Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a big believer in redesigning slowly, in sections. I have a friend that had a lovely town & she wiped it, it has never looked the same since. I like working in small sections because I keep the end result in mind. I have a newer town that I designed knowing better where my focus is. 3+ years ago we didn't have 122 fields to fit in, so I've made the farm the priority, giving it plenty of space to expand & incorporating a lot more water. We didn't have ducks or otters back then so that's one big redesign

I just finished my redesign... a total one, this time.
    Getting items removed, then sorted and grouped for rebuilding is a tedious chore for sure!
    Building again is the fun part.
    Town: Morgan's Landing (Level 110)
    Gold league Co-op: Moonlit Estuary #M2Q45N
    iOS system (iPad Air2)
    Friend Code: #JDFN5V
    FB Group: Moonlit Estuary@Township

I hope you stop by my town for a visit, it gets remodeled often.
    The penguins’ snow village has gone, but the water park island is now open!
    I hope you “like” my town.

Quote Originally Posted by NikoelC View Post
    I just finished my redesign... a total one, this time.
    Getting items removed, then sorted and grouped for rebuilding is a tedious chore for sure!
    Building again is the fun part.
    I really like your town! I can tell you've put a lot of time and love into it. It looks like a TV perfect place where everyone is happy
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    I am a big believer in redesigning slowly, in sections. I have a friend that had a lovely town & she wiped it, it has never looked the same since.
    This scares me. I love my town. Sometimes when I get the bug to redesign I have to remember my town is a product of years of designing and tweaking and if I changed everything I am not sure it would ever feel like home. I'm approaching "the end" as I have only 3 zoo enclosures left and the thought keeps popping up to redesign with my free time. Thanks for sharing your experience. It will keep me in check
    Town Level 103

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Main thing: I put all factories together, and I put all fields in one place. Whether one makes one big area with them or several with a certain amount (5 or 10 or whatever) is a matter of taste and working style, I guess.
    I do this as well. I have visited fantastic towns that are so much more elegant to my eye because they don't have these items grouped together... but I also need to work! I race in regatta and I do all of the in game events. So I cannot imagine having everything spread all over the place. It would be to inefficient for me on a daily basis!

Thanks Downton and DD for all the great tips in this thread! I always look forward to your decorating tips and town views.
    Town Level 103

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    This scares me. I love my town. Sometimes when I get the bug to redesign I have to remember my town is a product of years of designing and tweaking and if I changed everything I am not sure it would ever feel like home. ...
    I recommend to take screenshots, before you start changes, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    I do this as well. I have visited fantastic towns that are so much more elegant to my eye because they don't have these items grouped together... but I also need to work! I race in regatta and I do all of the in game events. So I cannot imagine having everything spread all over the place. ...
    yes, I also still look what others do can't copy all, too many ideas that I like, lol - I can at least leave a Like then, good.
    Sometimes you get a fitting idea, though - for example, re fields: I found it looks better as in more interesting (IMO! I'm not a fan of symmetry everywhere) with little irregular groups, forming a triangle, or a group of 5, don't know the word even in German, lol.
    I have my fields all in one block since my re-design, and it is handy, but looks quite boring. That grouping keeps them in the same area, but interrupts that boring row-up, row-down.
    IOW: keep looking

ETA: here is one - doesn't it look fantastic (and btw, it still has symmetry in it! lol)
    Screenshot_20200229-groups-min.jpg (tap to enlarge)

Thanks Downton and DD for all the great tips in this thread! I always look forward to your decorating tips and town views.
    oh, that's nice of you! happy to hear it, thank you for this
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-29-2020 at 10:25 AM.