Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

Thank you
    . Lol, yes. The horse will land right in the water! You will not be surprised to hear, I had choice of putting a bit of land there for it, or a tree..... I chose a tree

In that case, I admit that the 1tile water behind the tree/straight on from the bridge is of course better than putting the tree directly in the horses' way....

As Mayor of Downton I put a report out in town that a few animals may have got loose. It appears some residents are trying (very badly) to hide them! Really, I keep telling them if you want a pet, get one that fits IN your house!
    They keep trying, eh!
    You are excellent in that job!!

&
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-04-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Originally I only only wanted one of the Trojan Horse. But now I am considering the Minotaur. And maybe the Sculptor’s Workshop. At first I didn’t like the Sculptor’s Workshop, and I’m still not sure about it. But I have found that sometimes the animal-themed decorations grow on me over time. So maybe it is best for me to get it now, so I don’t regret it later.

I will be looking through your towns to see how you use these decorations! It always helps me to get ideas and visualize how they will look.

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    Originally I only only wanted one of the Trojan Horse. But now I am considering the Minotaur. And maybe the Sculptor’s Workshop. At first I didn’t like the Sculptor’s Workshop, and I’m still not sure about it. But I have found that sometimes the animal-themed decorations grow on me over time. So maybe it is best for me to get it now, so I don’t regret it later.

I will be looking through your towns to see how you use these decorations! It always helps me to get ideas and visualize how they will look.
    Well, my "art district" needs to be cleaned up a bit, it's way too dense. But I think the "sculptor's workshop? seems to go with the "art show" from a previous season. Both have animals, portraits and statue. Plus I still can't figure out what the graffiti artists are drawing but at least one thing looks like a chicken

20191013_210338.jpg

I've made it similar as Charlie (cdosr), and my screenshot is here. (was earlier, he he)

I also have bought a few decos, just to be sure I have them when I want them. Then I can make "theme-related groups", if anything comes up.
    F.e. I've just set up all 4 aquariums in my town. Not that I disliked them especially, but wouldn't need so many. Couldn't resist showing the collection now. *G*

OTOH, there are some where I am sure I will never like them nor want them.

I already had some of the decs from last time. I keep the Chariots out all of the time as I really like them. The Amphitheatre and Trojan horse I got out of storage. For now I have bought the Pig . Not sure if I will get the Minotaur. I like it but space is a real issue now .

Attachment 48851. Attachment 48858
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I only wanted the minotaur...it makes easier to be choosy since i’m out of space lol. I will probably need to buy more by the end of the season to make room for tokens.
    Attachment 48823
    You guys are all making it difficult LOL. I started the season thinking that I didn’t want any of the decorations except for the Trojan horse. So I bought some other things like brass bars and gems. Now I am panicking, wondering if I will have enough for the Sculptor’s Workshop, Minotaur and Aphithheater. I am sort of burned out on Regattas, and doing them solo so I don’t have a break. So I was trying to take it easy this season. But maybe the next two weeks are going to be a wild dash instead!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, my "art district" needs to be cleaned up a bit, it's way too dense. But I think the "sculptor's workshop? seems to go with the "art show" from a previous season. Both have animals, portraits and statue. Plus I still can't figure out what the graffiti artists are drawing but at least one thing looks like a chicken

20191013_210338.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I've made it similar as Charlie (cdosr), and my screenshot is here. (was earlier, he he)

I also have bought a few decos, just to be sure I have them when I want them. Then I can make "theme-related groups", if anything comes up.
    F.e. I've just set up all 4 aquariums in my town. Not that I disliked them especially, but wouldn't need so many. Couldn't resist showing the collection now. *G*

OTOH, there are some where I am sure I will never like them nor want them.
    Missed these posts! You guys! More great ideas. This thread is full of them. _DD_, I like your idea of collecting decorations for later, because you can make themed areas. Wish you hadn’t told me that! LOL (kidding)
    Last edited by missy.; 10-14-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    Town name: CatTopia
    New Friend Code: 947PBH
    Co-op: As the Crow Flies #SSCDY3
    Platform: iOS/Mobile - No Facebook. Limited to 50 friends.
    Actively looking for helpful friends! I love to help/receive help.

Helps: 4915
    Number of trains: 2881
    If you have a roughly 2:1 Help/Train ratio, please send me a friend request
    If I am full, I can float you on my pending list if that is okay

Golden League!

... Now I am panicking, wondering if I will have enough for the Sculptor’s Workshop, Minotaur and Aphithheater. ...But maybe the next two weeks are going to be a wild dash instead!
    lol, yes, see my reply above re "unwanted" deco. If it helps, and depending on your preferences: the Amphitheater is not animated (is just sitting there), the pig sculpture is.

ETA: just saw your addition - Yes, we posted almost at the same time. Glad to help with ideas!
    BTW, the cow painter you see at the bottom of my screenshot (whose exhibition is behind him, next to the pig sculpture) is painting (copying?) the Pink village, of which you only see a small part on the pic.
    That collection and area "had" to be created, when I noticed how much pink decos we have.
    Typical case of "RL - and likes! - are different", lol.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-14-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I think the "sculptor's workshop? seems to go with the "art show" from a previous season. Both have animals, portraits and statue. Plus I still can't figure out what the graffiti artists are drawing but at least one thing looks like a chicken

20191013_210338.jpg
    cdosr/Charlie, I ended up using the two decorations (Sculptor’s Workshop and Art Show) near each other for now. Thanks for the inspiration! I also crammed the Trojan horse in there (thanks, _DD_!). Regarding the graffiti: I can’t tell if it’s a chicken; my eyes aren’t great LOL On second thought, it does look like a chicken! A chicken with sunglasses on. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, yes, see my reply above re "unwanted" deco. If it helps, and depending on your preferences: the Amphitheater is not animated (is just sitting there), the pig sculpture is.

ETA: just saw your addition - Yes, we posted almost at the same time. Glad to help with ideas!
    BTW, the cow painter you see at the bottom of my screenshot (whose exhibition is behind him, next to the pig sculpture) is painting (copying?) the Pink village, of which you only see a small part on the pic.
    That collection and area "had" to be created, when I noticed how much pink decos we have.
    Typical case of "RL - and likes! - are different", lol.
    I love your justification for making a pink area! No justification needed.

I think I’m going to be greedy and I’m going to have to have all of them! Animated or no.

Oh dear… I have a feeling this is going to be a hectic season. Ha!

Oh and P.S.— I didn’t get the cow painter at the time nor did I get the trees with the cube in them. Can’t remember what events those were. And of course, now I’m regretting it. That’s okay; there will be another chance hopefully!

ETA: Here is what mine currently looks like: (apologies for blurry pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by missy.; 10-14-2019 at 07:01 AM.

you're welcome, missy (although I don't remember praising the Trojan Horse..? mine is in the zoo, where all the children and their toys are )

I love your justification for making a pink area! No justification needed.
    I mainly mentioned it for the idea of collections, or a theme - and that some ideas come later - it is something (here, pink as colour), which I didn't expect to please me. But I am a fan of decos, unless Playrix makes their sales TOO expensive, which happens lately more often, alas. hey, just saying
    - Anyway, meant to say that it can also happen with the bigger statues, which many dislike, just as example - suddenly an idea comes up.
    OR, you give up the idea of a "realistic" town. Or that everything should be fitting together. *G*

Your area looks nice already, and still expandable, yes I would rethink the road piece, though. Rather use a pavement than a road, so you have only Townies walking there, not cars driving. Then it's fine for the watching effect there
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-14-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks! I will look at pavement ideas instead. To me, the area looks kind of disjointed but that’s to be expected, since I still have a lot of land to expand.

That area has gone through several changes, and I expect it will go through a few more!

I never thought my Township would have any Dali-esque sections like Cobalt Banana’s, but it could happen May already have some of those sections from time to time, such as when I pull out my cowboys. Oh, and I love my Easter bunnies.

It was Downton who inspired about the Trojan horse. I knew I had seen it somewhere in this thread.

It was Downton who inspired about the Trojan horse. I knew I had seen it somewhere in this thread.
    Thanks missy . BTW your pic doesn't look blurry at all, and I like your current layout of the decs . Also girl after my own heart, I love my Easter bunnies too