Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem uploading my picture from facebook

Problem uploading my picture from facebook

So i am connected to facebook, i just upload my picture but i wish to have it at township. One of my colleague told me that she can see my picture but i do not see it...she said i have to wait. Yes? This is it? How long? I wait since Sunday.....or maybe only other can see not me? I am not a computer person......😔
    Milky way

The game help says "up to a few days":

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...y-game-profile

I have read here it can take more than a week.
    As we use different servers, it can be different for different players.

Ingame, the game help is behind the cog wheel to find.

It is true, it does take some time for the facebook profile pic to sync with the game, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. There is no exact time to give you, as it can differ from player to player, depending on device, servers, OS, etc.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Ok, thank you very much...at least i know that all i have to do is wait, it is ok, i have time!....i thought that i did something wrong.....
    Milky way

Did you choose your facebook picture in the list of all profile Township pictures? It usually is the first one.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 134
    Platform: iOS

Changing photos should be instantaneous. There's no excuse for the delay. If you switch out one ugly game avatar for another, it's instantaneous, so it CAN be done. Just another thing Playrix isn't interested in making easier for us.

I have a photo on my profile within the game but can't get it to show up here. Ridiculous.

Thanks all lt sounds like I’ll just have to keep trying as I can’t get into the game to try changing my profile pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    I have a photo on my profile within the game but can't get it to show up here. Ridiculous.
    The game and the forum are not connected in any way. The accounts are completely separate and don't share any information, even if you used the same email address/fb account to log in.

If you want an avatar to be displayed here on the forum, you'll have to set it up from your account settings.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    Changing photos should be instantaneous. There's no excuse for the delay. If you switch out one ugly game avatar for another, it's instantaneous, so it CAN be done. Just another thing Playrix isn't interested in making easier for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    The game help says "up to a few days":

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...y-game-profile

I have read here it can take more than a week.
    As we use different servers, it can be different for different players.
    The help page referenced by DD has an interesting hint:

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you decide to use the profile picture from your social network, you may need to wait a few days for the change to take effect while our server caches updates.
    Yes, it might be easy to assume that if you are the only one looking at your Facebook Profile Picture inside the game that any change to FB would be "instantaneous". Of course, it is unlikely that the game has any knowledge of what you did on FB recently so it would have to go and look to see if the picture changed, every time you re-opened the game.

Also, your chosen avatar appears on every train, plane, or zoo "basket" of every player you helped. Also, your chosen avatar appears on "friends list", "recent helpers list", "asking for help list", "co-op membership", "co-op active tasks board". And all of those places are visible to other people, not just yourself. So the question is, how instantaneous should that be for players around the world? How overloaded would FB's servers be with requests for the latest FB profile picture? And that's not just Playrix games but every game that offers a FB login for social gaming (I am prohibited from mentioning game manufacturer's who do that by the forum rules, they would "crush" me epically).

The hint in the help, "server caches updates" says it all. Playrix has your FB Profile Picture cached on their server (or multiple servers because there are apparently a lot of them around the world). At some "reasonable interval" these servers will request the latest Profile Picture for those players who are logged into FB through the game.

Rather than thinking that Playrix doesn't care about you it might be better to think of this as a reasonable compromise between giving all your friends a way to easily recognize you, i.e., a socially fulfilling gaming experience, and swamping FB with millions of requests for the most up to date picture.
    Last edited by cdosr; 10-16-2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Typo