Thread: Key Limes

Key Limes

So I'm writing today because i feel that limes have too many recipes that use them. If you compare to the other third tier products from the shipyard:

Plum
    3 plums for Plum Jam in Jam Factory

Pineapple
    2 pineapples for Pineapple Sorbet in Ice Cream Factory
    2 pineapples for Tropical Mix in Beverage Factory

Lobster
    1 lobster for Baked Lobster in Grill Factory
    1 lobster for Lobster Sushi in Asian Restaurant
    1 lobster for Lobster Omelet in Grill Factory
    1 lobster for Ravioli in Italian Restaurant

So that's 3-4 items for each of the other products if you made one of everything. Compare this to limes where you'd be using SEVEN:

2 Key limes for Key Lime Pie in Pastry Factory
    1 Key lime for Coconut Soup in Asian Restaurant
    1 Key lime for Peanut Sauce in Asian Restaurant
    1 key lime for Grilled Scallop in Grill Factory
    1 Key lime for Iced Tea in Beverage Factory
    1 Key lime for Jelly Fruit Slices in Candy Factory

I'd say just remove the pie recipe altogether and the lime requirement in the peanut sauce and that would balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marguerite Weith View Post
    So that's 3-4 items for each of the other products if you made one of everything. Compare this to limes where you'd be using SEVEN:

Many thanks for writing this down, Marguerite! I had a feeling that limes are used "too much", cos I'm always short on them, and also cos I can only ask for 2 in the Coop. So, that's the proof.

And to Playrix: I support the wish to change something here to even it out VERY much!
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-17-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: down with limes *g*

Yeah, I've gotten to the point I dump heli orders that have items that use lime because I never have enough limes. I end up buying the products in the market for plane/train orders quite often.

Yes!

Now...as visual aids are, imho, the best, can you gather the rest of the ingredients and make more lists please!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Marguerite Weith View Post
    I'd say just remove the pie recipe altogether and the lime requirement in the peanut sauce and that would balance things out.
    The problem is that the pie recipe comes at Level 44 and that's the first thing we can make with the limes. The other recipes all come much later. The next is coconut soup at 62. Eliminating the pie would leave an awfully long time where there is absolutely nothing to do with limes apart from filling orders for the limes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    The problem is that the pie recipe comes at Level 44 and that's the first thing we can make with the limes. ...
    Then they should move one of the other recipes to the earlier lvl, yes? we don't need to solve all details on the way

Following the earlier suggestion, it would be simpler to just get rid of one of the other recipes (like jelly fruit slices which I hate making for the watermelons and strawberries as well).

The other recipes using limes come in Grill, Beverage, Asian Restaurant, which we don't have until quite a bit higher, and some also use other ingredients we don't get until later. So, moving a recipe forward gets even more complicated.

Another option would be to simply change one of the later recipes to eliminate the lime.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-17-2019 at 10:15 PM.