Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unfair tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I'm pretty new to this game. However, I have been growing my population relatively slow compared with my neighbors. In my experience, The heli will request things relative to your level. But the train and plane will request things according to poplulation. ...
    Welcome to the game and the forum, Zealous, and thanks for sharing your experience as well
    Yours sounds like a possible explanation, too, and would explain the different experiences, while still giving a pattern.

Now, someone would have to do a matrix with these experiences and JJ's factories and CBs from the pics above...

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I'm pretty new to this game. However, I have been growing my population relatively slow compared with my neighbors. In my experience, The heli will request things relative to your level. But the train and plane will request things according to poplulation. I have had many heli orders requesting items from factories I don't have, but those factories are relative to my level. And I don't think coins is relevant in the algorithm for planes and trains. I, once, leveled in population, then immediately built the next factory I could build. While it was still under construction I got a train order for an item from that factory. If you hit the population level for a certain factory, the game expects you to have that factory with regard to trains and planes. .
    Hello Zealous, I‘m sure that trains don’t request goods from factories you don’t have (probably though with the exception of factories currently in building process, can’t remember). The reason is that you can’t dump trains like heli orders or send them (part-)empty like planes. You have to fill all the crates, therefore they will ask only for products you have the factories for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Helicopter orders will also be generated based on factories we could build not by factories we actually have. Factories have two prerequisites though, player level and town population.

There is a theory that orders are not started by level alone. If we don't build the community buildings and housing, and therefore lack the required population for the factory, then the game will not generate those requests. One of my coop members was testing this theory for a while and it seemed to hold.

We can at least be grateful that trains don't start asking for stuff until we actually do build the factory.
    This is NOT true. I got tired of always scrambling for coins so I stopped building new community buildings every time I leveled up and instead waited to build them till I needed a higher population cap to be able to expand. So I have about half a dozen factories that I have the level to build them, but not the population, and LOTS of heli orders ask for goods from those factories.

Now the plane is asking for stuff from factories I don't have... pffft!

Quote Originally Posted by mmatforum View Post
    I have about half a dozen factories that I have the level to build them, but not the population, and LOTS of heli orders ask for goods from those factories.
    Yes, I think others have reported the same. From posts above, it looks like not having the coins to build the factory wil keep the requests from coming.

Really, though, I just don't see it as much of a problem, as we can always just dump those requests. I'm always 2 or 3 factories behind and don't feel I see very many copter requests for those items. I dump far more requests because they are asking for ridiculous quantities of some crop.

I do make a point if buying the items from those factories if Raja has them for sale, so can sometimes fill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blytonrocks View Post
    Now the plane is asking for stuff from factories I don't have... pffft!
    As far as I know, it's always been like that. It seems planes generate cargo requests based only on player level.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-31-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I'm certainly getting loads of heli requests for products I haven't got the factories to make.

I have plenty of coins to build the factories and I'm at a level where the factories are unlocked, however I'm hundreds of people short of the required population. I can't build more houses at this stage because I have nowhere to put them. It is the shortage of expansion tools which is holding me up.

This is not true. I am always asked for products I don't have the factory put in place yet. It's asking for me to buy it, but... I can't because I need to complete the already 5 OR 6 community buildings sitting there for weeks waiting on materials. I DETEST this part of the game. Being forced to buy community buildings before one is completed to progress in the game. I've been waiting for almost 10 days now for at least one of my 5 buildings to get done, but been asked to supply candy all along because it wants me to put the candy factory down but it can't be placed till these buildings are completed. Or at least one or two. Oddly, they all need about the same amount of building materials.

I've been trying to complete my latest community building forever! I don't even want this building in my town but I need it to get more factories etc 😏

Quote Originally Posted by slacktown View Post
    This is not true. I am always asked for products I don't have the factory put in place yet. It's asking for me to buy it, but... I can't because I need to complete the already 5 OR 6 community buildings sitting there for weeks waiting on materials. I DETEST this part of the game. Being forced to buy community buildings before one is completed to progress in the game. I've been waiting for almost 10 days now for at least one of my 5 buildings to get done, but been asked to supply candy all along because it wants me to put the candy factory down but it can't be placed till these buildings are completed. Or at least one or two. Oddly, they all need about the same amount of building materials.
    The game does request/suggest the next community building but You are never forced to buy any community buildings before you want too. Simply click the X to cancel the building, just as you would with any other building or decoration you decided not to place. Or you could just Tap anywhere outside the box where the character is asking for the building, and it will go away.

In the future (once you’ve gotten your current buildings finished) never build more than ONE community building at a time.

For now you can help yourself by looking at what each building is asking for, and only thinking about that building, you need to sell* off all of the excess above the needed amount down to 1 or 2 below what you need. If you are really short on something— like you’ve got only 25% of one material with the rest coming out your ears— then you may need to sell off to 3 less than what you need.

I know it feels counterproductive to be selling anything when you know that the total amount you need is more.... but it has to do with the algorithm within the game’s programming.
    The game was designed for the player not to advance faster than they have the materials.... unfortunately the other aspects of the game don’t limit the progression like they should given the materials dynamic.

So if You’ve got multiple buildings going, the algorithm gets screwed up and you will get more and more and more of what you’ve already got plenty of....

The only way out of the mess is to follow the procedure above. Concentrate your efforts on getting the materials for one building at a time— some people do it in order of when they became available.... but I think it makes more sense to go with what you are closest to completing.
    Either way it hurts to get rid of materials you know you are going to need....

*(or alternatively, give away to co-op members if any have the gold pass for the professor event that’s going on— ask in chat if anyone needs what you need to get rid of)

One more note— factories do not require building materials to complete... those you can build as soon as you want to deal with funneling ingredients into the resulting products.

Good luck.

Here’s a helpful link: materials required for community buildings
    Last edited by Duranie; 11-09-2019 at 07:04 AM.