Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...And this weekend I found out an additional disadvantage of the late delivery: I miscounted the situation with the Cable track.
    The gondolas of the cable car will encounter the central heating pipes as a disturbing obstacle!
    The best way to fix this issue is bringing the whole mountain landscape about 5 till 7 centimeters from the wall.
    That means no more room for the four houses and the skating rink and the mountain will rhave to be a little steeper.
    So that is where I have been working on. Redesigning is a familiar action too
    aww, you will have to take the houses down (outside)?
    well, I don't blame you for any error here - this kind of work is even more foreign to me than the little exhibitions at the Winter/Christmas shows
    I read your next msg and can say .... I understand - single - words.... *G*

I do hope others understand more and can give you proper feedback. I am just sitting here admiring ppl who can do something like that with their hands
    (and I hope this isn't as ambiguous as it can be interpreted...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    aww, you will have to take the houses down (outside)?
    well, I don't blame you for any error here - this kind of work is even more foreign to me than the little exhibitions at the Winter/Christmas shows
    I read your next msg and can say .... I understand - single - words.... *G*

I do hope others understand more and can give you proper feedback. I am just sitting here admiring ppl who can do something like that with their hands
    (and I hope this isn't as ambiguous as it can be interpreted...lol)
    Thanks anyway for your walk with me (including the small letters *g*)

I use an existing background model as an example for the structure on the mountains that will fill the five centimeters between cable car and wall to 'bridge' the heating pipes.

I mixed some acrylic paint to the right color gray to paint the rocks and then the first part can be put together.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Thanks anyway for your walk with me (including the small letters *g*)....
    <g>
    oh I'm still here and watching...

and nodding wisely and such...

Yesterday afternoon the long-awaited package was finally delivered. Curious about what's in it?

So I can finally continue to build the track and its environment.
    And as soon I took it out of its packageiI found out that little things must be adjusted.
    For example the measurement of the stations is different then I read before.
    Building a whole area while the most image-determining part is not yet there is not so easy.
    But it will be okay!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

... Building a whole area while the most image-determining part is not yet there is not so easy. ...
    Ruud!

I would already despair at the package...
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-20-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: German label, nice! :)

Ruud!

I would already despair at the package...
    Thank you DD

Fortunately my little helper is still there to limit my despair somewhat

In addition to gondolas, masts and a cable, the set consists of two stations.
    The valley station for the drive and the return station for (indeed) descending.
    Everything has been packed as efficiently as possible, but as a result of the assembly it appears that the covers on the rear of the station still protrude considerably.
    A small renovation later, they are assembled and the cable can be cut to size, made together and tensioned.

...A small renovation later, they are assembled and the cable can be cut to size, made together and tensioned.
    yes, sure, nothing easier than that! LOL

That little Ernie in between is so cute and fitting! where did you get him?

yes, sure, nothing easier than that! LOL

That little Ernie in between is so cute and fitting! where did you get him?
    Do you remember the video for TS's 6 years Anniversary? Little Ernie was in the package I received for recording it.
    The videos in which we as players / members of Forum and Facebook answered a number of questions, would actually be used for the 15th anniversary of Playrix.
    That event was recently, on November 5, and according to Anna the videos would also be used on Playrix's Facebook page.
    But no further application seen so far.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-20-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Photo added

Do you remember the video for TS's 6 years Anniversary? Little Ernie was in the package I received for recording it.
    sure I do; there were several in it I "know" (was wondering whether one woman was Marisa, so it would have been 3 ) - thx for the pic! Cute material and nice idea Now I am wondering why Playrix doesn't do more marketing for these things - maybe on their website... didn't check.

But don't let me hold you up! <returning to my couch and popcorn to keep watchin<g> >

Ruud everything is looking brilliant! When can we buy tickets to ride?

The videos in which we as players / members of Forum and Facebook answered a number of questions, would actually be used for the 15th anniversary of Playrix.
    That event was recently, on November 5, and according to Anna the videos would also be used on Playrix's Facebook page.
    But no further application seen so far.
    This is so neat...I was wondering how Ernie snuck into your home.

sure I do; there were several in it I "know" (was wondering whether one woman was Marisa, so it would have been 3 ) - thx for the pic! Cute material and nice idea Now I am wondering why Playrix doesn't do more marketing for these things - maybe on their website... didn't check.

But don't let me hold you up! <returning to my couch and popcorn to keep watchin<g> >

(plops down next to _DD_) Pass the popcorn please!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton