Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Hope to hear more about my ordered cable car this week. An Austrian company designs them and therefore owns the brand.
    But production is done in China and from there a freight is delivered via Austria to the wholesaler here in the Netherlands in January and September.
    The wholesaler has not yet received the freight from September and is now investigating whether my ordered cable-way type is included.
    If that is not the case, I will probably get my money back to buy a job elsewhere.
    But the shop is only available for communication from Wednesday to Saturday in the afternoon.
    So can take a while ....

In the meantime we go to a hotel in Arnhem for a few days.
    A visit to the biggest Christmas show in the Netherlands is planned! Anyone interested in me sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...In the meantime we go to a hotel in Arnhem for a few days.
    A visit to the biggest Christmas show in the Netherlands is planned! Anyone interested in me sharing?
    Sorry to hear about the delay in cable car delivery. And to your question: yes!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Sorry to hear about the delay in cable car delivery. And to your question: yes!

Glad to hear you are on board on this
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

During our vacation in September I took some pictures of the construction site.
    There is a large water basin surrounded by earthen walls from which the various waterfalls and streams are filled. A walkway has been built over most of the Christmas landscape so that everything can also be clearly seen from above. The local railroad club is already laying rails here and there to have their trains run on it later.
    Obviously it was a restricted area then so I hope you can recognize something of it in the photos and videos that follow from the Christmas show!

The amount of pictures and videos is quite large so perhaps it's better to start a new thread with that topic...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-07-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Thanks Ruud
    Is that a face in the 2nd pic, at the background towards the wall??

...The local railroad club is already laying rails here and there to have their trains run on it later.
    real trains, for ppl, or smaller or something toy-wise?

The amount of pictures and videos is quite large so perhaps it's better to start a new thread with that topic...
    fine, as it has nothing to do with your window sill, right? and ...well, "large" sounds a bit scarin<g>, just give us the best ones, pls

edit: as you say September - does that mean they are working for over 3 months on this? to have their market how long then?
    and what do the ppl who live around the area say about it? or is it separate?
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-08-2019 at 12:41 AM.

To keep this thread pure, I will continue to share experiences with Christmas shows in garden centers and similar stores in a new thread.Of course I also answer your questions there.

Last Saturday I called the cable car supplier.
    From the email exchange with the wholesaler it became clear that the model I ordered was not included in the last delivery.
    Just before I called him, I visited his website and I noticed that a 23% discount was offered on all cable cars.
    When I placed the order in September, the discount was 10% and two weeks later the normal sales price was shown again.

The supplier offered me an alternative but more expensive model.
    I alerted him to the current discount, to which he responded that I would still get money back.
    The new model is ordered from the wholesaler (it was the last copy) and I can expect it's delivery in the course of the coming week.

Patience is rewarded even though I keep my fingers crossed.

...The supplier offered me an alternative but more expensive model.
    I alerted him to the current discount, to which he responded that I would still get money back.
    The new model is ordered from the wholesaler (it was the last copy) and I can expect it's delivery in the course of the coming week.
    now such problems even with toy deliveries? pfft... but we're used in patience, they didn't know that!

Totally true DD
    And this weekend I found out an additional disadvantage of the late delivery: I miscounted the situation with the Cable track.
    The gondolas of the cable car will encounter the central heating pipes as a disturbing obstacle!
    The best way to fix this issue is bringing the whole mountain landscape about 5 till 7 centimeters from the wall.
    That means no more room for the four houses and the skating rink and the mountain will rhave to be a little steeper.
    So that is where I have been working on. Redesigning is a familiar action too
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-12-2019 at 11:25 AM.

The tools that I use when processing the polystyrene are this cutting machine and hand cutter.
    Both work on heating a thin wire by applying power to it. This temperature is adjustable.
    Thicker pieces need a higher temperature to be cut easily.
    Straight and slanted pieces can be made with the cutting machine and I use it to create the rocky edge on the base plates.
    The hand cutter is more suitable for irregular shapes and structures.
    I also use a soldering iron to add structure.