Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-op chat issues

Co-op chat issues

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone else is having issues with co-op chat?
    We have a member that only shows up in co-op chat after shutting the game down and reloading it. She doesn't show up as being on-line on the Co-op board. I have submitted a ticket to support (6398397).
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary) WMZ83A
    Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Looking for a new co-op? Check us out!

not on Android, experience with several Coops. You're on Windows, right? (OS can make a difference)

btw, does her name not appear at all or is her status shown incorrectly? (the dot before the name)

DD,

Yes to Windows all PC's no phones in co-op
    Yes to both. Her name does not appear in co-op chat nor does she show a green online status.
    To get her to show up in chat we have to reboot the game.
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    ...Yes to both. Her name does not appear in co-op chat nor does she show a green online status.
    To get her to show up in chat we have to reboot the game.
    bolding by me

That doesn't look like we could help here much, but this is still a bit unclear: she would only appear in Coop chat window, if she said something => if that doesn't work, how do you know when to restart the game?
    re last sentence: all who are present have to restart the game?? just to see something she said in Chat? curious and curiouser.

But I was asking about the Coop list in the Coop building. It's the place where the "online status"-dot is shown, the only place, AFAI remember. If she is not listed there, there's of course no dot either. - If she's not listed there, how do you know she is a member and online? lol, I mean, when did that change, after she arrived?
    If she is listed, does she have such a dot at all?

You could maybe put a link to this thread in the Windows-thread also, to be sure the Windows players see it.

Okay to try and explain the hoops I have to jump through to see her....

1: I login to the game there is a message in co-op chat from her.
    2: I respond. Then log out of the game and back in to see if she has replied.
    3: Nothing on chat, I go about what I am doing in game.
    4: Another co-op member comes on and says Hi to her and I go where?

Yes she does show up in the co-op building as being in the co-op but her light never turns green.
    She said it was this way before she joined our co-op.

You can only see what she has said in co-op chat when you first log in to the game.

I will try to put a link to this in the Windows forum.

Next time this happens I will try to get a picture of it from my wife's and my computer.

Thanks!
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC

Yes she does show up in the co-op building as being in the co-op but her light never turns green.
    Just a thought about the green light - does your teammate have her online status switched on? That's this button in additional settings -

Screenshot_2019-10-21-01-18-37_kindlephoto-2479215497.jpg

If she doesn't, the green light will never show.

Sorry, I have no idea why she doesn't show up in chat

JJay my wife made sure her chat is turned on already.

Here is what we get in co-op chat.
    My game was on for awhile. My wife logged on with her laptop.

Co-op chat 10-20-19.jpg

I marked where the chat windows are different.

Thanks
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC

...You can only see what she has said in co-op chat when you first log in to the game.
    JJay my wife made sure her chat is turned on already. ...
    Gary,

I got what is (not) happening in your Chat, with your posts above and the pic, and can also only say, hopefully Playrix will find out. If your member - or others - don't see others' contributions either, they should also report it. That's not a "one for all" thing.

You made it a bit confusing again with your answer to JJ, which I quoted - cos the dot for showing online status is *not* related to chat, nor your problems there. That "invisibility" - and only that one, in the Coop building, not the Chat window - might well be related to the setting being OFF, as in JJ's pic. So, your wife cannot have told her to turn on her "chat" nor anything else related to chat. I'm repeating this, cos you should be careful with your wording also towards Playrix, or they might misunderstand the problem.
    If you haven't already, also send them the pic!

p.s.: and your wife could check again with the member, whether she has the setting (JJ's pic above) ON.
    (unless that is what they did, and just your wording was ...well, ambiguous )
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-21-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Gary,

p.s.: and your wife could check again with the member, whether she has the setting (JJ's pic above) ON.
    (unless that is what they did, and just your wording was ...well, ambiguous )
    Sorry we are both no feeling well. But yes my wife explained to her how to turn her light on. She took a screen shot to show her what it looks like.

Re-reading that post to JJ I see where it is confusing. Sorry about that.
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC

Sorry we are both no feeling well. ...
    Re-reading that post to JJ I see where it is confusing. Sorry about that.
    aww, sorry to hear it, Gary! Best wishes to you both, then! (mentioned in my other post to you in the other thread already, but one can't have enough, right ) Isn't it great to have to look then after game problems additionally!
    and yep, sounds you have covered that part.

I would be willing to bet that JJ "forgives" you, too ;-D yes, JJ?