Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regatta tasks starting when dumping tasks

You should get that screen Mayfield. But in my experience we have had times in my co-op when it hangs up when you try to dump something and if you are going to fast and don't wait for it to clear off the board that doesn't appear and you end up with the task you wanted to dump.
    The best thing to do is be careful that you hit the right button and wait for the task to disappear before dumping another one or taking one.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Hey does anyone know if there is a penalty for dumping a task you have started but you can't finish it.. is there a penalty towards team or none at all. Any help greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Babigirl View Post
    Hey does anyone know if there is a penalty for dumping a task you have started but you can't finish it.. is there a penalty towards team or none at all. Any help greatly appreciated
    Your team receives zero points and it counts as one of the tasks you can do. That can be a huge penalty if you are in a highly competitive race.

Never dump a task you've started.
    You and your team lose the points from that task, but it counts as a completed task with 0 points, so instead of doing 7 tasks you can only do 6.

( Only exception would be if on last day you are going to fail your current fifth task, but there are two easy tasks on the board that you can do.)

Look carefully at task requirements, both quantity and time before starting a task.

Hope that helps.
    You'll find lots of useful tips in the New to Township and the Co-op and Regatta threads

Mayfield...If you get that and you close it..you won't lose a task.
    What has been happening is one of two things, the window to ask if you are sure does not appear.
    Or, it appears but the player us going so fast they hit the button.
    Like DD says...we should go slower lol

Thanks for the quick answers, someone in my coop was asking about it and I wasn't to sure again thank you for the help

Thanks for the quick answers, someone in my coop was asking about it and I wasn't to sure again thank you for the help
    just adding that the answers you got are for the seasonal regattas, as it's on now. In Interseasonal regattas it's different (there you can simply give tasks back into the chest). Maybe your team partner asked because they heard of that.
    There's also an ingame Help behind the cog top left.
    Happy racing