Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    not sure I follow what went wrong there (poors?), but anyway, can't it be repaired?
    Although the replacement Ballroom Garden looks nice! (do they exist on fun fairs where you are? or is it more like a restaurant in the open?)
    Is it a deco to "stand alone" (IOW, do you show us its box still there) or a picture?
    The (Aha not poors, must be arms) of that attraction cause the Reindeer seats to move up and down while spinning to give the effect of 'floating'.
    The defect occurred within three weeks so we got our money back easily.

But during the visit to the garden center we saw several fairground attractions that already had defects in a short time.
    Moreover, there is a ferris wheel on our windowsill that no longer rotates.
    Despite their high price, the devices are produced in such a way that repair is almost impossible.
    So there is a risk that new funfair attractions would soon break with us.

The Ferris wheel and one of our carousels will be replaced next year.
    The choice for the Ballroom, although it may not be a fairground attraction, is because Anne loves to dance but that is no longer so easy for her due to physical complaints. The Ballroom gives her a nice feeling and that is the most important reason to buy it.

The fair is part of a large park and with the addition of the Ballroom and several other scenes, the idea becomes clearer.
    I made you a movie after it was installed.
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...The Ballroom gives her a nice feeling and that is the most important reason to buy it.
    yay, wonderful! *beam*

The fair is part of a large park and with the addition of the Ballroom and several other scenes, the idea becomes clearer.
    I made you a movie after it was installed.
    Thanks for the explanations, Ruud as astonishing as I find the easily broken decos (aww, so wanted to see the reindeers!), so astonishing (just the other way round, i.e. positively) is the ballroom! wow, didn't know such stuff exists! and seeing it when moving... grand! Many thanks for the video, too, sooo cute!

say, do you still have room in your living room for the 2 humans who live there?
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-03-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Poor in German = arm.
    Goofle translate went east instead of West . Wondering what it would come up with for Ruud's poor arms are tired from carrying all the shopping bags.

Echoing DD's thanks- loving the pictures and videos.

As to being drunk on balconies, (a serious problem in some Spanish resorts), no need to worry, just know that in French, cave means cellar, often wine cellar .... hide your corkscrews

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    As to being drunk on balconies, (a serious problem in some Spanish resorts),
    yanno, sometimes you have a really stran<g>e knowledge...

just know that in French, cave means cellar, often wine cellar .... hide your corkscrews

Ready for another video? Simply click on the Swing picture

And I was wondering if you can have a better look at the Reindeers on this bigger picture:
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to

Thanks again, Ruud! how is the "noise" added - in reality (would drive me crazy, lol) or for/to the video only?

And sorry re the Reindeers - the pic is great, but (now all the more, lol!) I wanted to see them in motion, too. And when it would have worked "in all directions", as you described it. IOW, wanted a video of them before they were kaputt

Speaking of videos: I'm still worried about YOUR room in this room, lol - and can we get a video that goes throught the room and shows us the whole scene and then zooms in on several details, to show (for recognition/Wiedererkennung) what is where... total view, panorama. Phew, I don't have the vocab for THAT either!

I still have to work on that and there are a few options.
    Am making a pre-booking. Room with walk-in shower and balcony please.
    Oh brilliant a ski lodge! I found some RL ones and there are a few that would fit well with what has been discussed.

Overview showing mainly exteriors. Couldn't find that one you have pictured Ruud.

Over view search showing mainly interiors.

This one has a few in France JayS and with balconies!

As a replacement, we bought this Ballroom Garden with Chandelier and dance couples yesterday.
    ... I made you a movie after it was installed.
    Beautiful...I think we could have our Greenhouse accommodate such a grand party!

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 10.12.12 AM.jpg

Ready for another video? Simply click on the Swing picture And I was wondering if you can have a better look at the Reindeers on this bigger picture:
    I love reindeer! (runs like a little kid to get in line for the ride...)

Thank-you for the videos! So much fun watching the process. (looks at the gang ...) We are out of popcorn...shall we order a pizza?
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 12-04-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: thx _DD_ :)
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Thanks for the links, Twilight! nice to look at maybe a tad too much choice for my taste, lol

btw, the attachment below your Greenhouse-remark doesn't show.
    And I'm afraid, the reindeer pic is from the time before Ruud gave it back (see posts 109 and 111 above)...

Out of popcorn?! how could that happen?! ok, something else to eat would be nice But maybe something that doesn't make us even heavier now, so we can still climb on all these ride things later...? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Oh brilliant a ski lodge! I found some RL ones and there are a few that would fit well with what has been discussed.

Overview showing mainly exteriors. Couldn't find that one you have pictured Ruud.

Over view search showing mainly interiors.

This one has a few in France JayS and with balconies!

Beautiful...I think we could have our Greenhouse accommodate such a grand party!

Attachment 51287I love reindeer! (runs like a little kid to get in line for the ride...)

Thank-you for the videos! So much fun watching the process. (looks at the gang ...) We are out of popcorn...shall we order a pizza?
    Thank you Twilight for the links. Some facades even seem to have a face. Very inspiring!
    I wouldl like to created a Lodge in the shape of a dollhouse after watching all those species!
    But since Anne is happy that the living room is no longer a construction site, I will limit it to the intended facade.

The 'Lodge' on my photo was just a printed picture (from internet) of a Scale model to place in a Christmas village.
    And at the moment there is no room for in on my windowsill. That is why I plan to create only a small facade.
    But next year the Village will be increased by using two of the four 'closets' below the windowsill so that gives more options.

Talking about the Greenhouse: I just created a Christmas Movieset in my town as preparation for 'the Final Movie'.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for the links, Twilight! nice to look at maybe a tad too much choice for my taste, lol

btw, the attachment below your Greenhouse-remark doesn't show.
    And I'm afraid, the reindeer pic is from the time before Ruud gave it back (see posts 109 and 111 above)...

Out of popcorn?! how could that happen?! ok, something else to eat would be nice But maybe something that doesn't make us even heavier now, so we can still climb on all these ride things later...? lol

I have syrup waffles (stroopwafels NL), pretzels and cotton candy on the fairground. Very low in calories

attrack1.jpg IMG_20191202_162652.jpg IMG_20191202_162642.jpg
    The fairground is larger than my windowsill. As a result, the skill games such as the shooting gallery, aqua blast, golf rush, grab machine and the High Jack... are not visible!
    I already mentioned Ernie as merchandise material but the Prize winners coming from that area seem to have found more Playrix toys
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-05-2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Completed text(thx DD)