Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Places that need some explaining

Do you have a spot in your town that makes perfect sense to you but might need some explaining to a casual visitor?
    This is University Island....an island in the middle of town where Magnolia University is located. People don’t just come to town for the beaches or the carnival!
    In addition to the “university” building, there is a library, laboratory, student housing, and “single-family” houses (which work much better as lecture halls). The stadium—complete with a blimp overhead that doesn’t show up in edit mode—is the home of the Magnolia Magpies. They would welcome visits from any of your towns’ home teams! At the far end of the island, there is a planetarium and an observatory.
    The next semester starts in January so register soon!
    6422B523-9985-4231-948F-18413A05DDA9.jpg
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Do you have a spot in your town that makes perfect sense to you but might need some explaining to a casual visitor?
    This is University Island....an island in the middle of town where Magnolia University is located. People don’t just come to town for the beaches or the carnival!
    In addition to the “university” building, there is a library, laboratory, student housing, and “single-family” houses (which work much better as lecture halls). The stadium—complete with a blimp overhead that doesn’t show up in edit mode—is the home of the Magnolia Magpies. They would welcome visits from any of your towns’ home teams! At the far end of the island, there is a planetarium and an observatory.
    The next semester starts in January so register soon!
    6422B523-9985-4231-948F-18413A05DDA9.jpg
    Cool campus.

Thanks JayS!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Magnolia University - wonderful, Maggie, thanks!

Great back story Maggie! Love your use of the housing, and such well thought out amenities as well Your townsfolk are very lucky to have a Mayor who provides such a good education

I think most of my town needs an explanation lol!

Here's an example. My town vacation area. I have touched on this section a little bit before. It must seem like a very mixed up area to visitors, but to me and my residents it makes perfect sense!

It is near the airport for their friends and family to fly in and join them on their holidays. There is lots of themes and activities for all ages to enjoy. It includes a hotel and chalets for them to stay in. With so much work going on in the town, it was important to create somewhere the people of Downton could unwind and recharge their batteries (so to speak) .

IMG_20191018_005149.jpg
    Last edited by Downton; 10-18-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Downton, you are very thoughtful to make transportation convenient for your visitors! Since my hotels and beach houses are across town from the airport, i made sure the taxi was nearby as well as the parkade for the locals who are flying out lol. I may have put too much thought into this game ...
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

............ I may have put too much thought into this game ...
    ROFL Maggie..... maybe just a little
    Last edited by Downton; 10-18-2019 at 08:55 AM.

... Since my hotels and beach houses are across town from the airport, i made sure the taxi was nearby as well as the parkade for the locals who are flying out lol. I may have put too much thought into this ...........
    nonono, "too much" doesn't exist in this context. Perfect thoughts and taking care for a Mayor!

Okay.....now i’m going to expose a dark little corner of Magnolia that tries to stay unnoticed...on the far right of town, against the rock bluffs, there is a poppy farm, inspired by Ozark on Netflix. It is accessible only by floatplane and has the Lost City Gate to keep out wandering hikers. Please don’t judge me lol!!
    3B8AEF01-9B42-410E-AD25-CADF5E870FDD.jpg
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

I too have a university in my town. It just made since with the types of buildings offered. It includes science buildings, liberal arts buildings, housing and athletics. I wish there was a sign I could add so others would know.

I also have a country club I'm working on.
    Last edited by jpduncan12; 10-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.