Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Now that the cable car seems to have found its way (the cable stays in place all evening, the gondolas are hanging) it is time to look at the other places on the windowsill. First place will be the bottom area next to the ski slope.
    Next to that spot is a huge area to fill in.
    Anne really wants a funfair on the windowsill so in addition to the attractions we already had, we recently bought some new things.

I was only worried about whether it would fit under the cable car in terms of height.
    It would be more annoying if things would collide ...
    But everything is now in its place without conflict!
    The next step is to connect the electricity with less visibility.
    Then dress up the area before the visitors arrive.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-23-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    It is wiser to light a candle than to complain about the darkness - Lao Tse
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    ...Sadly...I haven't been able to watch the video.
    Why not, Twilight? and both or just the first (that Ruud didn't repair, although I asked him to (ok, in tiny font in the edit-line <g>) ) ?
    You just have to copy the URL-part, beginning with https, into your browser, but I notice, that doesn't work well in my Samsung Internet browser, but does in Chrome.
    let's see... try clicking here - ? (that would be the first video, if it works now for you - the 2nd was OK, right?)

BTW, great stuff, you brought, thx! finally something else than my milk
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-24-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...Anne really wants a funfair on the windowsill ...

ha! excellent idea! sooo cute!
    but what is that on the left pic, Ruud? is that "the electricity"? but is hidden already on the right one..?

Oh yes! Would you like some popcorn too or perhaps a lovely cinnamon pretzel? A snack to help with all the hours you are putting in.

Goody! Can't wait to ride...let's hope for lovely weather to see the sites.

Sadly...I haven't been able to watch the video.
    Hi Twilight
    I guess this part of your post was added later or at least it didn't caught my eyes earlier.
    Those cinnamon pretzels will do nicely!
    Weather forecast promises a very nice period to take ride
    Reparation is on it way!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-24-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

ha! excellent idea! sooo cute!
    but what is that on the left pic, Ruud? is that "the electricity"? but is hidden already on the right one..?
    The 'thing' on the left is a scate rink. And with hiding the electricity I mean hiding all cables under the surface what in practice means so much as 'creating an underground corridor system that connects the various attractions with a wall socket.
    In this case it wouldn't be Ernie taking a shuffle but me using a soldering iron to make grooves from below

Why not, Twilight? and both or just the first (that Ruud didn't repair, although I asked him to (ok, in tiny font in the edit-line <g>) ) ?
    You just have to copy the URL-part, beginning with https, into your browser, but I notice, that doesn't work well in my Samsung Internet browser, but does in Chrome.
    let's see... try clicking here - ? (that would be the first video, if it works now for you - the 2nd was OK, right?)

BTW, great stuff, you brought, thx! finally something else than my milk

Yaaaaay! The little cave is lovely and watching the lift in action made me think...Hurry Up! Ready for the final project!

Thank-you _DD_ for having me look at the links again. Kept giving me a popup for Chrome or my drive. I wanted to watch on Chrome only...it didn't like that...had to open my drive instead.

ewww...milk & popcorn...lol...

Hi Twilight
    I guess this part of your post was added later or at least it didn't caught my eyes earlier.
    Those cinnamon pretzels will do nicely!
    Weather forecast promises a very nice period to take ride
    Reparation is on it way!
    No worries...probably the first part...was going back & forth with all the posts.

Cooking up those pretzels now!

Outstanding! Awaiting pre-sale tickets!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 11-24-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

The 'thing' on the left is a scate rink. ...
    ok, if you say so. I see a little house, and can imagine what you mean, but aren't there cables all over the place??

thx for repairing the link

and Twilight, glad to see you could see it finally!
    I'm also sooo curious how it will look with ppl and when working, but no rush, pls! for one, it must aaall be done properly, and 2nd, I love seeing the steps of the process, not just bamm, and it is there

Yaaaaay! The little cave is lovely and watching the lift in action made me think...Hurry Up! Ready for the final project

No worries...probably the first part...was going back & forth with all the posts.

Cooking up those pretzels now!

Outstanding! Awaiting pre-sale tickets!
    Always nice to hear when things are fixed / available to enjoy again
    And your pretzels look jummy!

ok, if you say so. I see a little house, and can imagine what you mean, but aren't there cables all over the place??

thx for repairing the link

and Twilight, glad to see you could see it finally!
    I'm also sooo curious how it will look with ppl and when working, but no rush, pls! for one, it must aaall be done properly, and 2nd, I love seeing the steps of the process, not just bamm, and it is there
    Well those black cables is the power cord of the rink. I can understand the confusion because the other cords are white.
    Whether the ice rink will really be there or whether that place will be filled in with a snowboard trail or something completely different, I still have to think about.

I understand the rush to satisfy curiosity, but dear Twilight, also try to enjoy the journey to the end result.
    And I choose the title of this thread with care. There are still some steps to take and there are still some stories to tell or some attributes that relate to stories and memories.
    So I hope this journey is interesting enough till the end.

My weekend was filled with theater, grand children (arrival Sinterklaas in their Town) and diner with daughter and stepson. But also a few steps again on the windowsill!

The houses watched from the outside are illuminated now and the scene is complete. The power ranks of the fun fair attractions are installed now. Pictures with more details will follow.

Beta-testers in the cable car and Anne created her own Village in the Kitchen's windowsill

Okie dokie here we go...

Wasn't sure what we wanted so I brought a variety!

Excellent! The more the merrier...would you care for a pop, bottled water...or I can run & get cocoa...
    Bottle of pop will do nicely Twilight. Thanks!

Ruud it is looking amazing. You are really bringing the Christmas spirit to life for me with these photos. Good call by Anne re. the funfair

Glad to hear you have had such a nice fun filled weekend with your family. Kudos to you for managing to do any further developments at all on your Wintervillage

Wow Ruud, you are so creative. What you gave done is amazing.
    I wanted to get on the cable car just for the ride...after visiting the funfair first and going on all the rides.
    Thank You to both yourself and Anne for bringing Christmas to us.