Thread: Unable to sign-on from different devices

Unable to sign-on from different devices

I started the game on one mobile phone that I left at home, and wanted to continue playing with a different mobile later when I went out with my new mobile phone but there was no way to turn the game off on the device I had left at home when I was playing earlier.
    I understand that you can't play on multiple devices simultaneously but instead of locking a player out of the game, can you change it to allow the player to choose which device they want to use. For example, Pandora radio asks whether you want "to listen or let the other player listen" then it closes the app based on your response.
    Please consider this change since I lost several hours of play after having activated boosters and seriously fell behind in my game. I was not happy.
    Thank you.

Hi Sabrina,
    This forum is players only and therefore the devs won't necessarily see your post.
    You may want to add it to the wish list.

That said if I am understanding you correctly, you won't be able to choose to play on a different device.
    That would be the same as playng on more than one device.
    The only way to play on a different device is to download the game on each device and play two towns.

Hello Sabrina

Questions: Are they the same platform? (ex. android to android) And is your game connected to facebook (fb)?

If so...you should not have an issue with having TS on both devices. I have had TS on both my tablet and my phone at the same time and was able to login to my town without to much issue.

Issue:
    Just be mindful...that there might be a slight delay with syncing from the server(s) and not all your info may be there at the start. Just log out immediately, wait about 15 minutes and try again. Just some steps, from my experience, when I had to download the game to my phone.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 10-16-2019 at 11:18 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

As I understand it, Sabrina has successfully installed the game on both devices and can usually switch back and forth. (This is totally doable as long as both devices use the same operating system and you are logged in with the same user/player ID, even without Facebook.) The problem described was caused because she never closed the game on the first device, so TS would not let her open the game on the other.

I've gotten that error message before even when I have closed the game, but only moments earlier. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 minutes for that closed connection to clear out of TS servers before it lets me open the game on my other device.

I've never seen an app that could remotely close itself on device A in response to a command sent from device B.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    As I understand it, Sabrina has successfully installed the game on both devices and can usually switch back and forth. (This is totally doable as long as both devices use the same operating system and you are logged in with the same user/player ID, even without Facebook.) The problem described was caused because she never closed the game on the first device, so TS would not let her open the game on the other.

I've gotten that error message before even when I have closed the game, but only moments earlier. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 minutes for that closed connection to clear out of TS servers before it lets me open the game on my other device.

I've never seen an app that could remotely close itself on device A in response to a command sent from device B.
    Aaaah...gotcha. Thank-you for clarifying.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Thanks everyone for your comments and for clarifying what I was trying to say!! Btw, I was never able to sign on with my 2nd device even after leaving the window open for some time. Only after returning several hours later and manually closing the game on my 1st device was I able to resume play. When I'm listening to Pandora radio and this happens, their app let's you pick which device you want to listen on then it turns the other off. I didn't see how to attach a picture to show their error message but I don't think it's really necessary at this point. I will try submitting this issue to Township support. Still love the game and all my friends. Glad to meet you all and thanks for your responses.

Hii, someone please help me to let me know if I can play TS in 2 mobile android devices? I have 2 android mobile phone and I installed TS in my 2 device so I can play TS when the other mobile run out of battery. Is this fine? Or my TS will get banned because syncing will not going well. Thanks before

Quote Originally Posted by Ade Indra View Post
    Hii, someone please help me to let me know if I can play TS in 2 mobile android devices? I have 2 android mobile phone and I installed TS in my 2 device so I can play TS when the other mobile run out of battery. Is this fine? Or my TS will get banned because syncing will not going well. Thanks before
    Hi,

That is not a problem, you can play the same town on both your devices without worrying. As long as you're connected to facebook and/or Google Play, your progress should be syncing up when you switch devices.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

That is not a problem, you can play the same town on both your devices without worrying. As long as you're connected to facebook and/or Google Play, your progress should be syncing up when you switch devices.
    Hii, thank you for your information, I appreciate that. Hava a good day ^^

Hi Ade Indra , I play on my phone and my tablet. The only issue is that you must remember to close the game when you change to another device. I didn't do that and as a result couldn't play all day until I got home and closed the game on the device I started playing on. So far it appears there's no way to close it remotely. Happy Townshiping­čśŐ