Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post

And this is the result (for now)
    My little Supervisor is fond with the result and so am I
    Next step in the project is to select eliminated houses to place in caves or so on the front of the mountain.
    BIG HINT.
    Buy Anne chocolates/flowers/spa treatment before you end up living in the cave

Styrofoam bits are like Christmas Tree needles - turn up in unexpected places for months afterwards

Hint #2
    Some fishing line, magnets and counterweights could have moving skiers coming downhill as the cable cars go up ( funicular)
    Last edited by JayS; 10-26-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Hi Jay,

Hint 1 will definitely be arranged although rending as a cave man is not really my ultimate goal

I know when Styrofoam is cut by normal knifes and so the mess could be huge. But for many years I own foam cutting machine based on hot wire.
    Last year Anne bought me last year a hand held hot wire tool to work with too.
    So troubles wil be low on this topic.

Hint 2 is certainly nice to know but not in the planning of this year.

But thank you for being in my Think tank. Thumbs up!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ... And Johnalex, apologizes for the terms but it means imaginary intersection of an isosceles triangle.
    Glad you said that. Makes it SO much clearer. <trying hard for a serious look>
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-26-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: seriously indeed: I am totally in awe about the work you put in there!

I've put the illuminated houses in the tray and the whole turned over to the window.
    The lights will switch on automatically during the evening.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 10-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

The mountain landscape at the front of the ski slope is now reasonably developed.
    Some more work to do on the cave and the platform under the houses and especially a lot of work on designing for the mountains on the right.

The challenge is mainly in the place where the mast for the cable car will be placed.
    That depends on whether two or three masts are needed to support the seven gondolas.

And the cable car ...? Unfortunately, it is still on order. Hope to hear more about it these days.

I don't have a good imagination ability for such (developing) things, so (1) thx for the pics, Ruud
    and (2) it's maybe the explanation for this question: why can't I see the things (houses etc) from post 14 in post 15? I thought you said you put them all up already in the right place and leave them there -? (isn't that the same window?)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I don't have a good imagination ability for such (developing) things, so (1) thx for the pics, Ruud
    and (2) it's maybe the explanation for this question: why can't I see the things (houses etc) from post 14 in post 15? I thought you said you put them all up already in the right place and leave them there -? (isn't that the same window?)

No worries about that imagination
    On the left photo is the white background to the window, on the right the tray is turned to it's final destination.
    The scene with the houses is intended for passers-by. Our elephants can also be seen from the outside so in order not to disappoint our 'public' and show them only the rear of the mountains (Read: a lot of polystyrene), I made up this alternative.

Coming along nicely Ruud. And very considerate of you for passers by to have a lovely view .

oh I see! thx Ruud I so liked the blue wall with the houses, I would want to see it inside, too
    and passers-by will only see the cable car when pressing their nose against your window? hm... that might become dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Coming along nicely Ruud. And very considerate of you for passers by to have a lovely view .
    Thank you for your supporting words!
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh I see! thx Ruud I so liked the blue wall with the houses, I would want to see it inside, too
    and passers-by will only see the cable car when pressing their nose against your window? hm... that might become dangerous.
    Glad to hear that you like it! There always next year...

Ooffff, noose prints on my windows .. LOL