Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

yay, that does look fabulous, Ruud! and dangerous, indeed, lol!

Is now everything open? if so, did we see everything already that is moving (and covered *g*)?
    and is Anne content with this probably huge area in your living room, or also even rather excited? !

Squeee! I got my ticket right here!
    Let's go...

It is a marvel! Well done Ruud, well done! I love the guy jumping over that mound of snow.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    yay, that does look fabulous, Ruud! and dangerous, indeed, lol!

Is now everything open? if so, did we see everything already that is moving (and covered *g*)?
    and is Anne content with this probably huge area in your living room, or also even rather excited? !
    With detailed editing, I am now halfway through the windowsill. But most of the work has already been done.
    So the cable car, the ski slope, the cave and the front of the mountain is open / in use.
    The Funfair, the Skischhol and the Area in front of the bottom station of the cable car still need some attention.
    Anne is really content with the steps I've made till now.
    Although she will really be pleased if everything is ready and all my tools and other stuf can be stored out of our living room.
    The time to make room for the Christmas tree is arriving soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post

Squeee! I got my ticket right here!
    Let's go...
    It is a marvel! Well done Ruud, well done! I love the guy jumping over that mound of snow.
    Really great to hear you enjoy the ride!
    More picture will follow and then the final video when everything is open!
    It is wiser to light a candle than to complain about the darkness - Lao Tse
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...The Funfair, the Skischhol and the Area in front of the bottom station of the cable car still need some attention.
    Anne is really content with the steps I've made till now.
    Although she will really be pleased if everything is ready and all my tools and other stuf can be stored out of our living room.
    ah I thought so! (hoped then we'll get more pictures!)
    and lol, I bet, re Anne's "hope"

but I'm sure it will be worth it. Looking forward to the next steps!

Like I said in the post before this half of the windowsill is now finished.
    The ski slope has its safety net, its skii race flags a snowy surface active skiers and snowboarders and enough vegetation.

The Pine trees I've used can be purchased per set with various sizes. Those trees have a white 'foot' that I have removed.
    This made it easier for me to plant them on the sloping surface.
    With the placement again taken into account the upcoming and departing gondolas.
    If they are too high, one of them could land on the lap of one of the puppets sitting in the gondola. *g*

There are a lot of Animals living on the front of the mountains.
    Today I bought this Elk (or Moose; what is the difference???) and more deers to populate that part of the mountain.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

It is soo amazing, Ruud, grand! Happy to hear it is only half of the show yet

love such details as the mountains in the background! thumbs-up
    and hey - want to see "the writing on the wall"! Ski-wot?
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-29-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: such, not auch

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    It is soo amazing, Ruud, grand! Happy to hear it is only half of the show yet

love auch details as the mountains in the background! thumbs-up
    and hey - want to see "the writing on the wall"! Ski-wot?
    Ski-wot will be Ski School
    And the mountains on the background, we do have them in our towns too.
    Can't remember if they get snowy in winter season too,but I guess we find that out with next update!

Ski-wot will be Ski School
    lol, ok

And the mountains on the background, we do have them in our towns too.
    Can't remember if they get snowy in winter season too,...
    yes, but that was simply a praise for your love to detail - it looks as if one could look outside there (didn't think of it as a comparison with the game, although you're right, of course).
    I think when they add snow, it will be everywhere again - I remember complaints about it being in wrong areas in some towns, like deserts (one S!)

What a coincidence!
    Ready for a new video? The music is a Dutch song from De Dijk, translated in English 'Dancing on the Vulcan'.
    Not very appropriate(toepasselijk) with the ski slope but again a nice song.
    click picture for video

The cable track is now open for public so for everyone who made a reservation enjoy your ride!
    Great work.
    I don't fancy the chances of the skier at the top of the hill making it to the bottom in one piece. Is there an ambulance or helicopter waiting at the bottom ?

There are a lot of Animals living on the front of the mountains.
    Today I bought this Elk (or Moose; what is the difference???) and more deers to populate that part of the mountain.
    Twilight won't try to eat Chocolate Elk, but chocolate mousse would have to hide.