Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfair tasks

Unfair tasks

I don't think it's fair when you're asked to produce items from a factory you haven't even built yet. Just saying!

what happens then, did you lose resources? (beginner)
    The best currency I have ever bought was purchased on Odealo which I found information in a completely different forum when I was looking for information and knowledge about where I can directly buy poe currency. I have definitely chosen odealo as my favorite and safest store so BUY POE CURRENCY
    Last edited by goglet; 11-19-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goglet View Post
    Goglet you have to dump the tasks that you don't want or can't do So no you don't loose any resources but you get a penalty for every task that the co-op dumps. Blytonrocks is talking about regatta tasks. I don't see how a co-op of mixed level players could have it any other way though. When you're starting out in the game just know that we all went through that growing period. As far as tasks calling for items from the newer factories, I've only seen 1 balloon task since the factory was added and I see a lot of the early factory tasks like pizza, shoes, coats, hats, etc. in comparison.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Quote Originally Posted by goglet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    ...you get a penalty for every task that the co-op dumps. ...
    Not always, it depends on whether you discard from the regatta board or cancel an already taken task.
    The penalty for the first is counted only in golden league and only for the GLB (Global Leaderboard).
    Our best explanation - thanks to Charlie - for that is here. (Android/IOS/Kindle)
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-28-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    Blytonrocks is talking about regatta tasks. I don't see how a co-op of mixed level players could have it any other way though. When you're starting out in the game just know that we all went through that growing period. As far as tasks calling for items from the newer factories, I've only seen 1 balloon task since the factory was added and I see a lot of the early factory tasks like pizza, shoes, coats, hats, etc. in comparison.
    In my co-op there's only 2 of us and neither of us have the factories in question so that's not the answer. And it's not just regatta tasks. I have to dump a fair few heli orders too. I'm not having a major rant, just a mini whine 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Blytonrocks View Post
    In my co-op there's only 2 of us and neither of us have the factories in question so that's not the answer. And it's not just regatta tasks. I have to dump a fair few heli orders too. I'm not having a major rant, just a mini whine
    There's a subtle difference between

1) I don't have the factory because I have not yet reached the level that unlocks it.

And

2) i don't have the factory because i chose not to build it yet.

Most people believe that the game will ask for the products from a factory once your attain the level necessary to build it whether you actually did or not. Experience tends to confirm this belief.

Helicopter orders will also be generated based on factories we could build not by factories we actually have. Factories have two prerequisites though, player level and town population.

There is a theory that orders are not started by level alone. If we don't build the community buildings and housing, and therefore lack the required population for the factory, then the game will not generate those requests. One of my coop members was testing this theory for a while and it seemed to hold.

We can at least be grateful that trains don't start asking for stuff until we actually do build the factory.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    There is a theory that orders are not started by level alone. If we don't build the community buildings and housing, and therefore lack the required population for the factory, then the game will not generate those requests. One of my coop members was testing this theory for a while and it seemed to hold.
    What about the case where a person has a sufficient level, has a sufficient population, but not enough coins to build the factory? I wonder how that fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Helicopter orders will also be generated based on factories we could build not by factories we actually have. Factories have two prerequisites though, player level and town population.

We can at least be grateful that trains don't start asking for stuff until we actually do build the factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    What about the case where a person has a sufficient level, has a sufficient population, but not enough coins to build the factory? I wonder how that fits in.
    Sorry, just to make things more complicated, my mini town doesn't have the population to build the perfume factory, but it does have the coins, and I've just had a heli order for perfume. My experience, in no way documented, seems to suggest that it's coins that determine whether you're asked for things from factories you don't have.

And again sorry, no idea whether this applies to tasks as well.

Screenshot_2019-10-29-08-48-14_kindlephoto-1030604761.jpg

Screenshot_2019-10-29-08-48-04_kindlephoto-1030680243.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ...My experience, in no way documented, seems to suggest that it's coins that determine whether you're asked for things from factories you don't have.
    Now, that's a pretty good example for that idea, lol - thanks, JJ I don't think we've seen that before here.
    so, how about the idea that it's 2 of the 3 requirements (available) that trigger the requests?