Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Decorations

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    683D97C5-819D-421E-BD7B-2A3F04EA75EF.png: Upload of file failed.

this is the error message
    Not sure if this is your particular problem but I've had problems uploading larger images, anything over 1 MB seems to fail. I use a photo editor to crop the image to remove extraneous bits or to reduce the resolution to keep the full picture. Once it's below 1 MB the upload succeeds.

Are you kidding? There's always been a PNG upload problem...
    No and no, not in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    No and no, not in my experience.
    Always on this forum the PNG uploads frequently get fail messages and also for those in my co-op. DD if you aren't using Apple's built-in screen capture that comes with MacOS then you apparently won't get this problem. I've had this issue with every MacOS.

"Not sure if this is your particular problem but I've had problems uploading larger images, anything over 1 MB seems to fail. I use a photo editor to crop the image to remove extraneous bits or to reduce the resolution to keep the full picture. Once it's below 1 MB the upload succeeds."

Thanks cdsor, I will keep an eye on that. With MacOS you don't open the photo app so you don't have an edit feature when doing screen captures but the screen capture app does let you choose a whole screen or partial. Both of the uploads were partials, but maybe the one that kept giving me the error was larger. I didn't save the screen shots to my photos so can't check this time. Hopefully that's it.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Always on this forum the PNG uploads frequently get fail messages and also for those in my co-op. DD if you aren't using Apple's built-in screen capture that comes with MacOS then you apparently won't get this problem. I've had this issue with every MacOS.
    with MAC OS, exactly, and THAT is what you should have answered to my first question about your (too) general statement, instead of a grouchy reply.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    with MAC OS, exactly, and THAT is what you should have answered to my first question about your (too) general statement, instead of a grouchy reply.
    Before you arrogantly said 'no, no and not in my experience' you stated you weren't aware of any problem so I restated that there was and how I would go through hassle after hassle hoping it would work. Yes, I am on MacOS platform and as we are friends here who have shared quite a few threads with that fact coming up plus the fact that my signature has always stated that I am on the MacOS platform I really didn't think that it was necessary to yet again restate it. However I did state the obvious in the quote you used in your last post trying to calm you down.

Invalidating another player's frustration at a glitch that they, but not you, are experiencing is bad form at the least, rude and arrogant at the worse. Telling them 'no, no and not in my experience' and then criticize at them when they are trying to be patient with your great big ego does not earn you any points.
    Last edited by 505SunDog; 10-31-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Calm down...no need to shout lol.

If you have had a persistent problem with PNGs .. Have you reported to Playrix? Just asking.
    This forum is moderated by players and its players that give what advice they can.
    The Devs rarely come in here so it's more likely they won't see your problem.

I know it can be a pain trying to get through to support, but it's the only way to get it solved. That's assuming the file isn't too large etc.

Before you arrogantly said 'no, no and not in my experience' ....
    well, that was a reply to your IMO offensive remark "are you kidding", to which I said No. Your quote is also wrong, btw.
    And in that tone, no sense in further discussion indeed. Happy gaming.

Wow, 505SunDog and _DD_, if anything else needs to be said maybe it would be appropriate to move to PMs? Just an idea. Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Calm down...no need to shout lol.

If you have had a persistent problem with PNGs .. Have you reported to Playrix? Just asking.
    This forum is moderated by players and its players that give what advice they can.
    The Devs rarely come in here so it's more likely they won't see your problem.

I know it can be a pain trying to get through to support, but it's the only way to get it solved. That's assuming the file isn't too large etc.
    Yes, it's been reported. This thread was suppose to be about Halloween decorations, not the PNG upload issue.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    Wow, 505SunDog and _DD_, if anything else needs to be said maybe it would be appropriate to move to PMs? Just an idea. Barb
    I don't see anything that needs to be moved to PMs. Disagreeing openly on the forum is fine IMO. If anything I think SunDogs comments to DD are inapropriate, incorrect and make only themselves look arrogant. These type of comments would be even worse sent by PM rather than on the forum.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Downton; 11-01-2019 at 12:23 AM.