Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2019 Update [Android/iOS/Kindle/MAC]

The two things that leapt out at me after the update were the couple on the willow tree bench and the different positioning of the number of items I have in the barn. The second is slightly irritating as I have had to re-train where I look. lol However, that couple kissing and carrying on is really annoying. I love that tree and have it in many places in my town. Most are already positioned so the couple are hidden. But others I have had to rotate. Thankfully, I have other items in front of the trees which also helps. Multiples of that couple not wanted in my town, thanks. Actually, I don't want any of them at all. As Mayor of my town, I demand they get off that bench and get to work - now! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by noniin View Post
    No, no. Everyone should have them after upgrade. But mystery is solved - my team members have not upgraded yet but I assumed they did because I see their cities Halloween decorated.
    ah yes - just saw in another post also that what you see in other towns is dependant on your own upgrade, not theirs.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-07-2019 at 05:35 AM. Reason: up-, not uo-

Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
    .... Multiples of that couple not wanted in my town, thanks. Actually, I don't want any of them at all. As Mayor of my town, I demand they get off that bench and get to work - now! hehe
    yes, one can almost understand how a Mayor can become a dictator, huh? I wish I could be one for these Playrix folks and change that back!

btw, I don't care where they go, as long as they get off that bench (and somewhere out of my view)!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ...do supermarkets in your area get their stock by ship? or is dock not necessarily ship-related?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Another area where use of words has evolved but kept origins
    Loading bay/loading dock is where lorries load and unload their contents.
    We dock our portable (Land-Line) phones into their charging stations, and our laptop into workstation (in well-equipped offices).

We also dock pay (withhold a part of wages) but I don't know the origin of that usage.
    Dock (plant) leaves are good at counteracting nettle stings, and as Wild-Camping "personal hygiene".
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    Google answers all (LOL) "The docking of pay is altogether different. That relates to the Old English 'dock' - 'to cut short, particularly of the hair or tail of an animal' and that practise is still commonplace in the dog and horse breeding communities. That form of the word dates back to at least the 14th century, when it was used by Geoffrey Chaucer in The Reeve's Tale..." https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dock-ones-pay.html
    wowzers - that is one unexpectedly variable word! I finally looked it up after your posts and found indeed (at least) 4 different meanings for verb and noun each. Many thanks, Jay and Barb!
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-07-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Ok I just downloaded update and got nothing. No expansions, no Halloween decor etc... I restarted my phone and nothing still. I'm on Android.

Yes, indeed! New flags were added but the ones they stole were not returned!!! My family's time in Township ends when today's Regatta does. Many thanks to all who have offered information and inspiration over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Sexton View Post
    Ok I just downloaded update and got nothing. No expansions, no Halloween decor etc... I restarted my phone and nothing still. I'm on Android.
    I've also uninstall and reinstall and still don't have update.

The update is now available for MacOS users today!
    Last edited by JoeCG; 10-07-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    Township Gus
    MacOS

I don't have a Halloween update for Android. When will it be available? Other players in my co-op already have the update.

Amazing, MacOS updated before droid and KINDLE
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire