Thread: invite someone to join co-op then leave before they join?

invite someone to join co-op then leave before they join?

what happens if I invite someone to join our co-op, then I leave the co-op before they accept the invitation? Does the invitation disappear when I leave, or does it stay?

if our co-op is "by request", and I invite a friend to join, I think they immediately join if they accept the invitation. is that right? Does that still apply if the co-op member who sent the invitation has since left the co-op?

the reason I'm asking is in relation to a co-op where the leader has been MIA for a long time. If all but one of the remaining members leave to try out another co-op, can the active member who is left behind send them invitations to re-join the co-op and the leave as well, letting the other members re-join if they want to just by accepting the invitation?

hope that wasn't too confusing a question.

In theory, BUT the stay-behind needs to be friends with all in order to send invites and co-leader status to be able to promote you when you return.
    IF they also left you'd end up with an inactive MIA leader, and everyone returning stuck as members, unable to invite,dump, promote .....

thank you, I hadn't thought about being stuck as a member when you return

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    thank you, I hadn't thought about being stuck as a member when you return
    You're more than welcome, and yes people can accept invites even after the person who sent the invite has left, as long as they meet the level requirement, or are higher than 150.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    ...yes people can accept invites even after the person who sent the invite has left, as long as they meet the level requirement, or are higher than 150.
    oh hadn't heard of that - did you experience it, or how..?
    so a lvl 160 player could enter with an invitation, even if I had set limit to lvl 180 meanwhile?

Hi Doug, me & dag have decided to stay home, we will try to get more members, and try to find charlotte, thanks so much for your time and efforts on our behalf it good to hear from you pam X

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh hadn't heard of that - did you experience it, or how..?
    so a lvl 160 player could enter with an invitation, even if I had set limit to lvl 180 meanwhile?
    The maximum lvl for coop entry requirements is 150 so players above that level can still accept invitations even after leader or co-leader has changed co-op to closed and left

I locked myself out of my own host co-op several times by forgetting to promote baby before leaving after first half of a combo hop.

When I suspect I'll be too slow accepting a hop invite, I check if the person who invited me is still there.

The maximum lvl for coop entry requirements is 150 so players above that level can still accept invitations even after leader or co-leader has changed co-op to closed and left
    Thanks, Jay! And that also means the answer to my question above is "yes", right?
    (when I am still there)
    (I don't have enough experience with hopping to understand the other examples, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks, Jay! And that also means the answer to my question above is "yes", right?
    (when I am still there)
    (I don't have enough experience with hopping to understand the other examples, sorry)
    Yes, you can accept the invitation, even if the person who sent it is no longer in the co-op

When a hop is over it's usual to change the co-op minimum entry level to 150, to prevent wasted trips

Yes, you can accept the invitation, even if the person who sent it is no longer in the co-op

When a hop is over it's usual to change the co-op minimum entry level to 150, to prevent wasted trips
    My question was more from the other side (I invited and stayed, it was about the lvl of the invited), but I got it now, thanks!

Hopping really has become a science of its own