Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Nice to see your popcorn is ready, ladies! Just a short one to start with...
    click for short vid
    Last year we were talking about getting a cave in the Wintervillage so here it is!
    In Valkenburg there is a Christmas Fair inside a cave.
    That was the inspiration for the one over here. Soon open for visitors ...

Always nice to know that there are already reservations, you are on the list, Twilight.
    A few more test drives to go before things go well.
    Looking for the right tension on the wire and working on a better foundation for the masts.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    ...(plops down next to _DD_) Pass the popcorn please!
    okies, here you go:

get something to drink, too; it might take a while here (he's still pondering over .... well, somethin<g> )

When watching the little cave-video above, I'm more like this atm, lol:

awesome!
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-22-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Okay you two, make room on your couch please. I've brought popcorn and a drink

Agree DD that little video of the cave is awesome

ah, very good, Downton, was waiting for you! we can expand the Publikum* area still further anytime:
    (* multikulti today, as the English translation "audience" only refers to "listening"?!)

<pondering> maybe we should ask (a certain) someone to rebuild the Snack Factory next, close to us here?

Last edited by _DD_; 11-22-2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: TS pictures from TS Wiki :)

So you all are in the mood to watch the moving track
    This is still the test fase
    The thinking process is still on going but practicing is important too.

Shaking and falling masts do not contribute to a smoothly operating cable car.
    That is why I went to the local home store to have some plate material cut to size.
    After two plates are screwed together, I use my multi-tool to give the whole a more rocky appearance.
    Gray paint also helps with that. As soon as the paint is dry, the masts can be mounted and the track will be better supported.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-24-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Repair movie link, thnx DD
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ah, very good, Downton, was waiting for you! we can expand the Publikum* area still further anytime:
    (* multikulti today, as the English translation "audience" only refers to "listening"?!)
    Perfect DD Audience in English refers to spectators as well as listeners

<pondering> maybe we should ask (a certain) someone to rebuild the Snack Factory next, close to us here?
    And Ruud seems to have answered your request (an excellent suggestion BTW )

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post

So you all are in the mood to watch [URL=https://drive.google.com/file/d/17M6SVbWDcgpckJdGC0S6z_rd7XSWvTFg/view?usp=drivesdk]moving pics[/URL]
    This is still the test fase
    We most certainly are. Ooh exciting, I feel like I joined just in time

The thinking process is still on going but practicing is important too.

Shaking and falling masts do not contribute to a smoothly operating cable car.
    That is why I went to the local home store to have some plate material cut to size.
    After two plates are screwed together, I use my multi-tool to give the whole a more rocky appearance.
    Gray paint also helps with that. As soon as the paint is dry, the masts can be mounted and the track will be better supported.
    So much dedication to detail Ruud, can't wait to see the next installment

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Perfect DD Audience in English refers to spectators as well as listeners
    yes, I know that it's the correct translation; was just referring to its Latin origin, as I noticed it here, where we are *watching* a superfluous thought and remark, so to speak. Just chatting a bit. But "spectator area" would have been good, thx!

yes, indeed! it's perfect! Thanks, Ruud!

And, Ruud, I agree with Downton also re the admiration for your dedication to detail! both with the thing itself and our supply here, with videos (!), pics and descriptions. I am curious ...
    • whether the different colours of the seats will turn out to mean something (like men and women separation? lol),
    • whether and if so, how you get little ppl in there,
    • whether the music is related to what you show us or is just your normal background music and energy supplier? (I don't know/understand the song text, but it sounds nice -- give us a hint, where to find it, pls, if it is related )

In any case: now already (and is worth repeating):

Last edited by _DD_; 11-22-2019 at 06:34 PM. Reason: and would you pls repair your first video link above, pls, so everyone can easily go there :) TIA!

We most certainly are. Ooh exciting, I feel like I joined just in time
    So much dedication to detail Ruud, can't wait to see the next installment
    Thank you Downton and welcome in the Publikum.

yes, indeed! it's perfect! Thanks, Ruud!
    And, Ruud, I agree with Downton also re the admiration for your dedication to detail! both with the thing itself and our supply here, with videos (!), pics and descriptions. I am curious ...
    • whether the different colours of the seats will turn out to mean something (like men and women separation? lol),
    • whether and if so, how you get little ppl in there,
    • whether the music is related to what you show us or is just your normal background music and energy supplier? (I don't know/understand the song text, but it sounds nice -- give us a hint, where to find it, pls, if it is related )

In any case: now already (and is worth repeating):

Thanks again DD!
    And if we run out of popcorn or anyone of you likes some variety in the refreshments I know there is a Pretzel Stall coming up!

About answering your questions(always nice to interact ):
    - Whether the different colours of the seats will turn out to mean something (like men and women separation? lol)

In the Cable car set I first ordered (on the left photo) but that was not available contained three orange Gondolas and one black V. I. P. Cabin.
    With that set in mind I bought an extra Mast and one orange and two blue gondolas. Not because any separation (what an idea *g*) but because of I liked the combination of colors.
    The Cable car set I received in the end (on the right photo) contains 3 black gondolas and one V. I. P. Cabin.
    This combination of colors with the gondolas I already bought is still nice so there are six gondolas in use at the moment.

I tried the V. I. P. Cabin on the track but it gave some big issues.
    The cabin is way more heavy then the gondolas so it drags over the snow on the mountain and lets the cable run off the wheel. I found a nice place for it, let's see if Ernie can do something with it. The tool in his hand is needed to loop the cable together.
    - Whether and if so, how you get little ppl in there
    The cable car runs slowly enough to get on and off. And I also bought dolls and skis from the same brand as the cable car so that will be fine.
    - Whether the music is related to what you show us or is just your normal background music and energy supplier? (I don't know/understand the song text, but it sounds nice -- give us a hint, where to find it, pls, if it is related )
    The music on the vids came from my radio. Not that much related to the scene but great for my energy level. It is from Rene Froger: 'Alles kan een mens gelukkig maken' (everything can make a man(or woman) happy)

Thanks again DD!
    And if we run out of popcorn or anyone of you likes some variety in the refreshments I know there is a Pretzel Stall coming up!
    oh nice! I am sure we will have more desires or ideas on refreshments... <g>

- Whether the different colours of the seats will turn out to mean something (like men and women separation? lol)
    ...contained three orange Gondolas and one black V. I. P. Cabin. ...
    With that set in mind I bought an extra Mast and one orange and two blue gondolas. Not because any separation (what an idea *g*) but because of I liked the combination of colors.
    The Cable car set I received in the end (on the right photo) contains 3 black gondolas and one V. I. P. Cabin.
    That sounds colo(u)rful and funny (bolding and coloring just for counting them)
    Although I'm fainting (again) about the idea of having VIP-cabins... *here*, in a ski lift?! what ideas!

and it's cute how you let Ernie work... erm, help!

- Whether and if so, how you get little ppl in there
    The cable car runs slowly enough to get on and off. And I also bought dolls and skis from the same brand as the cable car so that will be fine.
    YAY!

- Whether the music is related to what you show us or is just your normal background music and energy supplier? (I don't know/understand the song text, but it sounds nice -- give us a hint, where to find it, pls, if it is related )
    The music on the vids came from my radio. Not that much related to the scene but great for my energy level. It is from Rene Froger: 'Alles kan een mens gelukkig maken' (everything can make a man (or woman) happy)
    everything? lol, interesting idea, and sounds good! Thanks for this, Ruud, and all your answers (and still, work!)

okies, here you go: ...
    get something to drink, too; it might take a while here (he's still pondering over .... well, somethin<g> )
    ... ...
    Okie dokie here we go...

Wasn't sure what we wanted so I brought a variety!

Okay you two, make room on your couch please. I've brought popcorn and a drink ...
    Excellent! The more the merrier...would you care for a pop, bottled water...or I can run & get cocoa...

ah, very good, Downton, was waiting for you! we can expand the Publikum* area still further anytime: ...

<pondering> maybe we should ask (a certain) someone to rebuild the Snack Factory next, close to us here? ...
    Brilliant! More snacks...yum!

Nice to see your popcorn is ready, ladies! Just a short one to start with...
    Last year we were talking about getting a cave in the Wintervillage so here it is!
    In Valkenburg there is a Christmas Fair inside a cave.
    That was the inspiration for the one over here. Soon open for visitors ...
    Always nice to know that there are already reservations, you are on the list, Twilight.
    A few more test drives to go before things go well.
    Looking for the right tension on the wire and working on a better foundation for the masts.
    Oh yes! Would you like some popcorn too or perhaps a lovely cinnamon pretzel? A snack to help with all the hours you are putting in.

Goody! Can't wait to ride...let's hope for lovely weather to see the sites.

Sadly...I haven't been able to watch the video.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 11-23-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton