Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfair tasks

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Now, that's a pretty good example for that idea, lol - thanks, JJ I don't think we've seen that before here.
    so, how about the idea that it's 2 of the 3 requirements (available) that trigger the requests?
    Lol _DD_ What a question! This is going to be a very long answer, so apologies to those who have a short attention span

My mini town doesn't build much (my choice) It focusses on land and barn expansions.

I have these community buildings available -

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-05-13_kindlephoto-1037635221.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-05-20_kindlephoto-1037660356.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-05-27_kindlephoto-1037693164.jpg

And about 10 factories available -

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-06-37_kindlephoto-1037734569.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-06-53_kindlephoto-1037764710.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-07-01_kindlephoto-1037799765.jpg

I have the level necessary to build 10 factories, the coins necessary to build 9 factories, and the population necessary to build 8 factories -

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-07-10_kindlephoto-1037827286.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-11-07-10_kindlephoto-1037873422.jpg

The next factory available for me to build is the plastic factory. It costs 15000 coins. For a long time I tried to keep my coins below that level (that's how I bought the decorations for my chessboard), and if I succeeded I never got an order for items from the plastic factory.

Now I'm not so bothered about orders from factories I don't have, I just buy them from the dealer or request them from friends. But I've never, to the best of my knowledge, had an order from a factory that I don't have the coins to buy.

thanks again, JJ Maybe one would need a matrix for the answer (with your factories, f.e.), but if one simply assumes that both experiences* are true, cos they happened, then the idea might still hold true, too, that it's either "not enough coins" OR "not enough population" that hinders the requests for factories that are not built yet (but could, accord. to level, which is the 3rd requirement). Or did I overlook a contradiction to that in your pictures?

* yours, and Mayfield's coop partner, and the experience with "not enough population hinders etc." was mentioned here before.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post

Now I'm not so bothered about orders from factories I don't have, I just buy them from the dealer or request them from friends. But I've never, to the best of my knowledge, had an order from a factory that I don't have the coins to buy.
    I'm fairly certain I have. Grape fizz comes to mind.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    That's really interesting. I can't say I've looked for this much because I was working on the assumption that if you didn't have the coins it didn't happen, and that seemed to work for me. But from now on I'll try to watch out for it and let everyone know what happens. I'd be interested to hear what other people's experiences are.

LOL - as soon as we seem to have brought some order into any mystery here, there comes the exception!

(of course, I should have said that to JJ already, cos so far we had only heard of the population-limitation-orwhateverthewordis )
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-29-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL - as soon as we seem to have brought some order into any mystery here, there comes the exception!

(of course, I should have said that to JJ already, cos so far we had only heard of the population-limitation-orwhateverthewordis )
    Lol It's those evil algorithms at work again

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Lol It's those evil algorithms at work again
    oh yes, and are working independently from Devs, but - behind our backs - connected to and conspiring with each other!

Helicopter orders will also be generated based on factories we could build not by factories we actually have. Factories have two prerequisites though, player level and town population.

There is a theory that orders are not started by level alone. If we don't build the community buildings and housing, and therefore lack the required population for the factory, then the game will not generate those requests. One of my coop members was testing this theory for a while and it seemed to hold.

We can at least be grateful that trains don't start asking for stuff until we actually do build the factory.
    I hobbled my game for a while. As long as my population was below the required for the factory I did not get any requests by train or plane but I think I still got copter orders though. I also found that once i started re-building and i was a couple factories behind, the game asked for more of the stuff from the higher level factory rather than the one that was just built. So I built a factory to find that the game was no longer asking primarily for those things(like it skipped over those orders). I think the game was programmed to ask for lots of stuff from the factory that you just leveled up to but not from that one once you get near the next one.

If you are at a level where you could obtain the population but haven't built the necessary buildings, the copter will still ask for items from the relevant factory you don't have.
    Fir instance when they brought in new factories with the updates, the items from that factory were asked fir immediately, even before the population was increased or the factory was built.
    We have to remember that the game is programmed to encourage us to spend TCash therefore by asking for items we haven't got or we cannot make the hope is we will buy them.

I'm pretty new to this game. However, I have been growing my population relatively slow compared with my neighbors. In my experience, The heli will request things relative to your level. But the train and plane will request things according to poplulation. I have had many heli orders requesting items from factories I don't have, but those factories are relative to my level. And I don't think coins is relevant in the algorithm for planes and trains. I, once, leveled in population, then immediately built the next factory I could build. While it was still under construction I got a train order for an item from that factory. If you hit the population level for a certain factory, the game expects you to have that factory with regard to trains and planes. .