Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosque Requirements

Mosque Requirements

You have players of many religions here. Respecting their religion, all of you should create a place of prayer according to their religion. There are many beautiful temples here, but why not have a Mosque or Dargah?
    Or do you want us to understand that Muslims are not fit to play here?
    There are many beautiful mosques all over the world so why can't we have any in here in our beautiful town?

We don’t have any religious buildings for this exact reason. The only buildings we have that may appear as religious are there because they are well known landmarks, not as religious icons.

It would be fantastic to have something for each religion, but more inclusive to have nothing at all, in the long run.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Just to add to this...it is listed here in the forum post: Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    We don’t have any religious buildings for this exact reason. The only buildings we have that may appear as religious are there because they are well known landmarks, not as religious icons.

It would be fantastic to have something for each religion, but more inclusive to have nothing at all, in the long run.
    Well, you‘re right there, Nevada, WHY we have them. But for many of those, who buy them, Notre Dame de Paris or the Basilios cathedral in Moscow ARE places of worship (at least for me they are).

And there are a couple of great landmarks, which are Mosques, for example the Süleymaniye Mosque in Istanbul or the Blue Mosque from the 15th century in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. I would love to see some of these in my town, as they also are part of the heritages of mankind.

My concern with this discussion over Notre Dame etc being religious to people, is that Playrix will take it upon themselves to remove them . Rather than it being used as a convincing argument to add more iconic/religious buildings. I would be very sad to lose them in my town.

I agree with your concern Downton, if the past is anything to go by they will indeed remove those we have.
    Playrix have stated many times from the very start of the game that they would not include any religious buildings as it would be impossible
    to include them all.

You can be assured this has nothing to do with thinking Muslims are not fit to play!!
    Why would you even think that?
    There are other religions that are not included, and there has been no such question from them.
    Last edited by Cuddz; 10-06-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typo

I understand all thought's.
    Maybe do like a park area for all religions? How great would that be!
    Have different people go to it. I know it won't ever happen, but not to a specific religion.
    Wishful thinking.

Those arguments don't wash. There are mosques that have UNESCO designation that makes them World Heritage Sites like the other religious buildings we do have, such as the beautiful Hagia Sophia.

Come to think of it, when was the last time they made any additions to the collection of special decorations we buy with jewels now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Those arguments don't wash. There are mosques that have UNESCO designation that makes them World Heritage Sites like the other religious buildings we do have, such as the beautiful Hagia Sophia.

Come to think of it, when was the last time they made any additions to the collection of special decorations we buy with jewels now?
    Thank you, Mayfield, you expressed just what I was thinking. Barb

Actually, the example I gave isn't a good one. Hagia Sophia isn't used as a mosque any more, just as a museum. There must be others, tho.