Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't hacking punished??

Why isn't hacking punished??

I went to the global leaderboards for the fishing tournament and the top tier players are sitting at 39k points. Lets say the average fish catch is 5lbs, that is nearly 7,800 fish that were caught since the tournament started, which is impossible; even paying tcash to reset the fish and lures every time you need them.

Well fish can be about 8lb though can't they? Either way it is possible with a lot of money.

Why anyone would want to do it is what confuses me .

If I did my math correctly that is roughly a fish caught every 20 seconds for four days straight. It isn't possible, even with a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BmfBrando View Post
    If I did my math correctly that is roughly a fish caught every 20 seconds for four days straight. It isn't possible, even with a lot of money.
    I'd be interested to see the maths, even using a low weight of 5lb I make it more like 1 every 40 seconds. Given that the average weight is probably a few lbs more and each fish takes 5 - 10 seconds to catch at best if you have the time and the T cash this is possible.

Also looking at the current leaders town this certainly doesn't look like a hacker to me. More an experienced player who has achieved everything else and now concentrates on the challenge of the events. This player is quite often near the top of the leaderboards in events, pretty sure Playrix have scrutinised their account pretty closely.

How many hours a day are you using?

These dodgy competition events apart, TS is actually pretty zealous about tracking down and suspending players they think are using hacks or cheats. So much so that they seem to have a problem with false positives. This forum is full of complaints from people who say they have been banned without cause. (Well, not literally full, but there are quite a few of them.)
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-13-2019 at 11:24 PM.

24. Isn't that standard?

Sorry that sounds sarcastic, but you never said you were only using a certain number of hours...

Even if you use 8 hours a day, that still gives 13 seconds per fish at the low weight you are using. A few seconds longer at a more reasonable weight. Not saying it is easy, but theoretically it is possible.

And actually Playrix police these events quite well, they have removed a lot of people from this current leaderboard already.

And accusing people of being hackers isn't helpful when as you say a lot of people are getting banned falsely.
    Last edited by Nightrook; 10-13-2019 at 11:43 PM.

here's some math:

the leader is now at 40,000 lbs
    assuming 8lb / fish caught = 5000 fish caught(maybe a few more as we don't all get 8lb fish)

assuming 10 seconds per fish caught = 3 fish / min x 60 min = 180 fish / hr
    assuming they pay TC to speed the boats along

5000 fish caught/180 fish per hour = 27-28 hours

so the person spent minimum 27-28 hours fishing, between the number of days the event has been on it is totally possible to have done this imo

just very glad that i'm not competing against them

Thanks for the math Willowmist. At 10 seconds per fish it would be 6 fish per minute though wouldn't it? Going off your math that makes it even more doable.

Agee, I am so glad none of them are in my competition

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thanks for the math Willowmist. At 10 seconds per fish it would be 6 fish per minute though wouldn't it? Going off your math that makes it even more doable.

Agee, I am so glad none of them are in my competition
    ROTFLMAO

Yes, Thank you

I agree this does not seem like hacking. It just seems like a determined player who is playing really hard.

I agree with Mayfield that there have been too many false positives. Playrix needs to adjust and loosen its algorithm that triggers automatic banning of seemingly legitimate players. This person just seems like someone who doesn’t mind spending a lot of Tcash to get a reward and is probably putting in a lot of hours on it.