extra inventory of items used as ingredients for other things is good. Bread, Cream, cheese, sugar cubes, syrup bottles are used constantly in multiple factories. Except when I have surplusses, I tend to follow a use one-make one approach and it's useful to be able to start the replacement unit as soon as I've used the previous one.

As the game progresses, community buildings, factories and housing all get more expensive. I think it's a good plan to start using your factories more and get out if the habit of spending all your coins with Raja.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-26-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Yep, I have a TON. I’ll have to count them but probably close to 70, possibly higher.

I have I think 700ish spots in my barn so I’m going to work on getting 4 of each item! The hardest part will be when I get planes and have to use them there. But I can pause helicopter and the zoo while stockpiling things.

These are great tips, thank you!

It seems like every time I stockpile something for another task in my regatta, someone ignores my reserve and uses it or tosses it. My regatta is... well let’s just say I’m trying to find a new one lol

I*also have a lot of market boxes that I buy from each time it refreshes, but I still keep 4 factories that I keep running at all times -- dairy, sugar, fabric, & rubber. I try to keep a minimum of 5-6 of each good in those factories, except peach yogurt (dairy) & honey caramel (sugar). All the other items in these factories are often the base ingredients into all other factory goods.

I also use my market boxes to help my co-op members.

Quote Originally Posted by bearedee View Post
    It seems like every time I stockpile something for another task in my regatta, someone ignores my reserve and uses it or tosses it. My regatta is... well let’s just say I’m trying to find a new one lol
    I totally understand the frustration of task reserve issues. I'm having to kick out a member this week for repeated task reserve issues despite multiple warnings & weekly reminders of our team's rules. You're welcome to join mine if you wish; check us out (#H7WCX7). Will have spots opening at the end of this current race, but we usually fill up fast. I wish you the best.

I keep my barn almost full, if needed I will sell items to make room..though it's rare for me.
    There is always 1 of each item on the shelves in my factories where there are enough shelves, if not I keep the easiest and more common items there. As soon as I use something I replace it in the factory. I never fill my factories with just one item, unless it's a quick one for a task.

When a plane goes I buy from Raj what I will need to fill the next one if I haven't got the stock. And will ask for help everytime so others can get clovers. I also check the rewards for sending the plane is worth it, if not I send it empty and work on the next one. I also always send the plane out within the first hour so as to maximise the rewards. That means I have 6hrs total to get the 3 items needed.

Trains are different because I don't know what they will ask for, but again I will ask for help, and again use Raj if not needed for the plane.
    Helis are sent only if they are giving me 1,000 XP or coins. Otherwise I delete them.

I don't buy ore from Raj...I mine it. Doing mining tasks helps with this. Ingots I check what's needed for the next upgrade and smelt accordingly.

Not everything is absolutely needed to play a good game. I only have 2 of the Islands with no plans to buy the other 2. Rarely I do get asked for items from the other 2, but because it isn't often I find if I buy from the market I always have enough.
    I haven't built the last 6 factories, because I just think it's more work and not a necessity. Again I buy from market etc.
    Maybe I'm lucky but I always seem to have enough to fill the helis and Planes. Or I manage with help.

So far this has worked for me, though it may not work for everyone.
    As JJay says each player develops their own strategy and this will change as you level up.