Thread: Base traffic on road type

Base traffic on road type

I wish there was less pedestrian traffic throughout the town, too busy. The black top road resembles a highway so should be less anyway. The paver roads are like city streets so a few there is sensible. The cobblestone roads are usually Downtown so more pedestrians is expected. The dirt roads should have very light pedestrian and auto traffic as with most real towns.

I understand your point and yes a lot of it makes sense. However we have a limited choice of roads. Finding yourself having to choose a certain road type (from existing) to get your desired amount of pedestrians would be even more limiting/restricting..

Maybe there is a different, better way to offer a choice of pedestrian traffic?
    Last edited by Downton; 10-21-2019 at 03:05 PM.

The roads offer car traffic, the pavements offer pedestrians, and the others (colo(u)r only, grass and sand and snow) offer empty ground.
    Not sure how changing that to "fewer" would work. Is subjective opinion anyway (what few is, and which numbers one likes)

Besides, statements like "cobblestone roads are usually Downtown" are not valid worldwide

The roads in my town have pedestrian traffic as well as auto. Black top and paver comes with its own tiny sidewalks and dirt they walk along the side. No pavements needed but expect pedestrian traffic there

I grew up in an area without sidewalks and we walked on the blacktop roads all the time.

I also agree with _DD_ "Besides, statements like "cobblestone roads are usually Downtown" are not valid worldwide". In my area (eastern PA, USA) we have a lot of colonial era areas that have cobblestone/brick roads but aren't "downtown". In fact, I chose the cobblestone roadway as my primary thoroughfare for that very reason.

Other forum members have asked for more public transport and footpaths to reflect 'our' growing environmental awareness. I think this puts the developers in a no-win situation so they just choose not to address it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    ...Other forum members have asked for more public transport and footpaths to reflect 'our' growing environmental awareness. I think this puts the developers in a no-win situation so they just choose not to address it at all.
    ^ This is a fitting assumption, IMO too.

You're right, chattery, that the roads have some pedestrians, too, but the general division (? Aufteilung) is as I said above; I meant to show the general choices, and that there are 'categories' already.
    just btw, I personally am not much into realism in towns here and think roads totally w/o ppl would be boring also.
    And, many here (and ingame, w/o posting here) like the little scenes we have with the pedestrians - big argument PRO pedestrians, IMO, maybe even more to come

Plus, we have the wish "Transparent Floor Option So That Townies Can Walk on Beaches & Other Areas" on the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list, which would change the (Optics of) the last floor w/o pedestrians so far, at least in the towns, if used.

just some reasons why I believe barb's assumption is accurate.

Ok, point taken on this one. Thanks for the input.