Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

Wintervillage 2019 / 2020: Constructing a Cable car on my windowsill

As discussed last year the central theme of my Winter village this year will be the introduction of a cable car.

Because the landscape of previous years has no possibility for this, I am planning to rebuild the landscape as a whole from scratch.
    Because the cable car also 'belongs' a ski slope, several mountains are needed.

And creating a new ski slope like we have in combination with the Cable car in our Township towns is quite a challenge!

Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Although the official construction (and therefore the setting up of my herd of elephants) will only start in mid-November, I would like to take you along in the preparation work.
    Because the mountain landscape where the return station of the cable car and the ski slope will cover the entire left-hand window, you will look at unfinished styrofoam from the outside.

So I first started to think of how a good solution can be found for this. We have found two elongated trays that are exactly the same length as the width of both windows.
    The plan is therefore to create a background behind one of these trays to conceal the back of the mountains.

So get started with homemade 'stickers' and wall paint. The only thing that is needed now is to screw the back plate to the tray and place lighted houses on it.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

How are you going to build it in-game (please put in simple terms because I am a simpleton who doesn't understand complicated maths-and science talks lol.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Hi Johnalex,
    Well it won't be as easy as the in-game cable car, which is just on a 2x2 basis and where start and finish of both ski lope and cable car are connected to each other.
    My windowsill is about 3.75meter(147inch) long so if I want to have start and finish together I thing the upperstation of the cable car will hit the sailing.
    I just suggested this idea to my wife Anne but her face said 'No way!`

The cable car set I have ordered has a ground station and an uppertsation and about 8 meter cable so that is enough in my case. To support the cable one guiding mast is incluided, if I'm gonna add more gondolas an extra mast will be necessary. As soon as the package is arrived I will share of course.

The groundstation has a motor in it, the upperstation is just a retourstation and doesn't need electricity.

To create the necessary difference in hight I build a platform for the upperstation. With Styrofoam I will create the mountains and the ski lope.
    And although math and science will be a great help I just try to use common sense, pencil and paper and a lot of imagination to fix this project lol
    And of course a lot of Styrofoam and foam cutters.
    Work in progress ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I just suggested this idea to my wife Anne but her face said 'No way!`...
    ROFL...looking forward to updates
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

here we go Maggie

I got a bit stuck on the idea of ​​running both the ski slope and the cable car in the same loop, like one placed above the other.
    Searching the internet gave me a working solution to this struggle.
    Placing Ski slope and Cable car separated from each other is also easier to make. The slope will then not get any complicated turns.

Help from unexpected sources
    When Anna asked me a few months ago if I wanted to help her make a video for an Anniversary, she told me that of course there would be something
    to achieve in return.
    Now that our living room is slowly but surely turning into a building site and Township as a theme always is connected with the things I do I wonder:
    "Isn't there someone in-game who knows a lot about building materials and tools?"

In the world of Township a lot is possible so if Ernie would be willing to help me ...
    To be continued...

Help from unexpected sources
    ... that of course there would be something to achieve in return. ...
    In the world of Township a lot is possible so if Ernie would be willing to help me ...
    To be continued...
    Even with your hints, I have no idea whereto this is developing. But while waiting curiously, I am still grinning at/about/over this pic:

...and the thought how your li'l elephants are sitting there and watching you and the progress of the building site.
    I hope they'll like it!
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-26-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Even with your hints, I have no idea whereto this is developing. But while waiting curiously, I am still grinning at/about/over this pic:

...and the thought how your li'l elephants are sitting there and watching you and the progress of the building site.
    I hope they'll like it!
    And when 'help' arrived I was impressed by his posture although between those li'l he is ven more 'li'l'

The first advice he gave me was to make the set-up immediately on the official spot.
    For example, I can't be surprised later by the fact that the various parts would just not fit together.
    Moreover, it provides much needed space in the living room and kitchen when I go to work or like today I sleep during the day because of my night shifts.
    It means that the left half of the Elephant herd is already going on winter storage. But if that works then they have to...
    I screwed the background to the tray and placed it with the white back to the outside to keep the construction site free of curious passers-by (what a lucky thing you can stay in the front row here!)

The next step is to work further on the ski slope. This has a major impact on the entire mountains that are yet to be created.
    A whole study about Blue, Brown and Black slopes is not necessary. Simply determined the slope by putting some skiers on it!
    And that worked out fine!
    Still some maths were involved to make a Mold to make 'cutting at the right angle' easier but that seemed an easy job for the Construction guy he is.
    A slope of 30 degrees was ideal. And Johnalex, apologizes for the terms but it means imaginary intersection of an isosceles triangle.
    With that in mind I could calculate the length of the shortest and middle legs of that triangle.
    In addition to that mental calculation, it is mainly working in progress as you can see on the pictures.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 10-26-2019 at 03:02 PM.

And this is the result (for now)
    My little Supervisor is fond with the result and so am I
    Next step in the project is to select eliminated houses to place in caves or so on the front of the mountain.