Thread: Redesign isle characters

Redesign isle characters

Hi, I really love the gave and your design and illustrations but I would really love it if you could redesign the isle characters. They are really stereotypical to the point of being offensive to Mediterraneans and Africans. Thanks for your consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by yokky View Post
    Hi, I really love the gave and your design and illustrations but I would really love it if you could redesign the isle characters. They are really stereotypical to the point of being offensive to Mediterraneans and Africans. Thanks for your consideration!
    Hi yokky welcome to the forum . As Barb mentions above this has been addressed before.

I just wanted to add that although I don't consider myself best placed to say if these characters are offensive or not. One has to give some consideration as to how difficult this is for Playrix (and any other game companies).

On the one hand we have threads on this forum from players stating the lack of diversity of different ethnicities, disabilities, sexual orientation etc is racist or offensive etc. Then we have opinions such as your own and others, who find some characters included in the game (no doubt from Playrix trying to be more inclusive and diverse) stereotypical, racist, sexist etc.

Although the graphics in Township are amazing IMO, there is only so much detail they can give to our residents (they are very small ). I imagine without using certain features (which may appear stereotypical) to highlight a characters ethnicity, age or gender, it would be almost impossible to distinguish them from each other.

Anyway this is just my thoughts on the subject .