Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: New idea?

  1. #1

    New idea?

    Maybe this has been covered but is there a possibility of getting “container trees” for turnabout empty spaces on roads?

  2. #2
    What are container trees, pls? what do they "do"?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    What are container trees, pls? what do they "do"?
    What do they "do"?
    Creep up on you in the middle of the night and plant kissing couples on weeping willows ;p

    I THINK OP means a tree/bush in a pot small enough to fit into the gap left by a square of roads

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    What do they "do"?
    Creep up on you in the middle of the night and plant kissing couples on weeping willows ;p



    well, we can wait what the OP says, but I take from your answer that the question was maybe not clear enough:
    what do they "contain", why that name?
    or is it rather that the empty space contains THEM?

  5. #5
    A plant container is another way of saying plant pot, for outdoors

    Trees grown in pots/containers generally don't grow as tall as those planted in soil.
    Perhaps the OP wants small/medium sized versions of the existing trees.
    Last edited by JayS; 10-17-2019 at 08:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    A plant container is another way of saying plant pot, for outdoors
    Trees grown in pots/containers generally don't grow as tall as those planted in soil.
    ....
    wowzers another new science. Danke schön, Jay!

  7. #7
    Container plant is a common usage in the US. As explained, it means a plant growing in some kind of container, rather than in the ground.

    The problem is that the little square gap is created by roads in adjacent cells, so there is no space there to place a decoration. It would sit on top of and overlap the corners of four different cells and I don't think the devs would consider that. This is the same problem as the traffic circle. In order to work on our game grid, it would need to be 3x3 with an open space in the middle.

    But I like the suggestion of some container plants for putting on pavement.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Container plant is a common usage in the US. As explained, it means a plant growing in some kind of container, rather than in the ground. ...
    Thanks, Mayfield I finally found an understandable word as translation (Kübelpflanze), and pot plant and plant pot on the way, too, lol.

    Sure would be nice to get more "new" trees, and in a new ...form or pot, or whatever.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-17-2019 at 09:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks, Mayfield I finally found an understandable word as translation (Kübelpflanze), and pot plant and plant pot on the way, too, lol.

    Sure would be nice to get more "new" trees, and in a new ...form or pot, or whatever.
    _DD_ , a pot plant in the US is not a container plant per se, although it is often planted in a container. An American English definition of 'pot plant' would be 'marijuana' or cannabis sativa. Barb

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    ...An American English definition of 'pot plant' would be 'marijuana' or cannabis sativa. Barb
    LOL, what have I done!
    I didn't mean to say they are similar, I just mentioned them cos of their funny similar "sound". They appeared on the same translation page, and I checked now again and that translation is not there! they probably didn't dare - so, thank you, too, Barb! as I said, a new science...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •