Thread: chat message order

chat message order

Cant the chat interface work like all other chats in the world? Messages should scroll down, not up, with latest text at the bottom of the list! We have to read conversations in reverse order? If some players actually like it as is, a sort button/preference would be easy and useful

When you enter chat..if you want to read what's been said earlier yes you have to scroll down to the bottom.
    However the conversation is not in reverse order...as you read up it is as it was posted.
    For those that are chatting, their posts are at the top so they can see them as they are typed in.

Just Mho but I think it's an unnecessary change. We have to be aware that it's not easy to change things in the game, just because it's our preference.
    For everyne that prefers something one way there will be someone who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    When you enter chat..if you want to read what's been said earlier yes you have to scroll down to the bottom. ...
    Just as addition: actually you don't have to scroll all the way down. Not on Android and IOS anyway, if it should be different:
    When you open the Chat window the first time after entering the game (and if it shows a number of unread msgs only, of course), there is a little down arrow at the bottom of the chat window area. If you click on that, it jumps to the first unread-for-you msg in the window.
    You can then read up and will arrive in the current chat. Which is for everyone active at the top of their window, and scrolling down from there, which I think is quite normal and convenient.
    (using an expression like "all other chats in the world" as the OP did is quite 'dangerous' anyway, lol)

... We have to be aware that it's not easy to change things in the game, just because it's our preference.
    Very well said, and very true. Thx, Cuddz.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-05-2019 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Mayfield, thx for the IOS confirmation! :) added

When you enter chat..if you want to read what's been said earlier yes you have to scroll down to the bottom.
    However the conversation is not in reverse order...as you read up it is as it was posted.
    For those that are chatting, their posts are at the top so they can see them as they are typed in.

Just Mho but I think it's an unnecessary change. We have to be aware that it's not easy to change things in the game, just because it's our preference.
    I have to agree with you, Cuddz
    If found angry upset or sad administer cheerwine ASAP- Penelope Sue

That little down arrow to first unread post is also there in my iOS game.