Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal question: How do I get the max co-op rewards?

Interseasonal question: How do I get the max co-op rewards?

See picture attached. Yeah i'm wondering how to get the maximum co-op rewards. I'm guessing the way is to just fill it up with precious chests.. but now i'm confused after reading this on the wiki: "Finish the personal rewards first so you can‘t accidentally get a lower value chest as a reward. Or have the lower value chest dumped immediately after finishing the easy task for the co-op goal." - What does this even mean? Is there a way to choose tasks and separate that from chests or something? In general just kind of confused and hoping someone can clear it up. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any completed task in any chest counts +1 toward the co-op goals.

If all 3 tasks in a chest are completed, and it is one of the first 9 chests you worked on, then you will get some rewards from it at the end of Interseasonal. These chests are in addition to the co-op goals and are referred to as "personal rewards".

People work on the precious chests first because they have bigger rewards at the end. After you have collected 9 chests, that would be only 27 tasks, so then you want to do easy tasks to get the co-op goals.

You don't have to do precious chests, you could choose to complete easier chests, but the quote that confuses you describes one strategy for getting the most rewards in the game.

Theoretically, you could do tasks and never complete any chests. The completed tasks would count toward the co-op goals, but there would be no personal rewards from the chests for you.

I hope this helps?
    Last edited by Villette; 10-16-2019 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar

Just started a new co-op of 4 members. We had a little under 2 days to complete.

3 members hit the 9 chest goal and the 4th member only got 5( she just started playing about 5 days ago ) We hit the co-op goal of 55 boxes with about 8 hours left to go. So for a first run with the 4 people we had I felt rather good about it.

Some thing that I think would make it easier in the next one....
    1: split you co-op into 2-3 person teams (2 people need 33 tasks to get the co-op goal) total of 27 for boxes plus 6 extra to get goal.
    2: Don't be afraid to dump a chest. We had a precious with 75 Zoo hot products, 212 Rubber, and 5 plains. That was not going to happen without spending Tcash
    3:Have fun with it!
    Just Curious,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary) WMZ83A
    Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Looking for a new co-op? Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Warrior View Post
    See picture attached. Yeah i'm wondering how to get the maximum co-op rewards. I'm guessing the way is to just fill it up with precious chests.. but now i'm confused after reading this on the wiki: "Finish the personal rewards first so you can‘t accidentally get a lower value chest as a reward. Or have the lower value chest dumped immediately after finishing the easy task for the co-op goal." - What does this even mean? Is there a way to choose tasks and separate that from chests or something? In general just kind of confused and hoping someone can clear it up. Thanks.
    Hello Spirit Warrior

This link here will take you to a page with a lot more detail about ISR. (Interseasonal Regatta)

Team Points - Complete tasks to get overall team points and achieve all the team rewards.

Personal Rewards - In order to get all nine (9) chests players must complete either alone or with others all tasks within a chest in order to recieve the chest.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Just one point of clarification - the player will get rewards from the first 9 chests completed in which you have a task. This might not be the same chests as the first nine tasks you completed.

Say you have finished 11 tasks. The first 8 are in chests that have since been completed but other tasks in your ninth chest are still being worked. If the other two tasks in your chest 10 get finished first, then that will become your ninth reward chest.

In other words, you need to be careful which tasks you take until you nine bests chests are finished. This is the point where some coops start working select tasks in wooden chests then dumping the partial chest before it is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    ....Some thing that I think would make it easier in the next one....
    1: split you co-op into 2-3 person teams (2 people need 33 tasks to get the co-op goal) total of 27 for boxes plus 6 extra to get goal. ...
    As far as I remember atm, the amount of tasks for the goals changes in Interseasonal depending on the amount of players from recent weeks in THAT Coop. IOW, the Coop that starts new gets lesser goals than the one "left behind", esp. if only 1 person works on tasks till the 4th goal in the new one. That is also how hopping works, btw. So, the "old" Coop will have more to do (and with less ppl) than the new one, unless only 1 person was racing the last weeks.
    Addition: If you don't like the Coop rewards in an Interseasonal regatta, leave and re-join; they change then.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Personal Rewards - In order to get all nine (9) chests players must complete either alone or with others all tasks within a chest in order to recieve the chest.
    ETA: strike the following remark, it's for seasonals/see post below [I seem to recall you must be 4 players in a Coop to be able to get all 9 personal chests.]
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-17-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: not deleting, as it has been quoted

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

I seem to recall you must be 4 players in a Coop to be able to get all 9 personal chests.
    _DD_, I think you're maybe thinking of seasonal regattas where you do need 4 players to get 9 chests, but in interseasonal a co-op of one person can get all 9 personal chests - they just have to complete all of the tasks themselves, 27 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    _DD_, I think you're maybe thinking of seasonal regattas where you do need 4 players to get 9 chests, but in interseasonal a co-op of one person can get all 9 personal chests - they just have to complete all of the tasks themselves, 27 in total.
    ah yes, wasn't sure there suddenly (added it JIC, cos I have seen the question so often *g*) - thanks, JJ!
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-17-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villette View Post
    Any completed task in any chest counts +1 toward the co-op goals.

If all 3 tasks in a chest are completed, and it is one of the first 9 chests you worked on, then you will get some rewards from it at the end of Interseasonal. These chests are in addition to the co-op goals and are referred to as "personal rewards".

People work on the precious chests first because they have bigger rewards at the end. After you have collected 9 chests, that would be only 27 tasks, so then you want to do easy tasks to get the co-op goals.

You don't have to do precious chests, you could choose to complete easier chests, but the quote that confuses you describes one strategy for getting the most rewards in the game.

Theoretically, you could do tasks and never complete any chests. The completed tasks would count toward the co-op goals, but there would be no personal rewards from the chests for you.

I hope this helps?
    So basically what I should do is complete a bunch of easy tasks that I can do quickly and then dump the chests to hopefully respawn precious chests and then only fully complete the precious chests. Got it.

Precious chests contain at least one, usually two really hard tasks, more difficult than required for 135 points. For example, zoo is 13 orders vs the 11 needed for regular 135 tasks, they often ask for 5 planes instead of 4. If you are a solo coop, trying to do only precious chests means you will be doing the equivalent of 27 135 tasks with at least half being even harder/ longer. If you are not playing solo, you also need to consider whether other coop members can do other tasks in the chest.

Frankly, the additional rewards are not really worth it, imo, especially if you factor in the quantity of tcash you would likely spend rushing things. I usually do a mix of precious and gold and they give mostly the same items. We just get a slightly larger quantity in the Precious chest, say 6 of something instead of 4.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-17-2019 at 04:05 PM.