Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you Barb,
    DD gave a great discription of how to redesign 'at once'! (good to read the 'Bigedit' tool finally is developed to a good working tool for that purpose)
    My personal preference goes to redesigning my town in smaller steps.
    Before the start of really editing your town it is good to have a plan of what result you like to achieve.
    Is it effectivity or great looks or a combination of both? Which combinations in your Today's town do you like to keep or can be (simply) improved?
    The acres, already mentioned in earlier posts, you can combine them wit CB's and factories 'all over the place or put them all together.
    Or, as in my case, take 100 acres put them together in blocks of 5x4 or 5x5 and use the rest of them in combination with several flower decos and the bouquette factor if you like to have a separate 'Gardening' area.
    Next to placing your factories in food an non-food areas there is also the option of combining them with certain CB's and 'old' Zoo shop to create a shopping mall.
    And for the decorations in storage you might consider a Town square or Museum park to put them during the diverse seasons leaded by Regatta, Events or the Spring, Autumn or Winter look of your town.

BTW: if moving screenshots from phone to laptop by WiFi or cloud app doesn't work for you maybe connecting a cable between your both devices helps?
    Good luck with the big design and let having fun be your guide while doing that huge job.

Very curious about the results
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Thanks for the input, Ruud.

My ultimate goal is to recreate childhood memories of the area where I grew up. Before I start to move anything in the town, I'm using old fashioned pen and paper to list some of those specific memories - the local farm/produce stand; the County Nature Center where I had my first 'adult' job; summer time trips "down the shore" (beach to everyone else); and lots and lots of snow - to name just a few. There are already several areas of my current town that I do like, but I want to relocate them. As a precaution, I'm taking screen shots so I don't forget how they fit together.

Currently all of my factories are strung together in blocks of four or five with the restaurant looking ones in their own, near-by, food court. While I like having all my factories together, the current effect is just boring. I've been admiring several towns that keep the factories more or less together but do so attractively, much as you suggested by combining factories, certain CBs and decos to add interest.
    Last edited by BJK14; 10-21-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Correct spelling. Sorry, Ruud!

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    <crestfallen face> Even with an excellent tutorial from Ruud and all the info here on the board, I'm still failing when I attempt to move screen shots from my phone (game) to laptop (forum). Even opening the forum on my phone has not worked. Maybe by the time I re-build my town, I'll have figured out my problem.
    I didn't mean to scare you I would suggest - whenever you feel like it - to post in the advice-for-screenshot-thread with a step by step description what you are doing for taking a screenshot, moving it and inserting it here. Don't forget to mention your OS.
    (you had a look at that thread already, right?)

The easiest way f.e. would be to email a screenshot to yourself and open it on the target device (laptop). Or prepare the post on laptop and add pic from phone directly later (if it can do browser at all). I bet we would find out together* what the problem is and how to solve it.
    * in the other thread, cos there the chance is big that all grafix wizzards read it

Woo, I'm tired! Not quite doing everything at once (multiple saves like _DD_ mentioned) but have all my 'ugly' (imho) housing arranged now and have moved most of my less wanted CBs out of the way. Now I can start having fun with the buildings I like much more.

Woo, I'm tired! Not quite doing everything at once (multiple saves like _DD_ mentioned) but have all my 'ugly' (imho) housing arranged now and have moved most of my less wanted CBs out of the way. Now I can start having fun with the buildings I like much more.
    Lol, you've been busy! Good idea getting the more unpleasant aspects of your town revamp out of the way first IMO.
    As Mayor I hope you called to your townsfolk for help with this

Your next stage sounds much more enjoyable. Maybe have a little well earned rest first?

Downton is absolutely right! Taking a good rest will help you to get back to your process.
    And next chapter will give more energy because of the 'I like'-factor of rolling out your plan of Memory land.
    Doing nothing is sometimes doing enough
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Still working on this. My Pool Hall and the last houses (for now) are done. I have my Farm Stand area and homage to the Jurassic Park movies re-established but I want to clear area for my snow park and then re-arrange my University Campus area.

Thanks to _DD_ I worked out how to figure out my friend code so you can see what's happening. If anyone would like to visit, I'll PM it to you. Barb

P.S. - Having a lot more fun with it now!

ETA: Sorry, forgot to mention I'm on Android.
    Last edited by BJK14; 10-26-2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: 'more' not 'ore' : )

...P.S. - Having a lot ore fun with it now! ...
    lol, wot? - took me a moment => probably a typo? I would have a lot of fun also if I had a lot ore!

and btw, for a visit, giving someone the Coop tag, the thing with the # (and Coop name, but it might be not unique enough) is sufficient / also a possibility.
    Many can't visit via friends code anymore, cos their friends list is full. (the non-FB'lers)

ETA: Your town description above reminded me again of the wish for little area-signs that we could use. It would be so handy!
    It's also on the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list...
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-26-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, wot? - took me a moment => probably a typo? I would have a lot of fun also if I had a lot ore!

and btw, for a visit, giving someone the Coop tag, the thing with the # (and Coop name, but it might be not unique enough) is sufficient / also a possibility.
    Many can't visit via friends code anymore, cos their friends list is full. (the non-FB'lers)

ETA: Your town description above reminded me again of the wish for little area-signs that we could use. It would be so handy!
    It's also on the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list...
    Totally missed the typo, thanks for pointing it out _DD_ , it's fixed now.

I will include the Co-op tag (Android)!

Signs would be a great idea.
    Last edited by BJK14; 10-26-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Add operating system

Totally missed the typo, thanks for pointing it out _DD_ , it's fixed now.
    oh, "more", not "of", lol. Well, "a lot ore" sounded very German, syntax-wise, so that was nice already,
    and I'd really be more happy again, if I can buy ore again, instead of refilling the shelves. So it really sounded "right" to me.
    ok, at first only, until I remembered my En<g>lish - and then even wrong, as we see, so, thanks for the repair!

And, happy to hear it!